2023 regular season prediction thread

wbbfan

3 minutes ago, Booch said:

when we excelled on defense...we rotated 7...8 dlineman....if we get back to that again...I think we be fine...Hansen when back will help and I wanna give the new guy Haba room and chance to grow on the fly...from limited look...he looks legit

The Jeffs with him and Hansen rotating....Lawson..Thomas...Walker and Thomas...would be adequate in my opinion if we can swing it roster wise...but our dline and utter defense domination has not been the same since the 2021 grey cup where we had that real good rotation

100%

It's something we did not do last season. And we certainly don't have a ton of bodies along the DL on the roster right now.

4 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

Bombers

Lions

Stamps

Riders

Elks

Argos

Ti-Cats

REDBLACKS

Als

I don't want to piss anyone off by getting the arithmetic wrong.  

I just honestly thought you'd have the Bombers lower. That's not a knock at you or whatever, I just sincerely thought you'd have some kind of reasoning for putting someone....anyone...higher than the Bombers in the West. If even TBurg says Bombers will win the West, then I think it's a done deal...

The 2023 Saskatchewan Roughriders may indeed have a season that some might consider satisfactory. However, it is important to note that their potential success should not be overstated. While they may gather a few victories if circumstances align in their favor, it is difficult to ignore the historical pattern of underperformance and mediocrity that has plagued this team. Despite the presence of a handful of competent players on their roster, the Roughriders have consistently fallen short of achieving significant accomplishments. Therefore, while they may demonstrate some level of competence, it would be unwise to anticipate any extraordinary achievements or championship titles from this particular team.

I stand by my choice of predicting that the Saskatchewan Roughriders will finish in second place, acknowledging their potential for a successful season.

5 minutes ago, Pepper_Brooks said:

The 2023 Saskatchewan Roughriders may indeed have a season that some might consider satisfactory. However, it is important to note that their potential success should not be overstated. While they may gather a few victories if circumstances align in their favor, it is difficult to ignore the historical pattern of underperformance and mediocrity that has plagued this team. Despite the presence of a handful of competent players on their roster, the Roughriders have consistently fallen short of achieving significant accomplishments. Therefore, while they may demonstrate some level of competence, it would be unwise to anticipate any extraordinary achievements or championship titles from this particular team.

I stand by my choice of predicting that the Saskatchewan Roughriders will finish in second place, acknowledging their potential for a successful season.

If we finish second, I’ll be happy considering the disaster that was last season. That was miserable, from top to bottom. CoFaj no longer being the QB is a win in itself.

I stand by the fact that Trevor Harris isn’t a championship QB, he just can’t string together multiple solid games in a row. I hope he proves me wrong.

16 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Bombers 12-6

Riders 10-8

Stamps 10-8

Elks 9-9

Lions 6-12

Argos 12-6

Ticats 10-8

Als 6-12

Redblacks 5-13

@JuranBoldenRules What's your take on the Elks? You know wayyyyyy more than I do obviously on the ins and outs of professional football but I don't see a 500 club, I see below that and another wholesale change a coming.

For the health of the league sure hope I'm wrong. 

1 hour ago, HardCoreBlue said:

@JuranBoldenRules What's your take on the Elks? You know wayyyyyy more than I do obviously on the ins and outs of professional football but I don't see a 500 club, I see below that and another wholesale change a coming.

For the health of the league sure hope I'm wrong. 

I think relative to the competition they’ll be in the mix.  BC is taking a giant step back IMO.  Calgary and Sask are mediocre IMO.  It’s really the Bombers, Argos and Ticats in the top tier but both the Eastern teams have pretty significant QB question marks, I just think the Argos D is the type that can control games and put points up themselves.

I could see Montreal getting hot for a bit and being closer to .500, but Ottawa will stay putrid.  They have no QB, even with Masoli I don’t see them being a team that scores more than 17-18 points a game.

Edmonton has a strong run game which combined with a nice receiving core should be hard to defend so long as they are willing to lean on the run.  They’ll have an average D schemed up for pressure which will eat up most QBs in the league right now.

