2023/2024 CFL (Non Bombers) Off Season News

Noeller

7 hours ago, Mike said:

Last player to test like Herzog at the combine was Johnny Augustine. He went undrafted.

Herzog wasn’t near that bad. 
4.55 40 39” vert 10’ broad 6.94 3cone 4.2 shuttle 

Augustine

4.77 40 30.5” vert  9’2 broad 7.34 3cone 4.4 shuttle 

herzogs numbers are better than some imports we’ve signed this and most years  

Chisari was similar range but a bit better than Augustine’s numbers. Augustine put up 22 reps which would’ve tied hladik for most among backs. 

to put it into perspective herzogs relative athletic score for the nfl is 7.4 out of 10 his scores main weakness is his height and weight. 
 Augustine’s RAS is 1.23. His main weakness is every thing other than the bench press. 
* the ras doesn’t include the split run times for either as It isn’t listed from the cfl. Going off some nfldraft scout times Herzog would go down to a 5.89 out of 10. Those times aren’t super reliable though. And that’s still a ton Better than say grant at under 3. Brady would’ve had a 7.33 with all Poor running numbers. If Brady had run herzogs sprint numbers he would’ve scored almost a 9 and been nfl bound for sure. 

Edited by wbbfan

35 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

https://3downnation.com/2024/03/24/brendan-taman-embraced-haunted-hotel-room-paranormal-assistance-at-cfl-combine/

Taman has gone from the Rolodex of players names on subway napkins to ghosts in the fort Gary hotel helping him scout lol 

Well he does work in Ottawa and they (Rough Riders) have drafted a dead player before so this does make some sense!

You just gotta know that Bethel-Thompson will request that room on his next stay in the Peg...................Fastest growing city in North America in 1913 when rail was king......the days when most of my family worked for the railroad before and after the hey day...  CP/CN were a big employer in the Peg, back in 'the day'

Edited by Stickem

5 hours ago, wbbfan said:

https://3downnation.com/2024/03/24/brendan-taman-embraced-haunted-hotel-room-paranormal-assistance-at-cfl-combine/

Taman has gone from the Rolodex of players names on subway napkins to ghosts in the fort Gary hotel helping him scout lol 

Something tells me Taman and this guy would get along:

9dbc46fa-664b-4014-8624-d4f421563e12.gif

37 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

2 time big sky coach of the year, the best qb coach in the biggest cfl qb pipeline and the best team in that pipeline. 
 I’d say this is the biggest fresh to the cfl coaching addition the league has seen in a long time. 

Yea...I HATE that a division rival got him, but it is nice to see him in the league.

21 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

Yea...I HATE that a division rival got him, but it is nice to see him in the league.

Agree. It’s interesting what that might say about Calgary. No way is he up here to be just an oc medium to long term. 
 How much control will DD give to him as well. 
he kind of gets a bit of a raw deal with maier too. 

1 hour ago, wbbfan said:

Have to agree about the mayor mcheese talent he has to work with....The ol saying goes, you can't make a big mac out of a cheese burger....just ask the clown at rotten ronnie's....Kidding aside, I think Baldwin has his eyes on a bigger prize in Cal. eventually...good addition to the league

1 hour ago, wbbfan said:

Agree. It’s interesting what that might say about Calgary. No way is he up here to be just an oc medium to long term. 

If he can get Maier going then it will be a real feather in his cap.

13 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Unemployment.

Was at Arizona State as OC and head coach took away playcalling.  Left at end of season.

You would think with his resume there would be other opportunities with another college in the US. Hell i believe even a big high school coach in the US makes good coin no? Just seems like a step back ,but maybe there is a promise of HC position like it has been stated here...

20 minutes ago, bb1 said:

You would think with his resume there would be other opportunities with another college in the US. Hell i believe even a big high school coach in the US makes good coin no? Just seems like a step back ,but maybe there is a promise of HC position like it has been stated here...

The guy was an OC at Cal and Arizona State. He head-coached some mid-major programs. Not exactly a big-time resume. Good get for Calgary but not exactly stealing him. 

1 hour ago, JCon said:

The guy was an OC at Cal and Arizona State. He head-coached some mid-major programs. Not exactly a big-time resume. Good get for Calgary but not exactly stealing him. 

Yeah lacks the elite coaching lineage, and is at a low point in his career. Still tremendous get for the stamps and league. 
 Hawaii would’ve been better off with him, by a lot.