2024 Blue Bomber Training Camp

59 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Jake Kelly?

What about him makes you think he'd be a better starter in the secondary than Kramdi or Hallett?

We jumped the shark lol.

Should we cut Evan Holm still?

No Mike Kelly.......Yeah Jake Kelly....way more upside than both...already a better ST player...maybe on Par with Hallett....but thats his (Hallett's) ceiling....way better cover skills than Hallett too....wtf shark u yammering about?

Never said cut Holm either....but he not the best option we could have at HB....But he is our best option for Safety tho and I bet its not even close....would love him to be there TBH

7 minutes ago, Booch said:

No Mike Kelly.......Yeah Jake Kelly....way more upside than both...already a better ST player...maybe on Par with Hallett....but thats his (Hallett's) ceiling....way better cover skills than Hallett too....wtf shark u yammering about?

Never said cut Holm either....but he not the best option we could have at HB....But he is our best option for Safety tho and I bet its not even close....would love him to be there TBH

Guess the point with Holm is to let things play out and see some guys play ball before they are crowned or discarded.  Just ironic that you **** on some guys who have huge and productive tenure based on pedigree but want someone who we've barely seen play who came from the least competitive conference in U Sports anointed.

Just now, JuranBoldenRules said:

Guess the point with Holm is to let things play out and see some guys play ball before they are crowned or discarded.  Just ironic that you **** on some guys who have huge and productive tenure based on pedigree but want someone who we've barely seen play who came from the least competitive conference in U Sports anointed.

doesnt matter where a guy comes from the bud...nor does a talent ebvaluator care or use as his decison criteria..with that narrative Sheed should never amounted to anything....I've seen all the guys ball I have mentioned...at pro....some at amatuer level....several in off-season training facilities....thats what I base my opinions on....mine....not yours, not his....and I dont glom on a media story based off a comment a coach makes and run with it.

1 minute ago, Booch said:

doesnt matter where a guy comes from the bud...nor does a talent ebvaluator care or use as his decison criteria..with that narrative Sheed should never amounted to anything....I've seen all the guys ball I have mentioned...at pro....some at amatuer level....several in off-season training facilities....thats what I base my opinions on....mine....not yours, not his....and I dont glom on a media story based off a comment a coach makes and run with it.

I just think it’s weird that you want to start Jake Kelly or Miles Fox because they can “grow into” a role but you don’t want to let Kramdi “grow into” his role and you didn’t want to let Evan Holm “grow into” his role.

The messaging is inconsistent and let’s be honest, it’s no different than the major beef you seem to have with O’Shea: he plays favourites. So do you, they just aren’t his favourites. At least admit it 😂

51 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

So if BA doesn't have it

a) Do the Bombers move on?

b.) Who replaces him?

Among imps Cole would be my choice. Juan Lua was a college S among the rookies. Parker has a lot of the skills to excel at S. For ni, kramdi would be a top choice. Kelly has the speed and intangibles to be a good one if he develops. 
If Cole is much better at wil, I think kyrie would work there too. Biggie has played deep cover extensively and Id actually rather see him at S than getting eaten up by ol half the time but we won’t do that. 

Keep in mind some of the awful Ss we’ve run out when ba has been hurt and before he swapped. A lot of guys could fill in Better than that. 

24 minutes ago, Mike said:

I just think it’s weird that you want to start Jake Kelly or Miles Fox because they can “grow into” a role but you don’t want to let Kramdi “grow into” his role and you didn’t want to let Evan Holm “grow into” his role.

The messaging is inconsistent and let’s be honest, it’s no different than the major beef you seem to have with O’Shea: he plays favourites. So do you, they just aren’t his favourites. At least admit it 😂

Imo, Kramdi could grow into his role by being the extra db, platooning and subbing in for  certain situations. 

Ill say it’s a big difference between expecting an imp dt to be able to play right away vs an ni to be able to cover. But young guys do need chances. And I think we need to take lumps right now and identify the next wave of impact players. 

