Goodbye 2013...

Mr Dee

While we tick tock towards more 2014 news announcements, we can throw out the dirty bath water that was the season of 2013.

Goodbye/riddance to these:

- 2013 year of the big BM movement  (Buchko, Mack released)

- Less Bucking around now, Pierce is finally traded.

- torturous HC decisions 

- torturous HC non-decisions

- O-line deficiencies underlined once again

- the emergence and disappearance of Jade Etienne (Burke?)

- Burke re-invents the dog house and the aw-shucks interview

- thankfully, the visor look did not catch on

- In the Urban Dictionary, the term "No Offense" is used to make insults socially acceptable. 

In Bomberland it meant extending Gary Crowton's contract.

- our defence got exposed more often than Miley Cyrus

- the expresson "no hope" was used to describe our chances every game we faced

- if we could buy 'laughing' stock through a broker, we'd all be rich

Feel free to add your goodbyes…

Goodbye:

- Blank stares by the head coach, acting stupid, like he shouldn't be the one responsible for this frigging mess.

- Hopefully goodbye to penalties by our team on the very first play of the game.

Welcome:

- Coach O'Shea and the intensity, accountability, and passion that I hope he and his staff will bring.

Good bye to giving up late in a game when their is more then enough time to attempt a drive and field goal and hope that you can win in OT despite the defense playing extremely poor in the last 2 quarters blowing a big lead.

Good bye to droopy dogg face.....

Good bye to sitting a qb that made the Blue 1st in the red zone at the beginning of the season in favour of playing a QB who managed a negative qb rating....

Good bye injury proned rbs.....

Good bye to having to watch the tape to figure out what to do next despite Bob Irving being more then nice enough to giving you an easy out to explain why you lost the game....

Good bye to ignoring the o-line....

Good bye to being satisfied or happy when a qb throws for more then 200 yards in a game....

Goodbye first pass attempt of the season being intercepted.

That really did set the tone for the season eh.

That & the 52-0 pasting set the tone. We lost both exhibition games & I think all we scored in those games was a measley field goal.  That was when I realized Burke was just a dumb & clueless head coach who couldn't motivate Tony Robbins. 

You never came across to me as apathetic. You still had a ton of passion all season. Even when it was evident that the season was lost. I could sense your frustration level was very high. You're one of the best & knowledgeable fans here.

That's only because my passion for arguing never goes away, but it was too the point where watching the games was just "ho hum another blow out who cares" no anger, no frustration just acceptance and that is a terrible feeling. 

I was to the point that every loss meant one more notch in Burke's coffin. My worry was that we'd win 2 out of our last 3 & he'd be retained by the tall foreheads running the team. Thankfully, that never happened as their foreheads weren't so tall & had common sense as their guide.