2023/2024 CFL (Non Bombers) Off Season News

Noeller

Just now, GCn20 said:

I'm thinking he doesn't want to go out as a cheater and I think the only way the CFLPA will appeal your case is if you are an active player.

Thats a good point. Has a player in any league beaten a gambling rap yet? Doesn't seem like it. 

2 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Thats a good point. Has a player in any league beaten a gambling rap yet? Doesn't seem like it. 

Certainly not Pete Rose...lmao.

2 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

I don't think so, but maybe he had coaching aspirations and unless he beats it he can kiss that goodbye too. Might be a hail mary on his part. Just thinking out loud about why a guy would retire then come back and appeal a suspension that really means nothing to a retired guy.

Edited by GCn20

4 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

Certainly not Pete Rose...lmao.

I don't think so, but maybe he had coaching aspirations and unless he beats it he can kiss that goodbye too. Might be a hail mary on his part. Just thinking out loud about why a guy would retire then come back and appeal a suspension that really means nothing to a retired guy.

haha!

That would make a lot of sense. He might also be gunning for a HOF spot. I think every one else above 100 sacks in their career has made it in. 

59 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

I'm thinking he doesn't want to go out as a cheater and I think the only way the CFLPA will appeal your case is if you are an active player.

Why would the Als even let him in the door? If they want to be competitive they need to upgrade their roster, not rely on short term fixes like old man Lemon.

1 hour ago, Fatty Liver said:

Why would the Als even let him in the door? If they want to be competitive they need to upgrade their roster, not rely on short term fixes like old man Lemon.

I think the reigning champs are going to be competitive 

19 hours ago, Fatty Liver said:

This exactly, why aren't the Als facing and backlash on this? Guys betting on games they are playing in is usually only bad for the team...

19 hours ago, Fatty Liver said:

What the hell does that say about their organization.....no credibility  ...So watching him play and if he's on the Als game day roster, you have to wonder if the fix is in...Just a bullShit call by the cflpa.....

18 minutes ago, Stickem said:

What the hell does that say about their organization.....no credibility  ...So watching him play and if he's on the Als game day roster, you have to wonder if the fix is in...Just a bullShit call by the cflpa.....

How you could have someone around that bet on their OWN games, you just can’t trust someone like that. Tells you exactly what their organization is all about. 

Has anyone else been watching hockey with all the BET365 commercials? I was surprised (/s) by the one I saw last night detailing how you can see the app to restrict your access or to force you to take time away from it, I believe they called it a "holiday"...