Next merch purchase

On 2024-01-31 at 10:33 AM, Noeller said:

I'm hyper about Bombers merch. Always on eBay looking for classic stuff. One day I will find the perfect Dunigan 92-94 jersey, which is a bit of a white whale for me. 

For this season, I really have to figure something out. My "early 90s-era" Walby jersey, that I adore, finally got signed midway through '22, and I personally believe you should NEVER wear an autographed jersey, so up on the wall it goes. Since then, though, I've been in a rut. I decided on a "Coach Buck" jersey from when he was QB, that I bought off eBay, but it's back to back devastating GC losses in that jersey, so I'm thinking it's going to be retired this year. I have a Harris 33 in white that I've had buried in a closet until he retires.... I have been toying with the idea of making that my game day jersey this year, if he's officially done. I am also due for a new one with a more current player........ Collaros maybe? One of the OL boys (Yosh could be cool)? Demmer the local, who I've loved since his Bison days? Strevolution now that he's back?? Lots of options and I'm torn... but a few months yet to figure it out!

Those 90-94 jerseys are the all time best imo. My holy grail is a 92 one with the Canada 125 patch. 

On 2024-01-29 at 2:49 PM, wbbfan said:

I was thinking back to how much stuff I bought after the gc wins and how busy the store and site were. 
 This off season and last hasn’t been nearly as busy and it occurred to me that while the gc wins brought huge financial win falls for the team, gc loses likely have cooled it. 
 so I’m buying a New Jersey, hoody, shirt and hat. For the jersey I’m gonna wait till fa is over, since it’s likely to be either Brady or schoen if they sign. 
 So buy merch! What are you gonna get next? 

MY wife bought me a discount card of 10% for Xmas so I'll probably buy a jersey. I always go heritage players so it may be #27 Raimey, #11 Ploen or #2 Clements. 

4 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

MY wife bought me a discount card of 10% for Xmas so I'll probably buy a jersey. I always go heritage players so it may be #27 Raimey, #11 Ploen or #2 Clements. 

Chefs kiss on the #2 Clements.

I loved watching him play. Him and the team around him really took me from an average to hardcore fan that remains to this day.

1 minute ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Chefs kiss on the #2 Clements.

I loved watching him play. Him and the team around him really took me from an average to hardcore fan that remains to this day.

Yeah, He was a great qb. Clements made every team he played on better except the Riders. Lol. I always hoped Tom would come back to the CFL as a HC but he was too busy over the years coaching some of the NFL greats as qb. 

15 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Yeah, He was a great qb. Clements made every team he played on better except the Riders. Lol. I always hoped Tom would come back to the CFL as a HC but he was too busy over the years coaching some of the NFL greats as qb. 

Clements was a great QB with  decent arm and average running ability, but more that made up for that with smarts and probably a lot of film room time.

9 hours ago, Tracker said:

Clements was a great QB with  decent arm and average running ability, but more that made up for that with smarts and probably a lot of film room time.

Average running ability?  He extended plays by evading the rush. He didn't take off with the ball a lot but he could run around behind the LOS making tacklers miss all over the place & extending plays then finding an open receiver downfield. He was actually an above average runner. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

Have been watching a lot of Clements games lately on Youtube and it's shocking how much he and Collaros have the same style -- extending plays, throwing pinpoint passes on the run, turning sacks into first downs.  He just saw the field so well and could process the game so quickly.

He didn't have any kind of breakaway speed and wasn't going to win any footraces but the dude was a buttered eel in the pocket.

I'm gonna go vintage for my next jersey too.  Either BATTLE 34 or JONES 35.  Gotta give some love to those eighties linebackers.

Here's some great Tom Clements moments.  (they're cued up to different plays even tho the preview shows the same video.)

This game broke my heart as a kid.  We would've won this game and played in the 83 Grey Cup if Clements hadn't jacked up his shoulder in the second quarter.

39 minutes ago, johnzo said:

Here's some great Tom Clements moments.  (they're cued up to different plays even tho the preview shows the same video.)

This game broke my heart as a kid.  We would've won this game and played in the 83 Grey Cup if Clements hadn't jacked up his shoulder in the second quarter.

Any chance we could see that a few more times?

11 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

I feel like a bunch of #20 and #83 jerseys were sold yesterday.

Maybe some orders were placed for #20 jerseys but they haven’t had any pre-made since the season ended. Had have one done up for junior for Christmas. 

• 2 months later...
18 hours ago, GCJenks said:

I sure hope they aren't partnering with Access to supply card processing in the stadium. Access can't even provide a stable e-transfer system for their clients, can't imagine they can handle the processing from an event the magnitude of a Banjo Bowl.

Qft. 
Happy for more money to the team other wise. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2024-02-03 at 6:35 PM, Tracker said:

The guy was a lawyer in Chicago for a few years before jumping into coaching at the NFL level. Very, very sharp guy. The guy knows football. He would have made an excellent CFL HC. It's too bad he never came back. Had he come back, I think he would have had a similar career to John Hufnagel with the Stamps.