2024 Blue Bomber Training Camp

18 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

I am in that stage of my life where any year starting with a '2' seems recent to me until I do the math.

I was buying a gift at the LC, and had my ID in hand. The casher didn't ask to see it, which made me wonder when the last time I actually was ID'd was. It made my brain hurt trying to think back that far, and I still don't have an idea when I was last ID'd. 

12 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

I was buying a gift at the LC, and had my ID in hand. The casher didn't ask to see it, which made me wonder when the last time I actually was ID'd was. It made my brain hurt trying to think back that far, and I still don't have an idea when I was last ID'd. 

Don't you need to get your ID scanned to even enter an LC these days?

2 minutes ago, Rich said:

Don't you need to get your ID scanned to even enter an LC these days?

Don't know about what is usual, but I walked into the steinbach one a week and a half ago and didn't see any employees till I got to the till lol. 

2 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

You do. 

Just googled it, thinking maybe this was some failure to follow protocol thing. But it looks like the ID to enter is just in winnipeg, done in response to those passive theft/raids that were happening a ways back. Doesn't seem like it's the case in rural MB. 

Just now, Fatty Liver said:

Wut???  You can buy booze in Steinbach now?

Yeah, They've had one since 2009. They've had a bar at the edge of town since 76, literally as close to town physically as they can be while being in another RM, called the Edge lol.

No practice on Sunday incase anyone was thinking of going:

Winnipeg Blue Bombers Practice Schedule: May 15-21

WINNIPEG, MB., May 14, 2024 – The following is the Blue Bombers practice schedule for May 15-21. Practices are held at Princess Auto Stadium unless otherwise stated. 

Wednesday, May 15
Practice: 8:30 a.m. - 11:50 a.m.

Thursday, May 16
Practice: 9:00 a.m. - 12:25 p.m.

Friday, May 17
Practice: 8:30 a.m. - 12:10 p.m.

Saturday, May 18
Practice: 8:30 a.m. -11:15 a.m.

Sunday, May 19
Travel to Regina – no availability

Monday, May 20
Winnipeg Blue Bombers at Saskatchewan Roughriders, 2:00 p.m., Mosaic Stadium, Regina, SK
Streaming: CFL+
Radio: 680 CJOB

Tuesday, May 21
No practice/media availability

13 hours ago, Noeller said:

Obviously huge thanks to Derek for coming on here with reports. Greatly appreciated. 

Also thanks to Our Man Tait for his daily camp reports. This one in particular is interesting as many of us were pleading to have Haba get more time last year... And hopefully he's on pace to break through this year....

This is a great article.... good to hear that Haba seems ready to take over Jackson's role... but I'm excited about Garbutt and Rivers too... having a three man rotation of Willie, Haba, and Rivers/Garbutt will hopefully cause a lot of havoc for opposing QBs

37 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Don't know about what is usual, but I walked into the steinbach one a week and a half ago and didn't see any employees till I got to the till lol. 

Just googled it, thinking maybe this was some failure to follow protocol thing. But it looks like the ID to enter is just in winnipeg, done in response to those passive theft/raids that were happening a ways back. Doesn't seem like it's the case in rural MB. 

There are cities in Manitoba outside of Winnipeg? 

5 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

There are cities in Manitoba outside of Winnipeg? 

By the strictest definition of a city (population of at least 50,000 people with a density greater than 1,500 per sq. km), according to the 2021 census there is 1 (Brandon).

That being said, we do have pockets of places that have the population density but not the total population:

• Portage La Prairie
  • Thompson
  • Selkirk
  • Niverville
  • Neepawa
  • Flin Flon
  • Virden

No I didn't miss the sarcasm, but the comment piqued my interest, so I looked it up.

4 minutes ago, Sard said:

By the strictest definition of a city (population of at least 50,000 people with a density greater than 1,500 per sq. km), according to the 2021 census there is 1 (Brandon).

That being said, we do have pockets of places that have the population density but not the total population:

• Portage La Prairie
  • Thompson
  • Selkirk
  • Niverville
  • Neepawa
  • Flin Flon
  • Virden

No I didn't miss the sarcasm, but the comment piqued my interest, so I looked it up.

Never heard of 'em. 

25 minutes ago, Sard said:

• Portage La Prairie
  • Thompson
  • Selkirk
  • Niverville
  • Neepawa
  • Flin Flon
  • Virden

BRANDON

32 minutes ago, Sard said:

• Portage La Prairie
  • Thompson
  • Selkirk
  • Niverville
  • Neepawa
  • Flin Flon
  • Virden

Manitoba legislation allows an incorporated urban municipality with a population over 7500 to incorporate as a city if it so chooses.

44 minutes ago, Sard said:

• Portage La Prairie
  • Thompson
  • Selkirk
  • Niverville
  • Neepawa
  • Flin Flon
  • Virden

Population density isn't a pre requisite for being a city in any dictionary definition or civil engineering standard. Density is only used to separate for economic survey data. Federal, and provincial standards are what's applicable. 

Manitoba has some really interesting/odd outliers in terms of economic per capita zones, that are perfect examples of why the standard is used but only in statistical evaluation. 

1 hour ago, wbbfan said:

Population density isn't a pre requisite for being a city in any dictionary definition or civil engineering standard. Density is only used to separate for economic survey data. Federal, and provincial standards are what's applicable. 

Manitoba has some really interesting/odd outliers in terms of economic per capita zones, that are perfect examples of why the standard is used but only in statistical evaluation. 

I think economic/government service area is a big factor as well. A city like Brandon will service another 50-60k in nearby population, same with Thompson as the hub of the North. Whereas cities like Steinbach do not service much surrounding population because of proximity to Winnipeg. I know that was hugely important to food franchises when i was looking at opening up a franchised restaurant in Thompson some years back.

Edited by GCn20