Free Agency - 2014...

Mr Dee

LOL Kevin Glenn's tweet

Kevin Glenn @qterback5

tell nick and Keron Ottawa some snakes they lied to me

Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.. Hard to flex off at the bombers from the bench lol..

But in all seriousness, guy cannot catch a break..

So let's say we have Moore. What do we do?

WR - Denmark

SB - Moore

SB - Watson

SB - Kohlert

WR - ???

Or do we put Denmark in, Kohlert at wideout? I don't even know what to expect. Yet another year I could see Denmark being tested in camp.

Denmark turned the corner last year when he was moved to slot, didn't he? 

Denmark was the 2nd best rookie to Chris Williams in his first year then he started to suck until Gary Crowton was fired at which point he started to look good again... So to me Denmark was hampered by a poor OC moreso than anything. I think he will surprise some people this year. 

Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.. Hard to flex off at the bombers from the bench lol..

But in all seriousness, guy cannot catch a break..

That's what happens when your mediocre.

I'm not a big Aaron Kelly guy.

Curious as to why. He did everything he was asked last year considering the circumstances did he not?

I don't think he's a bad receiver. I just think we can do better. I mean really, everyone talks about him like he was some legit weapon but really, his production as a whole was nothing special. He made some spectacular catches, but in terms of yards per game, his stats only projected out to a 650 yard performance over 18 games.

As far as YPG goes, he wasn't even in the top 5 on our team. Edwards, Kohlert, Etienne, Watson and Denmark all outproduced him.

Bombers need to be looking at improving almost every position.  We had the least amount of talent last year and our receiving core was in the lower half of the league.  No true number 1 threat..and no, Denmark is not a number 1 threat..too inconsistent..a number 2 receiver at best.

I would welcome Nick Moore with open arms even if we overpay him.

Nick Moore isn't an elite #1 receiver unless he takes a quantum leap this off-season.  If Denmark is utilized like he was in the 2nd half of the season 2013 he's a 1200 yard receiver.  I'd say they are pretty comparable in terms of showing some good ability but being somewhat inconsistent in terms of production.  Denmark has better hands, Moore is a bigger target, both really good route runners.

I wonder if we are looking at Moore as a boundary WR to replace Matthews.  He really didn't do well at that spot in BC 2012 and finally grabbed a spot inside after they dealt Geroy.

That boundary WR spot is the one we need to fill.

Check out Moore's stats from 2012 - 2013 - he made a quantum leap in terms of production.  And that was with the starting QB out for a good portion of the season.  No reason he can't be an elite receiver, he's pretty close to it right now..and those 1100 yards put him in the top-10 anyways.  I could argue that's elite right now.

And as for Denmark, please.  Don't act like he wasn't partly responsible for his poor production for most of the season.  Not being used properly was only part of the problem.  He showed an inability to get open much of the time.  If he improves, good for him and good for the Bombers.  But I don't want to see the Bombers put all their eggs in the Denmark basket so to speak.  I also don't think the Bombers should solely rely on kids fresh out of US college to provide meaningful production.  1000 yard receivers aren't as easy to find as some here seem to think.

He also went from being in and out of the lineup, 4th or 5th target when he was in, to taking Geroy Simon's spot.  Any receiver good enough to make a CFL team would put up 1000 yards as a primary target.  Marquay McDaniel is another example of that...good enough that no one in the league wanted him.  Gets a shot to be a #1 receiver with lots of injuries in Calgary, 1000 yards.

Is Moore the 3rd best receiver in the league?  Not a chance.  Same as judging Burris as the #1 QB because he has the most passing yards, yet Lulay, Ray and Calvillo missed big chunks of the season.