Week (7) of E(l)ks at Bombers

JCon

3 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

Not buying into the interior OL is bad line of thought. They have had their bad moments, but are still miles better than most of the league. Could they be better? Sure could. I, also, agree that Dobson and Eli may improve things. However, you as well as anyone knows, that the time to make these kind of changes is over the bye week, not on a short week. I mean people are seriously going to suggest that not changing up 40% of our OL on a short week is roster mismanagement? Just the opposite. It would be monumentally stupid to do so this week.

center would do wonders...and is the main issue on the oline...that and Buck flip flopping game plan/scheme and not allowing the unit to get in sync with what works...then adding a few things in game

3 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

The Ottawa tying and winning drives were pretty solid proof.  Our D has no depth at all.

Think of all the games you've seen that core group of guys play.  Have you ever seen them unable to even put forward effort for another down?

Will depend on how they declare the roster.  To me looks like they are declaring 5 Canadians on O and 2 on D.  So as long as 5 Canadians are on the field for O McCrae can come out (on the depth chart 6 Canadians are listed as "starters").

I disagree. Hall called essentially the same play for more than half that drive. Plays that hadn't worked all half. Coach's put the players in a position to lose. When they punted, I immediately thought....ok we're going to send 3, drop 9 and make this QB beat us with his arm and make him think. Instead Hall continued to run his no disguise blitzes...with admittedly tired players. Maybe another one or two DE makes a bit of difference....but again, the O put up how many points in the second half? That drive shouldn't have even mattered.

Just now, JuranBoldenRules said:

It all adds up to a loss.  Giving up points are the biggest factors in losing always.  Offense does play a part in that too.

For sure. Giving up points, AND not scoring on opportunities are always big factors in a loss.

1 minute ago, Booch said:

center would do wonders...and is the main issue on the oline...that and Buck flip flopping game plan/scheme and not allowing the unit to get in sync with what works...then adding a few things in game

I am all in favor of replacing Kola with Eli after the bye. I just think that is when you make the change.

1 minute ago, Bigblue204 said:

I disagree. Hall called essentially the same play for more than half that drive. Plays that hadn't worked all half. Coach's put the players in a position to lose. When they punted, I immediately thought....ok we're going to send 3, drop 9 and make this QB beat us with his arm and make him think. Instead Hall continued to run his no disguise blitzes...with admittedly tired players. Maybe another one or two DE makes a bit of difference....but again, the O put up how many points in the second half? That drive shouldn't have even mattered.

They couldn't execute basic skills like tackling.  They were not in the game.  It wouldn't have mattered what was called.

Just now, JuranBoldenRules said:

They couldn't execute basic skills like tackling.  They were not in the game.  It wouldn't have mattered what was called.

I disagree. I'm not even arguing that our Roster management isn't an issue. But I don't buy it being a main factor in either of the losses. Nor do I think it should be a reason to hit the panic button...just yet.

also glomming onto the fact that a coach has won grey cups in the past so he can do no wrong is also a factor....all coaches at times get stuck in a rut and lose an edge...and if they dont get it cack...or refuse to adapt a biut...they either start to lose...make same mistakes...and end up getting a pink slip....not saying we are at the point here...far from it....and totally not needed....but also Osh has a stubbornness and penchant to not at times see the forest thru the trees until its blatantly obvious.

Just the fact he wont use that Nationalized rule is proof positive of that as just one example...why ...because he doesnt like it, and is too Pro-Canadian to take advantage of it...of all the teams in the league we are set-up roster wise to get the most out of it

3 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

being gassed....is the main contributor to the piss poor tackling display we saw last week.....fact

2 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

I disagree. I'm not even arguing that our Roster management isn't an issue. But I don't buy it being a main factor in either of the losses. Nor do I think it should be a reason to hit the panic button...just yet.

question...do you seriously think this is a good, and adequate roster use today?...

Just now, MOBomberFan said:

It will only be proven adequate or inadequate... once we've won or lost

for real?...DA at full back?....6 dlineman?...One of Jeffs go down....Bennett goes in all game.....Or use Walker off edge and Jake gets even more reps?...Sad part we have no DE even available to take Haba's spot, but we do have Fox who should have been rostered....We likely win big...just cause the Elks suck so bad and our Offence should march up and down the field on them looking at that elks depth chart...and that will be in spite of who we rostered

5 minutes ago, MOBomberFan said:

It will only be proven adequate or inadequate... once we've won or lost

I think this is a pretty fair statement to be honest.

