2023/2024 CFL (Non Bombers) Off Season News

Noeller

1 minute ago, wbbfan said:

Was really good in college. Physique is straight out of the 90s for linemen. Which isn’t good. But if we can polish his build with SnC it’ll be a nice pick. 

Nah take a look at him on his film tape.  He's 6'3 295 and not fat at all.  He's a nose in this league.  Doesn't look to me like a guy who will need to fix his body at all like some of the recent U of M picks we've made or Wallace this year.

2 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Was really good in college. Physique is straight out of the 90s for linemen. Which isn’t good. But if we can polish his build with SnC it’ll be a nice pick. 

Ok, that makes sense. I mean I'm still wondering who Jake Taylor is but Jim Baker (Um I mean Barker) is on TSN so Taylor must be good.

2 minutes ago, MOBomberFan said:

Ferguson also had Wallace as his top OL pick, I like Ferguson, hope he's right

And hope we don't really need him this year.  But we're thin.  Couple injuries and he's either starting or we're playing 3 Americans.

Jones strategy is to treat 55% of his roster spots with utter contempt.

CFL lists Straker as 5'1 183

2 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

And hope we don't really need him this year.  But we're thin.  Couple injuries and he's either starting or we're playing 3 Americans.

Jones strategy is to treat 55% of his roster spots with utter contempt.

Do you think he'll be a viable option by 2025?

2 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Do you think he'll be a viable option by 2025?

Who knows.  Depends how he develops.  Dobson wasn't great last year in pass pro and he was a far better prospect.  We're hoping for a leap from him this year.

Wallace will have to learn how to use his feet and not just try to lean on guys.  What I've seen of him on YouTube is all very upright, poor technique, rely on strength/size.  Not real good in pass pro at keeping his chest clean...meaning he's not controlling guys with his hands.  But he slows guys down and didn't get bullrushed in the MAC.  Don't think you have much concern about him in run blocking other than pad level, but that has to improve for him across the board.

30 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Could’ve watched a full baseball game in the 90s by now. I can feel my self rot 

That 's what my wife said to me last night ,after the chilli and a couple of beers I had....Could be why she left the room in a hurry???????