Friday Night from La Belle Province Takes on The Gap

rebusrankin

19 hours ago, greenrider55 said:

The Riders are just so far away. It starts with Dickenson/Jeffrey being inept at their jobs, and it trickles down. Combine it with the overall lack of talent, and you’ve got a perfect recipe for disaster.

It starts with the CFL Admin Cap, then Rider Team president Craig Reynolds, then GM Jeremy O'Day, then HC Craig Dickenson then OC Kelly Jeffrey & finally some really shitty qbs.

6 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Mike Kelly would have been ok if he stuck to coaching. It was bring gm, hc and oc that was the problem.  Lots of head coaches in bomber history worse than Kelly.

Some guys can't handle the load & the pressure. He had too many hats. I'm sure Mike looks backas Bomber HC, has a lot of regrets & wishes he would have handled things differently. Just like Dieter Brock in his book saying he now regrets being a holdout for Cal Murphy in 83 demanding a trade so he could get out of his CFL contract to go to Hamilton. Then eventually the LA Rams. It was a huge mistake. He wished he would have stayed in Winnipeg. Enough time passes to reflect upon things can change one's perspective. That's why I cut those guys a lot of slack. We can't change the past but only learn from it.

1 hour ago, rebusrankin said:

Fine is out 2-3 weeks according to RF.Com. They're in tough as Dolegala looks awful.

Dickie told the media after the game that Fine would be out 2 to 3 weeks with a hamstring pull. 

O'Shea on the other hand would never speculate on the length of an injury and when probed he just said Zach suffered an upper body injury.

I'm OK with O'Shea's approach. Does Dickie really know Fine will only be out 2-3 weeks? And knowing how long Zach would be out for doesn't affect my day to day life. 

11 minutes ago, WinnipegGordo said:

Dickie told the media after the game that Fine would be out 2 to 3 weeks with a hamstring pull. 

O'Shea on the other hand would never speculate on the length of an injury and when probed he just said Zach suffered an upper body injury.

I'm OK with O'Shea's approach. Does Dickie really know Fine will only be out 2-3 weeks? And knowing how long Zach would be out for doesn't affect my day to day life. 

I do. Fans who put money down for season tickets deserve to know how long he'll be gone. Fans are into betting & the league wants to have extra revenues from gambling. So, O'Shea & Walters need to be transparent. On the second day of training camp in Cincinnatti, Joe Burrow went down with an injury. He was untouched. The team put out a news release stating he suffered a severely strained calf muscle that will keep him out  8-10 weeks. They didn't just say lower body injury. They were very specific. Bengals fans knew the extent of the injury as did anyone wagering on the Bengals odds on winning the Super Bowl. The CFL & teams have to get modern here if they hope to be taken seriously which seems to be a problem for the league in general. Good on Dickenson for not trying to hide Fine's injury. These are pro athletes & as such are in the public eye. Unless it was serious illness then info shouldn't be held back. If a player has a concussion or a knee injury requiring surgery then letting the public know won't affect their day either.

13 minutes ago, WinnipegGordo said:

I have season tix. Not knowing today how long Zach will be out for doesn't make a difference. 

For the betters out there we will know on Monday if he is placed on the one game or 6 game injured list.

Ya as usual I agree with you Gord. None of our business what Zach's injury situation is. Keeping that stuff in house is what the players love most about Osh and this regime. They'll announce the bare minimum on Monday just to satisfy the gambling end of it but it'll be very little in terms of info.

2 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Ya as usual I agree with you Gord. None of our business what Zach's injury situation is. Keeping that stuff in house is what the players love most about Osh and this regime. They'll announce the bare minimum on Monday just to satisfy the gambling end of it but it'll be very little in terms of info.

I just hope it’s not an injury that adds to the long term effects he’ll have playing football for so long.

Gamblers can go F themselves if hitting the jackpot is all they are worried about. There’s my testy comment for the day.

8 hours ago, greenrider55 said:

We all questioned it. O’Day maybe I could tolerate one more season with, but it was extremely evident last season that ol’ Dicklesson had lost the room. I spoke to the significant other of a veteran player and he said no one cares to play for him, there’s zero motivation, no one is afraid to lose their spot, etc.

How can you tho ..how many yrs has he had to fix oline issues...and character issues...

5 hours ago, Noeller said:

The riders are EXACTLY who we all thought they were going to be under CD when he was named HC because nobody else would take the job and Jones left them hanging late in the offseason. The first season under CD was a total fluke... This is exactly who we knew they would be.

Can't argue that

4 hours ago, GCn20 said:

Migs saying they will win 2 out of the next 3. Too delusional that guy. They will be lucky if they are within 2 tds in any of those games. Maybe...average 12-14 pts a game and their defence will do well if they can hold BC or us to 25 pts.

They be lucky to win 2 of next 9

Bombers aren't a consistently good team from week to week. I never know what to expect from them. They Molly whop the supposed best D in the league and then make the LOLks look like world beaters a week later. So if you told me that the Riders took at least one of the back to back, I wouldn't be shocked in the least.

1 minute ago, Mark H. said:

He lets his assistants do their jobs, is mostly what I mean

Your original point was very clear and you're not wrong. Debating it without being in the room is absurd. This idea that Osh rules with an iron fist is baseless and silly...

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

Bombers aren't a consistently good team from week to week. I never know what to expect from them. They Molly whop the supposed best D in the league and then make the LOLks look like world beaters a week later. So if you told me that the Riders took at least one of the back to back, I wouldn't be shocked in the least.

Fair enough, that’s just sports too. Happens so often, and it’s hilarious unless it’s your team!

4 hours ago, Mark H. said:

Not to mention, the most difficult sport in which to win back to back games.

It’s not even about winning though, it’s about coming out ready to play.  Too many times this year the team has just been flat .. and maybe when you look back over the history of O’Shea teams there are those moments but it *feels* more pronounced this year.