2023/2024 CFL (Non Bombers) Off Season News

Noeller

Just now, Mike said:

Personally, I’m stoked they picked Manu. You never know.

I mean, if there's not anything really great at that spot....why not, I guess?

1 minute ago, bluedawg said:

I think Manu is high boom or bust potential for NFL. Not upset at the Bombers betting on the bust side of things at the end of the 5th round...

Yeah but with his body and athleticism he'll kick around PR's down there making $200,000 USD until he doesn't want to anymore.

2 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

Our 6th round pick is local kid AK Gassama.

We lost interest in this draft.  Too close to bed time.

4 minutes ago, Mike said:

Personally, I’m stoked they picked Manu. You never know.

Exactly how many Americans drafted where he was drafted eventually end up in the CFL

45 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Nah take a look at him on his film tape.  He's 6'3 295 and not fat at all.  He's a nose in this league.  Doesn't look to me like a guy who will need to fix his body at all like some of the recent U of M picks we've made or Wallace this year.

He is not by any means a lean 295. He’s not Matt Sheridan, but he has a worse build for an interior lineman than Dobson came here with. he’s a player though. I get why they like him. If he translates his game it’ll be a great pick. 

21 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Bombers grab manu. He ain’t coming. 

He’s far from a sure thing to stick in the nfl  he’s a project that needs a decent bit of polish. He’s less risky than some guys who went earlier imo. 
he’s gonna sit for a year on the pr for sure. But I don’t think he’s 1 year away from making an nfl active roster. Could be here in 2-3 years, and could be a huge impact for us if he does. Great risk vs reward that late. I mean we took the gamble after drafting a long snapper. 

11 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

The long snapper from Laval is going back.

Mike Ike is bound for jets camp too. 

Just now, bluedawg said:

Mike Ike is just a minicamp guy, that means he is not going to be in rookie camp but will be there when main camp opens. He will be on the team this year

Big athletic back with some blocking pedigree could very easily get called up to full camp. 

2 minutes ago, Mike said:

Invitation to mini camp is not training camp 

Their mini camp starts two weeks after our final roster cut down. Means no camp here if he doesn’t get pulled in for tc