Bombers at Ticats early chat

WinnipegGordo

6 minutes ago, Booch said:

likes the story I guess and we know Osh likes military stuff ..so prob the reason right there as he is nothing special at all in any role and at 32 next yr ..not worthy of a project

I suspect it's as simple as seeing him as a versatile piece because technically he can line up in multiple spots so good value for a DI.... except he sucks so it's not really. Not like wasting a roster spot on someone useless is a new thing for our coaching staff either. Just a flaw we have to accept since all the other good things brought outweigh it for now. 

13 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

I suspect it's as simple as seeing him as a versatile piece because technically he can line up in multiple spots so good value for a DI.... except he sucks so it's not really. Not like wasting a roster spot on someone useless is a new thing for our coaching staff either. Just a flaw we have to accept since all the other good things brought outweigh it for now. 

Yeah pretty much this...our warts have been less noticeable and concerning because we been winning . And our starters across the board can cover it ..but that's also at some point gonna be a serious issue ..you gotta be good to be lucky ..and we are that in several areas/instances

12 hours ago, Goalie said:

Not mad. Just think it's a joke. Osh is trolling. Essentially Thomas schmekl and Bennett = crap so we basically once again relying on 4 guys on the DL for 95 percent of the game 

I went to an exhibition game with my kid and saw the name and someone in the section said it and she thought it was a funny name, it is and has different meaning in Jewish/Hebrew. I told her don't worry he won't be here very long cuz he was awful and here we are week 15 and still around. Mind boggling. Was seriously the worst player I ever saw play live. I was certain instant cut

But this week 1 time we will likely see Haba Thomas Schmekl Bennett. That's bad 

I knew the seal would make it when I hears his story, schmekl tho... dude is awful 

Nah, Schmeckel may be bad but he's not the worst all time. The two worst players over the past 60 years I ever saw play were two qbs... John Schneider & Jason Boltus. They were damned awful. 

19 hours ago, Pepper_Brooks said:

Constantly belly aching every week about injury designations and feeling personally disrespected by O'Shea's curt approach can become quite tiring. My suggestion, my friend, is to give positivity a chance and see how it can improve your day.

You have no idea what you're talking about. Your comments are just so clueless. I don't feel disrespected by O'Shea. Why would I feel  disrespected? And, if you're so new here then why would my talking about injuries not being disclosed bother you when it shouldn't. Unless, as I suspected you ain't who you say you are & changed your name.

So then, now that the doves of peace are in the air between us & the butterflies are flying free, practice what you preach & don't mock me in a negative way if you believe so much in positivity. Quit trying to be the one who spreads humour & good cheer on this board when no one else asked for it or cares. Your self aggrandizing attitude makes you look foolish & narcissistic. I had a good friend online on many CFL chat sites like this who was murdered over a decade ago. His name was Reg. Some people here knew him as well. He would have had a saying for you that would be quite accurate, "Quit lecturin'... "

Edited by SpeedFlex27

9 hours ago, BigBlue said:

So Booch you obviously don't think Jackson is a Martey McSorley guarding Wayne Gretsky ... you think that whatever character/leadership ability he has  is completely negated by a tiny lack of football skill and experience

You have obviously thought about this personnel decision an amazing amount ... what do you imagine is behind MOS's reasoning and gut hunch? We know O'sShea is the opposite of incompetent... can you speculate on MOS's whys and wherefores?

Football doesn’t have enforcers. Why would you when you have ol lol. 
 Leadership? He’s a rookie who’s barely ever played any football in the locker room of a team that is player led and been to 3gcs in a row. He isn’t leading in our locker room. And it’s not a small lack of experience. He made 11 tackles in 20 games with Nebraska. Then he played 13 games and made 27 tackles in Buffalo. That’s it. 33 games 9 starts 38 tackles. That is every football game he ever played coming into the bombers. No high school or lower at all. Tonight Stanley Bryant is playing his 200th cfl game. 
 Big Stan started 3 years on the ol in high school at Goldsboro, that’s 39 starts/games. He then played 10 games at Elizabeth city state in one year. Then he went to east Carolina and played 1 year 13 games 8 starts. 