Am I happy with the shape of the roster .. it's makeup or it's lack of flexibility?  No.  That said, if we come out and win today it was adequate .. not optimal .. adequate (meaning we were able to get the job done).

for real?...DA at full back?....6 dlineman?...One of Jeffs go down....Bennett goes in all game.....Or use Walker off edge and Jake gets even more reps?...Sad part we have no DE even available to take Haba's spot, but we do have Fox who should have been rostered....We likely win big...just cause the Elks suck so bad and our Offence should march up and down the field on them looking at that elks depth chart...and that will be in spite of who we rostered

I think you need to look up the word adequate and get back to me. If we win... it will obviously have been adequate, by definition.

being gassed....is the main contributor to the piss poor tackling display we saw last week.....fact

question...do you seriously think this is a good, and adequate roster use today?...

No I do not. As I've stated previously. But I'm also not hoping for a loss. I've said a few times, if changes are coming...which I really hope they are...it'll be after the bye-week. The OTT game maybe made those changes more urgent. But MOS sticks his guns for better or worse, so I still see it going that way.

I stand by in game coaching/game plans as the #1 reason for both losses. Buck and Hall need wake the **** up. I have faith Buck will, I think Hall won't and it will depend on the talent he's given in the next few months for this D to turn around their play. But going into the year, this was going to be the Offenses time to pull the team up. And with the talent they have on that side, we shouldn't be kept out of the endzone for more than a few drives at a time. Never mind entire games/halfs/quarters. 

10 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

No I do not. As I've stated previously. But I'm also not hoping for a loss. I've said a few times, if changes are coming...which I really hope they are...it'll be after the bye-week. The OTT game maybe made those changes more urgent. But MOS sticks his guns for better or worse, so I still see it going that way.

I stand by in game coaching/game plans as the #1 reason for both losses. Buck and Hall need wake the **** up. I have faith Buck will, I think Hall won't and it will depend on the talent he's given in the next few months for this D to turn around their play. But going into the year, this was going to be the Offenses time to pull the team up. And with the talent they have on that side, we shouldn't be kept out of the endzone for more than a few drives at a time. Never mind entire games/halfs/quarters. 

I never want a loss...dont get me wrong....but sometimes a bitter pill is required....and we have guys here, that know the system so dont need a bye week to be integrated, as nothing goes on during the bye other than the coaches making the call to make a change...so getting the jump and have film to review during the bye allows you to make even better decisions or comparisons

I also 100% agree with your second paragraph....that has been a major contributor since game 3....I almost think thats its also a case of the co-ords not showing their cards right now...and at 4-2 and really 1st in the west most likely a given as the Lions aren't all that and as good as people like to think....I'm more or less okay with that if thats the case

Is today the day now that we have our full projected Offence playing the game we see the true offence Identity and what we are gonna be 9 times out of 10...I'm thinking so because our front 7 as it is for this game is gonna need it

8 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

The real work over the Bye is to fix the PR. 

Said it before - didn’t want to do it- but I’d be trying to bring Lemon in as well. 

Lemon would be a perfect add....and I all for it...Dude is training harder right now than he prob did in off-season...seen some online clips...Plus he is a vet and would need zero acclimation of any type

7 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

How no one has picked him up, boggles the mind. 

prob as most teams have money tied up elsewhere...and nobody has a real need...yet....but we do now as HABA is on the 6...and we have....lemme check the PR.........................................................Nobody

I bet we see a Lemon drop during the bye

Edited by Booch

6 minutes ago, Booch said:

I never want a loss...dont get me wrong....but sometimes a bitter pill is required....and we have guys here, that know the system so dont need a bye week to be integrated, as nothing goes on during the bye other than the coaches making the call to make a change...so getting the jump and have film to review during the bye allows you to make even better decisions or comparisons

I also 100% agree with your second paragraph....that has been a major contributor since game 3....I almost think thats its also a case of the co-ords not showing their cards right now...and at 4-2 and really 1st in the west most likely a given as the Lions aren't all that and as good as people like to think....I'm more or less okay with that if thats the case

Is today the day now that we have our full projected Offence playing the game we see the true offence Identity and what we are gonna be 9 times out of 10...I'm thinking so because our front 7 as it is for this game is gonna need 

I usually thought that way too. But in the BC game specifically, our O seemed to take a step back. The misdirection/PA etc just wasn't there. There's obviously reasons that change play calling etc through out a game, but even to start the game, the play calling was bland. So I'm assuming the game plan was trash from the jump. And BC came in and just shocked them (Buck).

7 minutes ago, Noeller said:

here's the thing about Lemon.... if NOBODY is bringing him in, isn't that a sign? 

nobody really had a need tho did they?...especially early in season when the SMS is kind of unsettled, and locked up....sort of...that or he asking too much initially...but as season wanes on that ask will minimize