Edited by wbbfan

12 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Is Kramdi the 2024 version of Augustine/Jackson 2023  for which we all crap on because we have to nit pick?  

Kramdi already has far more starts. He’s a fringe starter, where as Augustine is a fringe roster guy. I think Kramdi in tc is kramdi last year in term of discussion. But I would be optimistic that his experience as a starter and the point in his career would lead to a step forward which likely makes it a none discussion.

We’ve started some bad Ss and Sams. Kramdi is a lot better than that. Idk when the last time we had a bad starting rb with out better options (or injured) 

3 hours ago, Mike said:

Oh, F you. I was about to make this exact point and you beat me to it.

2 hours ago, Brandon said:

Is Kramdi the 2024 version of Augustine/Jackson 2023  for which we all crap on because we have to nit pick?  

No way. He’s serviceable at worst. Definitely deserves to be out there, just some of us think there’s some more talent to be had at that position. 
I wouldn’t lump Augustine in with guys like Jackson or Shmeckel either. 
Augustine and Kramdi are decent-solid. 

25 minutes ago, DTonOB said:

I've been trying to figure out the snaps where it looks like Kramdi is playing safety. I think it's actually Nichols who they're moving to safety. It's during the skeleton period so it's very tough to tell.
The reps in question come when put Tyrique McGhee in at the boundary corner and move Parker into half.

Is this something MOS would speak to or would he just shake his head?

Think bighill might be my biggest concern at linebacker. Thought Kramdi played well and was noticeable in good ways during the later part of the season. 

I don’t think kramdi even is a top 3 to 5 concern of mine. 

1. tackle 2  defensive tackle 3  defensive end opposite Jefferson 

4  BA  5  Bighill 

Kick returner is a bigger concern also  

yeah not in my top 5  

Schmekel not gonna be on game day roster  he’s a cut or pr bound since we start a cdn DT  

Edited by Goalie

18 minutes ago, CrazyCanuck89 said:

Don't understand the Kramdi hate.  If he were a yank, some fans wouldn't be putting him down.

100% this.

I think Kramdi's development is right on track. I also don't think he would have started on any other team but that isn't necessarily a bad thing. It's good that the Bombers place greater trust in their young Canadians than most teams. That investment has often paid off. And at this point in his career... 27 years old, 4th year player... Kramdi should be hitting his prime. So let's see what he can do.

Haven't been using this forum for long, but find it remarkable how hard-headed and negative a few of the folks on here are......

Having an opinion and voicing it on a forum like this is exactly what it's for but some of what I see on here crosses the line from supporting the team to arrogance and name-calling. It's really really weird to me.

Shouldn't the discussion on here be about which new young rookies are stepping up from the ones on here that have come to practices to watch so far? This is supposed to be a time for excitement not dumping on Redha Kramdi (who seems to be a decent player coming into his own).

Don't want to ruffle any feathers in here but golly where's the positivity in what should be a hopeful time of the year!!!!!!!

Obviously huge thanks to Derek for coming on here with reports. Greatly appreciated. 

Also thanks to Our Man Tait for his daily camp reports. This one in particular is interesting as many of us were pleading to have Haba get more time last year... And hopefully he's on pace to break through this year....

51 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Think bighill might be my biggest concern at linebacker. Thought Kramdi played well and was noticeable in good ways during the later part of the season. 

I don’t think kramdi even is a top 3 to 5 concern of mine. 

1. tackle 2  defensive tackle 3  defensive end opposite Jefferson 

4  BA  5  Bighill 

Kick returner is a bigger concern also  

yeah not in my top 5  

Schmekel not gonna be on game day roster  he’s a cut or pr bound since we start a cdn DT  

Agree with all of that. Lber in general is my biggest lber concern. Kyrie isn’t a spring chicken and hasn’t been able to stay health either.