Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Morning Big Blue

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Brady @ Bo: The GDT

  • Replies 576
  • Views 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • sportmentary2012
    sportmentary2012

    An ugly win but that Brady kid is pretty good

  • Bryant has officially become a liability. It's been coming for a while but it's absolutely here. He was terrible last night.

  • His play wasn't a problem but his deployment was. If our backup QB is a guy who needs the playbook cut down by 66% just to function, we need to have a better option. That's not an Elgersma problem, th

Featured Replies

Squeaked that one out last night and if Bo would've been in for the whole tilt , I wonder if the outcome would have been 2 pts in our favour ....I'm really liking Elgersma ...his poise and attitude are quite sound and the mechanics of the game will certainly follow...Glad they chose to go with the kid and hope they follow that up against TO.....What a difference maker Brady is when he gets rolling....finally some lead blocks that were opening holes for him......Our passing game is crap...and the most successful pts of the night came off a run by Pokey...That can't go on....especially knowing the receiver talent we have on this club...Short week coming up ....those are always tough....I hope we have a better start than last night...we have to be better

8 minutes ago, Stickem said:

Squeaked that one out last night and if Bo would've been in for the whole tilt , I wonder if the outcome would have been 2 pts in our favour ....I'm really liking Elgersma ...his poise and attitude are quite sound and the mechanics of the game will certainly follow...Glad they chose to go with the kid and hope they follow that up against TO.....What a difference maker Brady is when he gets rolling....finally some lead blocks that were opening holes for him......Our passing game is crap...and the most successful pts of the night came off a run by Pokey...That can't go on....especially knowing the receiver talent we have on this club...Short week coming up ....those are always tough....I hope we have a better start than last night...we have to be better

We don't know what the outcome might have been if Zac and Bo were both healthy all game. I am just glad that we have the NAT QB we have and not the one that Hamilton has. Ford has had a few years and plenty of playing time, he just sucks. Elgersma is green as green can get and he managed our offence far better than Ford managed his.

I thought the OL struggled to start....but settled in as the game went on. I wouldn't say Mak did any better or worse than Wallace and fully expect Wallace will be back once healthy. They didn't really ever mention this, but Wallace was out due to injury not due to his play.

33 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

The sad thing is I don't think the playbook was chopped that much for Elgersma. We hardly run any vertical routes and basically didn't in this game the whole time ZC was still in. They didn't stray that far away from the gameplan other than ZC being out forcing Condell's hand more to run the ball.

This is just wrong. If you think you can run like that against a front that knows it is coming without blocking at the line of scrimmage you are sorely mistaken.

He's hitting the second level at full speed ffs.

I dunno, I saw a lot of hitting bodies at the line and then bouncing it outside. There were a couple of times he hit the hole full steam but there were just as many where he carried 2 defenders for 4 yards to leave it 2nd and 4.

1 hour ago, Bigblue204 said:

To be fair, Bombers also dropped 2 easy picks, one that likely would have been for 6.

I’m sorry I think it is reasonable to say being a huge db fan of the game they have to make those plays, no excuses.

This whole week of practice I’m hoping there are consequences.

9 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

This whole week of practice I’m hoping there are consequences.

Unfortunately, with the short week, there's only one real practice - Wednesday.

Which may make the Bombers decision to roster Collaros difficult. I'm guessing they leave Collaros off this week - bring Brown on - but who starts is anyone's guess as we never know what's going through O'Shea's head.

2 minutes ago, blueingreenland said:

Unfortunately, with the short week, there's only one real practice - Wednesday.

Which may make the Bombers decision to roster Collaros difficult. I'm guessing they leave Collaros off this week - bring Brown on - but who starts is anyone's guess as we never know what's going through O'Shea's head.

Well that one real practice better include a grinding DB exercise on how to catch a damn football.

1 hour ago, Mike said:

His play wasn't a problem but his deployment was. If our backup QB is a guy who needs the playbook cut down by 66% just to function, we need to have a better option. That's not an Elgersma problem, that's a team problem.

Agreed. Should have kept Randolph and let Bryant be our 6th.

56 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

I thought the OL struggled to start....but settled in as the game went on. I wouldn't say Mak did any better or worse than Wallace and fully expect Wallace will be back once healthy. They didn't really ever mention this, but Wallace was out due to injury not due to his play.

I dunno, I saw a lot of hitting bodies at the line and then bouncing it outside. There were a couple of times he hit the hole full steam but there were just as many where he carried 2 defenders for 4 yards to leave it 2nd and 4.

He was on the injury report with a shoulder designation though he was a full participate so who know, as for Brady that's how I saw it

Right now our D is #2 in the league, allowing 25.25 points a game, very slightly behind Hamilton, who have allowed 24.5 per game.