Edited by JuranBoldenRules

Bombers 11-7 --- I think there's a bit of a stumble this year. I'm not convinced about our DL/LB cores this year. Not enough turn over, imo
Calgary- 10-8
Sask - 9-9 --- Trevor Harris is Mr .500, maybe not the worst thing for them
Edmonton - 8-10, bit of a step forward and is fighting for the crossover
BC - Vaj sucks. They caught lightning in a bottle last year and will regress hard without a superstar qb

Hamilton - 12-6 feasting on the east. Goes about .500 against the west
Toronto - 11-7
Ottawa - 9-9
Montreal - 6-12

Edited by Dr Zaius

I like BC to finish second in the West, but I am still not convinced that Adams is the answer. He has all the physical tools but I doubt he has the mental abilities to be a consistent winner. Gotta be Hamilton in the East and after that, the rest of the teams are toss-ups. I am rooting for the RedBlacks to be a lot better this years.

4 minutes ago, Tracker said:

I like BC to finish second in the West, but I am still not convinced that Adams is the answer. He has all the physical tools but I doubt he has the mental abilities to be a consistent winner. Gotta be Hamilton in the East and after that, the rest of the teams are toss-ups. I am rooting for the RedBlacks to be a lot better this years.

If BC struggles at all they will fade hard.  There's no culture there and Campbell is a terrible head coach.  Cannot believe he's the GM too.  Their only hope is Evans taking over.  Guys like Rhymes will be belly aching pretty quick.

5 hours ago, GCn20 said:

Wins and losses each need to total 81.

Wins and losses must be equal and each tie takes one of each away.

You have to understand my state of inebriation when I finished those picks. It was really hard to see the numbers properly. Ill stand by those final totals and bet in the end they will come closer than most other early season predictions.

56 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

Bombers 18-0

Lions 0-3-15

Stamps 0-3-15

Elks 0-3-15

Riders 0-3-15

Ottawa 0-1-17

Hamilton 0-2-16

Toronto 0-2-16

Montreal 0-2-16

as usual, Joey wins MBB today.... this is the only pick that matters. 

29 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

If BC struggles at all they will fade hard.  There's no culture there and Campbell is a terrible head coach.  Cannot believe he's the GM too.  Their only hope is Evans taking over.  Guys like Rhymes will be belly aching pretty quick.

Co-GM with Neil McEcvoy.

6 hours ago, Noeller said:

I just honestly thought you'd have the Bombers lower. That's not a knock at you or whatever, I just sincerely thought you'd have some kind of reasoning for putting someone....anyone...higher than the Bombers in the West. If even TBurg says Bombers will win the West, then I think it's a done deal...

I had us in first last year too.

7 hours ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

GCn20 predicting that the Lions will fold mid-season right before the playoffs and Calgary will be awarded a win by default in week 20 to give them 2nd place over Edmonton. Bold call!

Mistyped it... sorry folks.

5 hours ago, Wanna-B-Fanboy said:

Bombers 14-4

BC  11-9

Elks 10-9

Sask 9-16

Calgary 8-31

Ticats 12-8

Redblacks 11-11

Argos 8-3

Alouettes 7-62

Those who complain about totals... pfft- deal with it.

You win the internet today....lol

2 hours ago, coach17 said:

You have to understand my state of inebriation when I finished those picks. It was really hard to see the numbers properly. Ill stand by those final totals and bet in the end they will come closer than most other early season predictions.

LOL....alright. I liked your predictions overall so I regret splitting hairs.

I'm confused is the RIders win total this season 0 or 00? I know we can only have one now.

11 hours ago, Jesse said:

They let a few guys walk in FA too without signing anyone of note.

I think they're all just a little too sure of themselves this year...

Hufnagel has taken a major step back as far a running the team goes. He's now semi retired but still retains the title of President.  Dickenson runs the show now. We'll see how he does as GM & Head Coach.