1st Round Of Playoffs: Division Semi-Finals Week

Noeller

25 minutes ago, Booch said:

this yr was quite the anomaly....some real...REAL bad teams...especially early in the yr, and some real good teams, pulled a deuce and lost too some crap piles where there no way they should have for whatever reason...This is why I thin the playoff's...may have an upset...or 2

If teams had the benefit of a lot of games early vs. Hamilton and Ottawa those were free spots on the bingo card really. Hamilton didn't even have an OL to start the season.

Just now, GCn20 said:

If teams had the benefit of a lot of games early vs. Hamilton and Ottawa those were free spots on the bingo card really. Hamilton didn't even have an OL to start the season.

Yeah those early Ham games were a disaster...I thought for sure Orlando was gonna get canned

21 hours ago, bluto said:

I would never say that it is a given. King of the glass-half-empty pessimists that I am.

Only that on the day that either of Montreal or Hamilton show up to BMO with their best team playing their best game, the Argos are still solid favorites and rightly so.

You are a credit to your and all cfl fan bases though. 
 I’ll also say I’m not sure in tor being favoured. Not talking betting lines or any thing straight up winning.  I feel like Toronto has had their foot off the gas soo long and has relatively few games and adverse moments shared with their core players. This Argos team reminds me of a less star studded 01 bombers. Coasted way too hard into the play offs and during.

it will be a great indicator of how effective dw is at coaching discipline and preparation. If he has those guys amped up playing hard and smart in the ef/grey cup he will be a staple of grey cups for a long time to come. 

19 hours ago, WinnipegGordo said:

STAMPS, LIONS INJURY REPORTS: BEGELTON, MIZZELL FULL PARTICIPANTS ON TUES.

The Stamps began their week without defensive lineman Terrell McClain (ankle) and defensive back Brad Muhammad (hand). Defensive back Branden Dozier (calf) was limited. The Stamps’ healthy scratches from their regular season finale were all full participants on Tuesday.

In Vancouver, the Lions were without defensive back Jalon Edwards-Cooper (shoulder) and running back Kienan Lafrance (triceps). Running back Taquan Mizzell (ribs) was a full participant on Tuesday.

https://www.cfl.ca/2023/10/31/stamps-lions-injury-reports-begelton-mizzell-full-participants-on-tues/

TICATS, ALS INJURY REPORTS: JULIEN GRANT SITS OUT ON TUESDAY

Three players sat out for the Ticats on Tuesday, including receiver Tyler Ternowski (shoulder), defensive back Nic Cross (knee) and defensive lineman Jonathan Kongbo (head).

In Montreal, the Alouettes opened their week of practice without five players, including wide receiver Kaion Julien-Grant (shoulder) and offensive lineman Pier-Olivier Lestage (knee).

https://www.cfl.ca/2023/10/31/ticats-als-injury-reports-julien-grant-sits-out-on-tuesday/

I had no idea Lefrance was still in the league...

10 hours ago, Brandon said:

If (when) they meet up in the finals it will be a 50/50 game that will come down to who can make the big plays and who can win the turn over battle.   Like F last year we have a kicker and Prukop not tossing a lame duck that game more then likely ends differently.   It usually comes down to a few plays

I don't love to rehash these memories... but to me there were 5 major moments where if any ONE of those were reversed, the Bombers would've won:

1. Leigghio missed kick
2. Prukop 4th quarter INT
3. Collaros 4th quarter INT
4. not stopping the Argos on 2nd and 20
5. Jeffcoat injury (I'm convinced this would have subsequently also reversed #4)

19 minutes ago, bearpants said:

don't love to rehash these memories... but to me there were 5 major moments where if any ONE of those were reversed, the Bombers would've won:

1. Leigghio missed kick
2. Prukop 4th quarter INT
3. Collaros 4th quarter INT
4. not stopping the Argos on 2nd and 20
5. Jeffcoat injury (I'm convinced this would have subsequently also reversed #4)

See there were even more smaller ones that I think were as big. Zach over gunning Oliveira on the first series or elingson dropping a pass on one of the first 2 series... those cost us first downs and derailed everything.

2 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

See there were even more smaller ones that I think were as big. Zach over gunning Oliveira on the first series or elingson dropping a pass on one of the first 2 series... those cost us first downs and derailed everything.

man...totally forgot Ellingson was even here

11 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

After being completely dominant all season long we just flat out laid an egg in the biggest game. It happens...just very poor timing. The Argos, to their credit, came to play but let's call a spade a spade the Bombers made a crap load of unforced errors in that game.

Just now, GCn20 said:

After being completely dominant all season long we just flat out laid an egg in the biggest game. It happens...just very poor timing. The Argos, to their credit, came to play but let's call a spade a spade the Bombers made a crap load of unforced errors in that game.

was definitely one of the most frustrating games to watch in yrs....no arguing that...and playoffs is always about timing and momentum.....we gaffed the timing bigtime ....

Just now, Booch said:

was definitely one of the most frustrating games to watch in yrs....no arguing that...and playoffs is always about timing and momentum.....we gaffed the timing bigtime ....

For sure. I mean Collaros played below average. Not his fault...but facts are facts.

Just now, GCn20 said:

For sure. I mean Collaros played below average. Not his fault...but facts are facts.

he flat out sucked....but I think cause he tried forcing things because everyone in the room knew he was limited....and it had ripple effect

I think if we rolled with Brown mid 3rd quarter and on, and just played less tight knowing he was healthy, and also not schemed for, we walk away with it.

ZC should never really have been playing...at least not finish, that...and coaching blunder to not make the switch cost us

3 minutes ago, Booch said:

he flat out sucked....but I think cause he tried forcing things because everyone in the room knew he was limited....and it had ripple effect

I think if we rolled with Brown mid 3rd quarter and on, and just played less tight knowing he was healthy, and also not schemed for, we walk away with it.

ZC should never really have been playing...at least not finish, that...and coaching blunder to not make the switch cost us

In all fairness, Brown didn't exactly inspire last season. Knowing what we know now about him it certainly was a mistake but not one that was easily apparent last year.