14 minutes ago, johnzo said:

Right now our D is #2 in the league, allowing 25.25 points a game, very slightly behind Hamilton, who have allowed 24.5 per game.

I don’t think that’s the point comparing ourselves to other D’s if we are being selfish for our team. Yes our D has done some good things, keep doing them, but let’s improve each week regardless of how we stack up against other D’s in the league. Set high expectations, set that tone. Constantly tweak to get better.

1 hour ago, johnzo said:

Right now our D is #2 in the league, allowing 25.25 points a game, very slightly behind Hamilton, who have allowed 24.5 per game.

That's true, but we also see statistical reasons to believe that it is an aberration.

Going into this week, we have been middle of the pack in yards given up, 2nd most first downs given up, middle of the pack in TDs given up, and fewest FGs given up. That says the place we are saving points is mostly long drives from other teams leading to FGs, but that we still give up more TDs than average.

most rushing yards given up, 3rd most YPC, 2nd worst opponent average field position, 2nd worst opp TOP, 2nd worst TD per drive rate; this, like below, shows that other teams are able to get what they want and keep drives going.

Fewest pass yards/completions/attempts but closer to the bottom in % against, 2nd highest pass eff against, 3rd most YAC given up, 3rd most 30+ plays given up. That says the bye week, and that other teams are wasting time when not finishing drives. Not that we are preventing them from finishing drives.

Opponent TD drives are 2nd worst in the league, with such a low offensive snap count against and all the big plays, with few FGs given up; this all points to teams not being stopped by our D.

This isn't bend but don't break; this is breaking so frequently that opposing offences haven't optimized playing against us. But If we don't change things soon, they will.

The D is middle of the pack in most statistical categories, at or near the top in others, bottom feeders in some. They are first in field goals allowed (4). Fifth in touch downs allowed (11). First against the pass, last against the run. A surprising second place in average yards given up per play (7.12). Total defensive plays is middle of the pack (173). All this is after 4 weeks, last night's game is not included

Honestly we feel like a 9-9 team. Nothing scientific, just gut feeling or vibes as the kids would say.

15 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Lawler earned a few catches the hard way too and that's really all you can do against a guy like that sometimes.

He's a strange dude. Smiling as his qb writhes in agony with a broken leg on the ground. Absolutely no eye contact during his halftime interview. Acting like talking to a kid out of Ryerson in Toronto working for TSN is beneath him.

Edited by SpeedFlex27

20 hours ago, Piggy 1 said:

Dunno bout anybody else , I liked Elgersma. Love his drive and energy. I'd give him the ball ,if ZC cant go.

His dad was at the game and in the post-game interview, Taylor was pretty grounded and modest. Me likey.

5 hours ago, blueingreenland said:

Unfortunately, with the short week, there's only one real practice - Wednesday.

Which may make the Bombers decision to roster Collaros difficult. I'm guessing they leave Collaros off this week - bring Brown on - but who starts is anyone's guess as we never know what's going through O'Shea's head.

Not entirely sure he does, either.

Edited by Tracker

5 hours ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Well that one real practice better include a grinding DB exercise on how to catch a damn football.

DB are just receivers who can't catch 😉

10 hours ago, wbbfan said:

Kramdi is not the answer at S, that is for sure. A big part of the coverage problem is that, instead of bringing in an IMP dime off the bench and putting him in front of the half over a slot, we are bringing in Kelly and running him and Kramdi both as shallow Safteys. Neither has the ability to pick up a deep man worth a damn, and both are shoddy at best in one-on-one coverage. Thats leaving a wr to run past a lber and be open for close to a first down a lot, and leaving us extremely vulnerable along the hash marks deep down field.

Idk if Allen is injured for real or being hidden on the IR. We either need him back, or another imp S in a hurry. Then we need to stop subbing Kelly in on D. Put Kramdi back at Sam, and Griffin at Wil. Or better yet, Kramdi straight to wil.

He never should've made it out of camp. I get everyone loves the guy; he's the goat. If you want, keep him on the IR or even the reserve roster as a player-coach or something. Cutting Randolph for him was a massive mistake. Teams are beginning to focus on him too, what we saw last night will only get worse unless change happens soon.

I wouldn't move griffin..dude is legit there..prob a top sam in league

Kramdi would be a worse WIL than safety..we really shouldn't even have re-upped him..definitely not for what we payed him...he should have been another guy we moved on from. If he wasn't here..he wouldn't be missed..I dont care how smart he is..Doesn’t translate to actual ability...I know a lot of smart football guys who would suck too

10 hours ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

I mean...we had Dru Brown sitting right there, as one example. Osh stating they didn't want a veteran backup who had played for the same OC last year to dress because "he wouldn't have the whole playbook" is even more hilarious when you look at what Elgersma ran.