That’s 62 games and 57 starts before coming to the cfl. That, is an extremely fast low years of play to go pro with. That also doesn’t include the sub hs experience. But Big Stan was soo good he just showed up and dominated every level. 
 Schoen played 45 games in hs finishing his last 2 years at bvnw he missed a good part of his junior year with a broken collar bone (he lettered 6 times in 3 sports earning a black letter on top of that, with a 4.0 gpa and a bunch of charity work, is roadhouse even human?)  Then he played 35 at k state. That’s 90 games nearly all starts. 

Jackson is the greenest football player in the league by a mile. 

why do we roster him? Mos loves his favorites and thinks intangibles will over come a lack of pro athleticism, experience, football iq, and skill. He gets stuck on guys like this every year. 
It’s one thing if you keep one as a ni depth teams guy. It’s another all together if you burn a da or starting spot on a guy. 

Edited by wbbfan

4 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

You have no idea what you're talking about. Your comments are just so clueless. I don't feel disrespected by O'Shea. Why would I feel  disrespected? And, if you're so new here then why would my talking about injuries not being disclosed bother you when it shouldn't. Unless, as I suspected you ain't who you say you are & changed your name.

So then, now that the doves of peace are in the air between us & the butterflies are flying free, practice what you preach & don't mock me in a negative way if you believe so much in positivity. Quit trying to be the one who spreads humour & good cheer on this board when no one else asked for it or cares. Your self aggrandizing attitude makes you look foolish & narcissistic. I had a good friend online on many CFL chat sites like this who was murdered over a decade ago. His name was Reg. Some people here knew him as well. He would have had a saying for you that would be quite accurate, "Quit lecturin'... "

It seems like you could use some rest. I hope your Saturday brings you better luck, capped with another Winnipeg victory to brighten your day.

2 hours ago, wbbfan said:

Football doesn’t have enforcers. Why would you when you have ol lol. 
 Leadership? He’s a rookie who’s barely ever played any football in the locker room of a team that is player led and been to 3gcs in a row. He isn’t leading in our locker room. And it’s not a small lack of experience. He made 11 tackles in 20 games with Nebraska. Then he played 13 games and made 27 tackles in Buffalo. That’s it. 33 games 9 starts 38 tackles. That is every football game he ever played coming into the bombers. No high school or lower at all. Tonight Stanley Bryant is playing his 200th cfl game. 
 Big Stan started 3 years on the ol in high school at Goldsboro, that’s 39 starts/games. He then played 10 games at Elizabeth city state in one year. Then he went to east Carolina and played 1 year 13 games 8 starts. 

That’s 62 games and 57 starts before coming to the cfl. That, is an extremely fast low years of play to go pro with. That also doesn’t include the sub hs experience. But Big Stan was soo good he just showed up and dominated every level. 
 Schoen played 45 games in hs finishing his last 2 years at bvnw he missed a good part of his junior year with a broken collar bone (he lettered 6 times in 3 sports earning a black letter on top of that, with a 4.0 gpa and a bunch of charity work, is roadhouse even human?)  Then he played 35 at k state. That’s 90 games nearly all starts. 

Jackson is the greenest football player in the league by a mile. 

why do we roster him? Mos loves his favorites and thinks intangibles will over come a lack of pro athleticism, experience, football iq, and skill. He gets stuck on guys like this every year. 
It’s one thing if you keep one as a ni depth teams guy. It’s another all together if you burn a da or starting spot on a guy. 

Couldn't agree more..if anyone doesn't view it as nothing more than a cool heart warming story, but also a really bad short sighted roster issue then not sure what they watching.

