Grey Cup - Game Week Thread

Mark H.

36 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Ahhhhh man... I feel the shame. Based on the context of the tweet, I thought they were doing a CFL vs NFL debate. And I'm gonna be honest..... Why in the **** was anyone debating Brady O vs Kevin ******* Brown??? Good gravy. 

He’s got the wheels to take it to the house. Some people will always prefer speed.

2 hours ago, Geebrr said:

at the 1:40 mark - is Brady Olivera dating Sofia Vergara?  Nice work my friend!!

15 minutes ago, Wideleft said:

6:53 left in the 3rd quarter in 2021 for me.

at least no awkward 3rd quarter musician interviews in the broadcast booth in that one....

Edited by kelownabomberfan

7 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

at the 1:40 mark - is Brady Olivera dating Sofia Vergara?  Nice work my friend!!

at least no awkward 3rd quarter musician interviews in the broadcast booth in that one....

Didn't they have the Arkells guy in the booth during that game?? Pretty sure they did.

4 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Didn't they have the Arkells guy in the booth during that game?? Pretty sure they did.

To be fair I was pretty gone by that point....though I've watched that game numerous times since, but not nearly as much as the 2019 game....I hope Suitor didn't make the poor guy call a play....that still to this day is one of the dumbest moves in a broadcast ever...ask an Australian who has never watched a CFL game in his life to call a play.  It's like asking Justin Bieber to do play by play at an Aussie-rules AFL game.  Just so dumb as Shoresy would say.

4 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Just came on, but he's a CFL fan and was pretty good.  

And Suitor wasn't in love with him, so he kept pretty quiet.

Kind of wondering how badly a Green Day in the booth invite might turn out.

And not in a bad way.

1 minute ago, kelownabomberfan said:

To be fair I was pretty gone by that point....though I've watched that game numerous times since, but not nearly as much as the 2019 game....I hope Suitor didn't make the poor guy call a play....that still to this day is one of the dumbest moves in a broadcast ever...ask an Australian who has never watched a CFL game in his life to call a play.  It's like asking Justin Bieber to do play by play at an Aussie-rules AFL game.  Just so dumb as Shoresy would say.

I know that Cuthbert hated it but had no choice. I don't know who thinks it's a good idea to do those, because nobody likes it. The singer doesn't want to be there, the hosts don't want them there, the audience doesn't want anything other than the game.... It's just idiotic. They would never do that in the NFL or any other pro sports league during a championship game. So incredibly dumb.

1 minute ago, Wideleft said:

Just came on, but he's a CFL fan and was pretty good.  

And Suitor wasn't in love with him, so he kept pretty quiet.

yeah Suits was sweating through his panty shields with Keith Urban in the booth.  I get it, Urban is a massive star but man that was sad.

11 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

yeah Suits was sweating through his panty shields with Keith Urban in the booth.  I get it, Urban is a massive star but man that was sad.

Well, and Suitors kid was at the time an aspiring country artist living in Nashville, so Suitor I'm sure was trying to slip him a demo of some sort.... 

I think the Bombers just might win this one (the 2021 repeat broadcast).

Again - I've been pre-gaming since last night.

Just now, Noeller said:

Well, and Suitors kid was at the time an aspiring country artist living in Nashville, so Suitor I'm sure was trying to slip him a demo of some sort.... 

Ick.  Was he any good?  Such a tough slog.  Know a few people in Nashville through a Music Camp that are toughing it out.

Wow - what a life I've lead...

This thread is so derailed...

8 minutes ago, Wideleft said:

This thread is so derailed...

It's all good.  I'm deep into the CR, watching the 1984 Grey Cup, then going to watch some F1 in Vegas.  Tomorrow I want to watch the Bombers give the Alouettes an old fashioned arse kicking.  I remember back in the 80's when the Al's came to town with Vince Ferragamo et al and the Bombers just pounded them.  I want that level of poundage once again.  Cody Fajardo is a third-string bum.  And tomorrow he's going to prove it.

EDIT - I always forget in 1984 that we were down 14-0 when John Hufnagel came in for Clements, and the whole game changed.  We never looked back after Huffer came in and calmed everyone down.