Yup..one of his more stupid moves...and he has made many

A 5 yr guy could have absorbed more than the basic package and done more than what we witnessed

10 hours ago, Bigblue204 said:

Yeah it pains me to say it, but Bryant is a problem. I agree with someone that the hit that took Collaros out, wasn't on him, but he had plenty of other plays where he was cleanly beat. Old age is undefeated and his time has come.

The excuse that Dru wasn't ready with the playbook etc is pure BS. No one can convince me that he couldn't have run the same plays TE did and just build off those. MOS got real pissy with DT about it on the post game too. Either way that trade looks even better now with both Collaros and Bo going down.

TE imo looked better than Zach. Not that they were doing the same thing exactly, but he was more decisive and had more velocity on his ball.

Defense did ok...kept the game close enough and I think most people will agree were lucky that Bo wasn't in it until the end.

I've said before...osh is a horrible actual coach or game roster constructor...plus he is never accountable for any failure but is quick with an excuse tho

9 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

TE-You can see the potential and the upside but he does not look ready.

Bryant-Liability.

MOS-The excuses for not rostering Brown are total BS and he sounds like a defensive jerk.

Roster Management-You need to at least sit one of Ayers,Wilson or Jones to get another offensive player on the roster.

U didnt need to go 4 import oline guys...we didnt last week when neuf was out...osh just makes excuses and has his own agenda at times before the betterment of team..and its not just this isolated incident..its yrs and yrs worth of it..smug and arrogant...and a whiner if criticized or called out on anything...

8 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

The sad thing is I don't think the playbook was chopped that much for Elgersma. We hardly run any vertical routes and basically didn't in this game the whole time ZC was still in. They didn't stray that far away from the gameplan other than ZC being out forcing Condell's hand more to run the ball.

This is just wrong. If you think you can run like that against a front that knows it is coming without blocking at the line of scrimmage you are sorely mistaken.

He's hitting the second level at full speed ffs.

We really have minimal reciever talent..and no guys outside the mold of the 3 main guys we have...one of whom..Demski is a walking injury and not what he was..he isnt a top 5 canadian..let alone wr in general...the 3 canadian wr plan..needless as it is doesn't allow our top 2 guys much room...and what has neild done last 2..3 games..he would have been a nice 4th..5th option flying under the radar

8 hours ago, GCn20 said:

We don't know what the outcome might have been if Zac and Bo were both healthy all game. I am just glad that we have the NAT QB we have and not the one that Hamilton has. Ford has had a few years and plenty of playing time, he just sucks. Elgersma is green as green can get and he managed our offence far better than Ford managed his.

I want the 3 best possible qbs..nationality not being a reason for play...that goes for every position..currently.. we dont have that...or shall I rephrase..we dont play best options..we do have talent but its either not used..under used...or not recognized

8 hours ago, HardCoreBlue said:

I’m sorry I think it is reasonable to say being a huge db fan of the game they have to make those plays, no excuses.

This whole week of practice I’m hoping there are consequences.

Holm has had bricks for hands his whole career..not a shock he dropped that

2 hours ago, brett_c_b said:

DB are just receivers who can't catch 😉

I get it, my son was a db whom I bugged about his hands but cmon you gotta make the easy ones.

Fyi Elgersma did NOT start last night. I've seen many posters referring to the game as his first start. Collaros started and got hurt on a free rusher hitting him.

35 minutes ago, Booch said:

I want the 3 best possible qbs..nationality not being a reason for play...that goes for every position..currently.. we dont have that...or shall I rephrase..we dont play best options..we do have talent but its either not used..under used...or not recognized

Holm has had bricks for hands his whole career..not a shock he dropped that

55 minutes ago, Booch said:

I want the 3 best possible qbs..nationality not being a reason for play...that goes for every position..currently.. we dont have that...or shall I rephrase..we dont play best options..we do have talent but its either not used..under used...or not recognized

Holm has had bricks for hands his whole career..not a shock he dropped that

Most db’s can usually catch in practice and warm up looking like all stars but come game time hands turn to rock.

2 hours ago, MrFreakzilla said:

Fyi Elgersma did NOT start last night. I've seen many posters referring to the game as his first start. Collaros started and got hurt on a free rusher hitting him.

I never saw anyone refer to Elgersma as getting his first start last night.

3 hours ago, Booch said:

I want the 3 best possible qbs..nationality not being a reason for play...that goes for every position..currently.. we dont have that...or shall I rephrase..we dont play best options..we do have talent but its either not used..under used...or not recognized

Thing is, with an American & Canadian ratio you'll never have the best players playng. There will always be players who make this team as Canadian starters who don't deserve to be on the roster & better American players will be cut. To have the best players all play then the mandated 8 Canadian starters have to be eliminated.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.