A multitude of National players on our roster could fill that role...heck we played games with no FB on roster and lined Gray up there and did just fine....an actual guy who's job is..and grew up playing moving bodies and clearing a path for a RB

My concern with this year's bombers... is they fall asleep for long periods of time. Show flashes of greatness but more often than not play down to the opponent 

I conceed this year's team is the weakest we've seen in recent years.

It's not to say we can't still win the big one, but it does leave me a feeling of uneasyness. 

6 hours ago, Goalie said:

My concern is Collaros. He's looked real off at times, like rookie mistakes often. 3 picks today  happy feet... I dunno, the o averages 42.5 points a game, we put up 23 and lost... makes sense 

He just isn't the same QB anymore. I'm really concerned his spongy brain is catching up with him. Some absolutely atrocious and unforgivable decisions.

3 hours ago, Mark H. said:

When ZC first started playing for this team, he hardly ever got hit. This year, he is getting hit regularly. With the exception of a hand full of games, the pass pro is not as good as it once was.  IMO we're no longer getting what Andrew Harris used to provide, in that area of the game.  

Agree on Collaros- no QB likes getting hit and his previous concussions nearly eanded his career and potentially limited his life, so he may be a bit gunshy now. His protection is not as good as it was, and that falls onto the coaches' decisons about who to put on the O-line. You have a possible valid point on Harris vs Oliveira. Harris at his best was a force but Oliveira has been very good and may not have hit his ceiling. It seem to me that Harris was a better receiver, but any running back is only as good as his O-line and that has to get fixed- STAT!

1 hour ago, Mark H. said:

I am not knocking BO at all. We acquired the services of AH when was a seasoned vet, who knew all the ins and outs of being the safety valve for the QB & also picking up free rushers / shoring up the blocking schemes. Add Desjarlais on the left side with Bryant and they had pass pro that was beyond next level.

BO has been fine in pass protection...thats not an issue....to me it's more scheme and flip flopping what we are as a unit....so no doubt there is confusion and simple errors....and also....Kolo is not the best option , and a simple switch to Eli would inject a lot to the oline production...Dude is freaky athletic for a big dude...mean, and just moves men...Kolo doesnt....he's an adequate back up.....and again....where would he start in the league if not here?...dump Eli and he's be in a lineup day 1...

Harris was a nice safety valve when we had Nichols...look at his stats when ZC took over...they went down in that regard by 75%....we as an offence didn't utilize that..It's not that BO couldn't replicate it...I bet he could and more if we chose to....but we don't...so he won't

4 minutes ago, Mark H. said:

Bottom line: ZC needs the kind of pass pro they had when he first arrived in Winnipeg.

This. We aren't getting the performance on the OL we used to. Age & losing talent to other teams has really hurt our line. While not happy with his picks, Collaros did take some high risk, high reward throws that in other games he would have completed. The Defense worries me more than the offense. It's not good enough anymore & getting worse evrery year now. Our absolute refusal to address our DL issues has really hurt this team.

33 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

This. We aren't getting the performance on the OL we used to. Age & losing talent to other teams has really hurt our line. While not happy with his picks, Collaros did take some high risk, high reward throws that in other games he would have completed. The Defense worries me more than the offense. It's not good enough anymore & getting worse evrery year now. Our absolute refusal to address our DL issues has really hurt this team.

I not concerned with offence...it's the defensive depth...or lack there of...and some questionable starters and roster decisions.

29 minutes ago, Mark H. said:

Why not? QB is getting more hits and it's affecting his performance.

Cause we have the depth and personel there to overcome things....scheme is hurting us more than anything...Hits happen....and I sure ZC will suck it up ..if he doesn't we still save for one game score enough we should win...with a RB like BO and a receiver group such as ours...they gonna produce more than not....can't say same about the defence 

31 minutes ago, Mark H. said:

Why not? QB is getting more hits and it's affecting his performance.

