Friday Night from La Belle Province Takes on The Gap

rebusrankin

I had to drive while the game was on and I had the immense pleasure of listening to the Riders broadcast of the game. A lot of screaming, a lot of yelling, a lot of complaining about penalties against the Riders. During the post game they suggested that of the riders lay an egg at home against BC next week, then there will be changes made during the bye week following, prior to the LDC. 

It was quite the fiasco and I had a lot of Bombers fan reveling to do as I drove ...

15 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I had to drive while the game was on and I had the immense pleasure of listening to the Riders broadcast of the game. A lot of screaming, a lot of yelling, a lot of complaining about penalties against the Riders. During the post game they suggested that of the riders lay an egg at home against BC next week, then there will be changes made during the bye week following, prior to the LDC. 

It was quite the fiasco and I had a lot of Bombers fan reveling to do as I drove ...

Same boat - except just the post game. The Bombers are brought up regularly. 

4 minutes ago, greenrider55 said:

Was Mike Kelly ever as bad as Dickenson? I feel like Dickenson might be the worst coach in the last decade.

Yes. Mike Kelly was as bad...maybe worse. Worst HC of the last 10 years...hands down...that NFL guy with glasses Montreal had. Just awful. Didn't know the CFL game at all.

Mike Sherman I think

Edited by GCn20

Couple observations....Evans def has lots to learn...still...luckily he was playing against the sad sacks...The Faj is no hell but they have best chance with him in

Sask coaching...just plain ...sad? That offence is so pop gun and the O.C so out of his league it's become beyond laughable now...nothing beyond line of scrimmage for a pass is guaranteed...doesn't help when u have no QB depth and yes that included Harris..basically they settled for him as it was only option.

That oline is worse than ever...pretty substandard talent wise for one (hi O'Day) and their oline coach has to be useless ..they can't pick up stunts..twists ..switches... nothing...just lost on majority of plays

Morrow as well...not a true mail carrying back...too many huge losses runs...not best hands...just not an everydown guy...again coaching there has yet to realize Hickson should be their 12 to 15 touch at minimum guy...Weinike should have been sent packing with Walker...2 other guys they settled for cause nobody wanted to sign there and go with new blood..did Weinike even play? ..mind u when u try to force feed 90 percent of your throws to one guy I guess u don't notice others

Even the defence..holes and thin...Dalke is horrible .. especially in space...I think he got benched again...unless he has a guy to target wth a questionable hit when he defenseless or being held up by someone else he's useless ..money should have been spent on someone other than Micah Johnson...unless play is right at him he is gassed and has zero pursuit ability now ..spend money or time building a new core..Johnson wasnt a long term answer..why even go there...list could go on really...people there whine about injuries but it's about depth or lack there of...and quality guys...falls again back to coaching and management...likely the bottom of the barrel in the league...and translated on the field....sure is fun to watch tho...and shots of Craig D on sidelines looking clueless...confused and with no answer is good TV

8 hours ago, GCn20 said:

Yes. Mike Kelly was as bad...maybe worse. Worst HC of the last 10 years...hands down...that NFL guy with glasses Montreal had. Just awful. Didn't know the CFL game at all.

Mike Sherman I think

Mike Kelly would have been ok if he stuck to coaching. It was bring gm, hc and oc that was the problem.  Lots of head coaches in bomber history worse than Kelly.

9 hours ago, greenrider55 said:

Was Mike Kelly ever as bad as Dickenson? I feel like Dickenson might be the worst coach in the last decade.

Mike Kelly was worse.  Dickenson at least has a couple playoff wins. Fwiw Tim Burke was worse than any of them. 

Re: Kelly..In 2009, Bombers had 4-5 players on D that kept them from being a 0 win team. 

Edited by JohnnyAbonny

9 hours ago, GCn20 said:

Mike Sherman I think

Unfortunately for us we may have had the worst coach of all time....Jeff R.....trying to think of a worst one....😑

Riders are a joke........coach is abysmal....the gm is clueless, why they didn't part ways with these losers in the offseason has to be a wonderment of great proportions for the watermelon heads....They're now going to reap the whirlwind they sowed, and as far as I'm concerned, their fans should have no time for weak kneed decision makers...They're getting what they deserve and belated changes at the top have to be made or empty stands could get worse

31 minutes ago, Stickem said:

Riders are a joke........coach is abysmal....the gm is clueless, why they didn't part ways with these losers in the offseason has to be a wonderment of great proportions for the watermelon heads....They're now going to reap the whirlwind they sowed, and as far as I'm concerned, their fans should have no time for weak kneed decision makers...They're getting what they deserve and belated changes at the top have to be made or empty stands could get worse

We all questioned it. O’Day maybe I could tolerate one more season with, but it was extremely evident last season that ol’ Dicklesson had lost the room. I spoke to the significant other of a veteran player and he said no one cares to play for him, there’s zero motivation, no one is afraid to lose their spot, etc.

24 minutes ago, greenrider55 said:

Dicklesson had lost the room

He's   top level at  clapping for the players leaving the field after the riders allow a td, or throw an interception, or fumble, etc.

Edited by Mark F

re: Worst Coach...  

the difference between Craigy **** and Kelly is Dickie has a bit of humility. Kelly had zero. Kelly was more like Jones in that he believes he's the smartest guy in every room and nobody can tell him anything. As Dave said, Kelly wore too many hats (as Jones is now) and if he just stuck to one thing, it might not have been that bad. Same as Jones, where, if he was JUST a DC.... he might still have some value. 

The Rider org is back to it's sad sack natural state. 

Long gone are the days of them going on and on about how amazing the fan base is, how they hold up the entire league, 

Remember that piece Peterson did about how they would be a juggernaut? 

I really hope odaysie and his band of coaches stick around. 

1 hour ago, Mark H. said:

Kelly was clueless about one crucial thing:

Listening to other people who know about football

That, to me, is the main thing that makes O'Shea a great coach

This could be a 1000 word essay - but I'll leave it at 0.02

Osh listens? To who?

1 hour ago, Dodge and Burn said:

The Rider org is back to it's sad sack natural state. 

Long gone are the days of them going on and on about how amazing the fan base is, how they hold up the entire league, 

Remember that piece Peterson did about how they would be a juggernaut? 

I really hope odaysie and his band of coaches stick around. 

The riders are EXACTLY who we all thought they were going to be under CD when he was named HC because nobody else would take the job and Jones left them hanging late in the offseason. The first season under CD was a total fluke... This is exactly who we knew they would be.

3 hours ago, Noeller said:

re: Worst Coach...  

the difference between Craigy **** and Kelly is Dickie has a bit of humility. Kelly had zero. Kelly was more like Jones in that he believes he's the smartest guy in every room and nobody can tell him anything. As Dave said, Kelly wore too many hats (as Jones is now) and if he just stuck to one thing, it might not have been that bad. Same as Jones, where, if he was JUST a DC.... he might still have some value. 

What rubbed me the worst with MK was his us against the world approach and would lump us fans into the world not the us. I hated that.

36 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Fine is out 2-3 weeks according to RF.Com. They're in tough as Dolegala looks awful.

Migs saying they will win 2 out of the next 3. Too delusional that guy. They will be lucky if they are within 2 tds in any of those games. Maybe...average 12-14 pts a game and their defence will do well if they can hold BC or us to 25 pts.

Edited by GCn20