2024 Blue Bomber Training Camp

25 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

I think economic/government service area is a big factor as well. A city like Brandon will service another 50-60k in nearby population, same with Thompson as the hub of the North. Whereas cities like Steinbach do not service much surrounding population because of proximity to Winnipeg. I know that was hugely important to food franchises when i was looking at opening up a franchised restaurant in Thompson some years back.

That is certainly a big factor as well. Not only is winnipeg sandwiching steinbach, multiple predominantly french towns are in different directions as well. I believe Loewen blvd overlaps upwards of 4 or 5 different RMs. Which is why it is such a mess as soon as you leave steinbach. 

Physical distance from the next major city will lead to a larger area, as well as diversity in the surrounding area it self. Morris is in this situation (though not being close to a city) because it falls pretty evenly between winkler/morden, steinbach, and winnipeg. The RM is over 1000km2, with a population that leaves it with less than 2 people per km2.  

As a fun fact, 25 countries in the world have a smaller km2 foot print than the RM of morris. 

Edited by wbbfan

Back to Training Camp discussion. Man, you get the impression Michael Chris-Ike is going to be a factor (no, not the jabari arthur factor) on this team. I am not usually one to pay attention to the combine results but for a guy that is 6'1" 225 to be the top in the cone and shuttle is impressive. Combine that with having a bunch of special teams tape; describes himself as aggressive on teams; it really sounds like he is exactly what we need. You could also see O'Shea beaming (the classic O'Shea beam) when talking about him.

16 minutes ago, BBlink said:

Back to Training Camp discussion. Man, you get the impression Michael Chris-Ike is going to be a factor (no, not the jabari arthur factor) on this team. I am not usually one to pay attention to the combine results but for a guy that is 6'1" 225 to be the top in the cone and shuttle is impressive. Combine that with having a bunch of special teams tape; describes himself as aggressive on teams; it really sounds like he is exactly what we need. You could also see O'Shea beaming (the classic O'Shea beam) when talking about him.

top 40 time too

45 minutes ago, BBlink said:

In contrast, Osh did not sound at all excited about QB3 or 4.

14 minutes ago, JCon said:

Does Augustine finish the season with the Bombers?

I'm predicting, no. 

I'd have a hard time thinking MCI would pass him on the depth chart as the gameday backup at RB this year. It sounds more like they will use him at FB/TE if he sees the field on offense

13 hours ago, Bigblue204 said:

Damn...I joined TEP in 07 I think...doesn't feel like almost 2 decades

I joined ourbombers in 01 (yes the season resulting in unfinished business)

I chose my name IC Khari in 03 … yikes I’m old 🥸

Edited by IC Khari

1 hour ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Yeah he will.  We're not exactly bursting with Canadians.  Lots of rookies.

Augustine did improve a lot on teams over last year as well. I cant see an out right cut of him. He might end up being a scratch some or end up on the pr. 

10 hours ago, bearpants said:

This is a great article.... good to hear that Haba seems ready to take over Jackson's role... but I'm excited about Garbutt and Rivers too... having a three man rotation of Willie, Haba, and Rivers/Garbutt will hopefully cause a lot of havoc for opposing QBs

I read the above and went..."Haba is going to play fullback this year?"...duh....lol

2 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

So what's likely for Chris-Ike this year? He starts the year primarily on teams but as the year goes on he gets some carries to spell Brady and becomes another weapon for us on offense?

I don’t typically expect anything from rookie draft picks.

10 hours ago, Sard said:

By the strictest definition of a city (population of at least 50,000 people with a density greater than 1,500 per sq. km), according to the 2021 census there is 1 (Brandon).

That being said, we do have pockets of places that have the population density but not the total population:

• Portage La Prairie
  • Thompson
  • Selkirk
  • Niverville
  • Neepawa
  • Flin Flon
  • Virden

No I didn't miss the sarcasm, but the comment piqued my interest, so I looked it up.

Glad to see Niverville make the list!

48 minutes ago, brett_c_b said:

I have no idea when I joined OB but I feel like I found it from a comment on Winnipeg Heights which I feel has been dead for a long time now

I can't remember when I joined but I knew I had to have Lyle Bauer as my avatar as I knew it drove Nasty Nate crazy....lol...

3 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

So what's likely for Chris-Ike this year? He starts the year primarily on teams but as the year goes on he gets some carries to spell Brady and becomes another weapon for us on offense?

Oooor..... 

POWER-I-RIGHT-FAKE-32-DIVE-WEAK-OPTION.g

... I'll show myself out.

Looks like the Bombers let go of RB Ronnie Brown as one of their cuts they had to make today. And he is now tweeting about it towards Ed Tait?!?!?! What a joke. Makes me cringe for the player. Must be going through a lot mentally. Hope he gets the help he needs