I think it's unrwealistic to think that Zach won't get hit. He will. Booch's point is that there are structural deficiencies in our defense. Lack of a pass rush giving Powell virtually all day to throw which affected our secondary. 

1 hour ago, Mark H. said:

Bottom line: ZC needs the kind of pass pro they had when he first arrived in Winnipeg.

Not sure how much better the protection was at that time as it was LaPo's ball control offence that kept Nichols clean, in fact he played numerous games when he was not hit, even after the ball was released.  Difference is Nichols was aware he was fragile and got rid of the ball quickly, found Harris or happily threw it out of bounds if he had no targets.  He rarely gambled on his receivers winning jump balls as he was allergic to turnovers and the receiving group as a whole were not as talented as the one Zach has now.  Add in Andrew Harris as a constant factor the D-line had to pay close attention to, either running up the gut or sneaking out of the backfield for a 5 yd. pass.

Zach probably didn't like that offence as it wasn't built around his penchant for buying time, scrambling and taking bigger shots, so over the years Buck's playbook has morphed to match his wishes.  Problem is some games it just doesn't work well and they no longer have a different philosophy to fall back on, other than having Brady plow a road upfield every second down .

31 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

Not sure how much better the protection was at that time as it was LaPo's ball control offence that kept Nichols clean, in fact he played numerous games when he was not hit, even after the ball was released.  Difference is Nichols was aware he was fragile and got rid of the ball quickly, found Harris or happily threw it out of bounds if he had no targets.  He rarely gambled on his receivers winning jump balls as he was allergic to turnovers and the receiving group as a whole were not as talented as the one Zach has now.  Add in Andrew Harris as a constant factor the D-line had to pay close attention to, either running up the gut or sneaking out of the backfield for a 5 yd. pass.

Zach probably didn't like that offence as it wasn't built around his penchant for buying time, scrambling and taking bigger shots, so over the years Buck's playbook has morphed to match his wishes.  Problem is some games it just doesn't work well and they no longer have a different philosophy to fall back on, other than having Brady plow a road upfield every second down .

Our OL in 2018, 19 & 21 were in their prime. We still had Couture & Desjarlais & that OL imposed their will on opposing DL's. They were physical, mean & nasty. We still would be if we had Desjarlais & Couture. Those 2 are gone which is a real shame & that unit is older & on the downside now. That great OL was a huge advantage for us back then.

All successful OC's build a playbook to match the personnel they have. A dink & dunk horizontal passing attack, extension of the run game, spread the ball all over the field, need 7 yards but throw for 4, twenty seven play drives just doesn't work with the qb we have now. It barely worked with the team we had then with a physically damaged Matt Nichols. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

14 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Our OL in 2018, 19 & 21 were in their prime. We still had Couture & Desjarlais & that OL imposed their will on opposing DL's. They were physical, mean & nasty. We still would be if we had Desjarlais & Couture. Those 2 are gone which is a real shame & that unit is older & on the downside now. That great OL was a huge advantage for us back then.

All successful OC's build a playbook to match the personnel they have. A dink & dunk horizontal passing attack, extension of the run game, spread the ball all over the field, need 7 yards but throw for 4, twenty seven play drives just doesn't work with the qb we have now. It barely worked with the team we had then with a physically damaged Matt Nichols. 

Eli and Dobson would bring the mean and nasty back...Neuf is a guy who gets maligned by posters here but he brings attitude..grit and meanness too...he needs a couple guys riding shut gun with him...and that would make the world of difference...Gray is the perfect 6th guy...can play all the spots..is athletic and can...as he was already set up in the full back spot that Jackson is doing...he's solid but not mean and nasty...he is an irritant to defenders definitely...but not an ass kicker like Eli and Dobson would be...that why he be the perfect guy coming in as the TE..and getting into second level aggravating the crap out of guys...u see it in games as is....that would fix all that ails the oline and us domination of the l.o.s game in and game out..