3 stars plus hh ugly win

wbbfan

1 minute ago, Yourface said:

1. Brady & Sergio

2. Paredes for missing TWO field goals

3. Hakunavanhu for dropping the easiest ball of all-time on what should have been a sure touchdown

HH Houston for the pick-six 

That was extremely bad,  he had no guys near him and the ball was right between the numbers.    

13 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

As @JuranBoldenRules mentioned during the game, BO playing Mike Pringle punishing style football is enjoyable to watch. Harris who? (Of course kidding)

Agreed, and he just getting better...and better.

Right call was made last yr in prioritizing getting BO inked first, and other key pieces, and then see what was left for Harris, with that caveat that he needed to prove he was healthy and where his conditioning was....he balked, but we are way better off than if we hung on too long

I know I mentioned it before, but in the 2nd half there was one run where judge tried to tackle Oliveira and gets up slowly holding his shoulder... that's one of your linebackers who didn't want any part of stepping in and stopping the running back. It's just so fun to watch him get past the first level and just hit guys 

18 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

HH: Calgary finally a place we come in and win, even ugly games. For so many years McMahon was a graveyard. Now we are winning the ugly ones.

Fitting that it's an ugly win in an ugly mud puddle of a stadium...

1. Castillo - in a one point win, if the other guy misses 2 and your guy hits them all, he deserves recognition

2. Willie J - knockdowns from the line killed drive after drive

3. Holm - the waif just keeps getting it done. Knockdowns from the back end, covering for others, sure and solid tackling, and enough physicality to draw a bogus roughing penalty. Not bad for a teenage girl, eh?

H.H. - Kolankowski and Hardrick - when we needed a clock killing first down from our own 15 yard line on the last 90 seconds, Brady was going to be stuffed, but Kolankowski drove his man back with Brady riding his hip, and Hardrick pushed the pile from behind to get us a 4.5 yard gain out of nothing to salt the game away. Pure grit and will from the o-line to seal the deal.

Edited by TrueBlue4ever

On 2023-08-19 at 3:54 PM, 17to85 said:

I know I mentioned it before, but in the 2nd half there was one run where judge tried to tackle Oliveira and gets up slowly holding his shoulder... that's one of your linebackers who didn't want any part of stepping in and stopping the running back. It's just so fun to watch him get past the first level and just hit guys 

I will say the TSN camera man and director did a better job staying on the shot of Judge wincing as he got up than Buck did staying with the idea of hammering on that Defense when they were ripe. I was yelling at the TV that they didn’t immediately go back after Judge again.