2024 Blue Bomber Training Camp

1 hour ago, bluedawg said:

Looks like he started games at safety, dime and field halfback based on their depth charts. And did so as a rookie. That's a solid add at this point in camp to kick the tires on and see if he can help the team out in some way

Maybe the DB Brad Muhammad replaced when the Stamps reacquired him?

24 minutes ago, Colin Unger said:

I was viewing it as his smarts are a real asset in the CFL. On paper a lot of CFL greats don't have any one skill that flies off the page for NFL scouts.  Even Milt or Arland Bruce probably would have been categorized like this by NFL teams. In Milt's case it was really his smarts that make him such a good CFL receiver. His measurables alone would not have made him standout verses half of the receivers in the CFL. 

Just bugging you man. Im picking up what you're putting down

Just now, Fatty Liver said:

Maybe the DB Brad Muhammad replaced when the Stamps reacquired him?

My theory is that now that Titus Wall is back from injury and they added Rodney Randle + Demerio, kept Tre Roberson etc that Griffin was the odd man out there. He might have seen the writing on the wall and asked for his release even

4 hours ago, BBlink said:

I thought Hill was nicked up. They may keep him around given his potential

Have you been to TC to see him? Just curious. 

From what O’Shea said about him during Rookie Camp it sounded like he was limited and it was a chronic lower-body issue.  Not sure it’s something that will get better he’s just trying to squeeze out a couple more shots at making a team.

28 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Ontaria Wilson has got a lot of reps with first team O.

That’s a pretty good indicator of who is getting the longest looks for better or worse.

So far it’s been an indicator of who’s getting released next 😂

45 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

From what O’Shea said about him during Rookie Camp it sounded like he was limited and it was a chronic lower-body issue.  Not sure it’s something that will get better he’s just trying to squeeze out a couple more shots at making a team.

As an elite athlete, that’s gotta be tough for him when his body isn’t responding the way he wants it to.

18 minutes ago, JCon said:

Streveler? I remember him from the Cardinals and Jets. He'll probably get a spot on this team. 

outside chance.....It looks like he's starting in Regina  ...    Zack to mentor???or not making the trip....It will feel good to see Streve behind centre again....been awhile

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

Strev. has nothing left to prove he should stay home as well, I hope Barriere and Wilson get the majority of the snaps divided equally, I suspect whichever they release will get picked up by another CFL team soon after.  I hate when they make up their minds before pre-season games and don't even give QB's a shot in the dark.  The poor QB behind Pigrome last year barely got on the field because Collaros and Brown took the majority of snaps.

14 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

Strev. has nothing left to prove he should stay home as well, I hope Barriere and Wilson get the majority of the snaps divided equally, I suspect whichever they release will get picked up by another CFL team soon after.  I hate when they make up their minds before pre-season games and don't even give QB's a shot in the dark.  The poor QB behind Pigrome last year barely got on the field because Collaros and Brown took the majority of snaps.

He hasn’t played in the CFL in 5 years now. I’m sure he’d like to get a few live reps before the season starts.

56 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

Man I think most of us thought Barriere was the next great Eastern Washington QB in the CFL (and maybe he still can be ) but it seems surprising, just based on hype, that he's APPARENTLY losing the battle to Wilson. Curious if that says something really good about Wilson or if Barriere is not living up to the hype... 

5 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Man I think most of us thought Barriere was the next great Eastern Washington QB in the CFL (and maybe he still can be ) but it seems surprising, just based on hype, that he's APPARENTLY losing the battle to Wilson. Curious if that says something really good about Wilson or if Barriere is not living up to the hype... 

Wilson has a great skill set...I'm not to surprised to be honest...personally I think you can't go wrong with either...that being said I wouldn't be surprised if the 4th isn't put on the PR....depending on what Strev shows this yr...and if ZC shows some more decline..or more poor playoff performing he could be the odd man out in 2025

22 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Might need a year on the pr 

1 hour ago, Jesse said:

He hasn’t played in the CFL in 5 years now. I’m sure he’d like to get a few live reps before the season starts.

Plus you got a couple spots open on O. Would be ridiculous to just bring 2 QBs brand new to the league then cut guys after who never had a chance to make a play. Strev atleast gives these guys a chance I’d imagine 

37 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Plus you got a couple spots open on O. Would be ridiculous to just bring 2 QBs brand new to the league then cut guys after who never had a chance to make a play. Strev atleast gives these guys a chance I’d imagine 

Happens all the time. 

We brought 4 QB's in last year (Cooper Callis, Billy Hall, Josh Jones, Tyrrell Pigrome) who were all new to the league.

Jones and Piggy only threw 17 passes between them over the 2 preseason games while the other two got released before those games even happened.

2 hours ago, bigg jay said:

Happens all the time. 

We brought 4 QB's in last year (Cooper Callis, Billy Hall, Josh Jones, Tyrrell Pigrome) who were all new to the league.

Jones and Piggy only threw 17 passes between them over the 2 preseason games while the other two got released before those games even happened.

That’s true but in that case our qb2 had recent cfl experience in our offence. I think it makes sense to have Streveler run out for at least 1 quarter if not two. Get experience behind the buck playbook running some base packages, maybe work with the first team guys and get re familiarized with the league. 

I wonder if we will see any designed qb option / runs. 

I expect Strevy to play 1-2 quarters in the first game and 1 tops in the second. Zach takes half plus a drive usually. Rookies probably close out the game. 

Can’t freaking wait.