How retired is Jason Medlock?

Bomberforlife

Had to wait a day to chill out but now I can say that in my opinion, there is no reason at all to hang this on Liegghio.  Sure he could have made that convert, but this loss was a team losss.  I said in the week leading up to this game that the only team that could beat the Bombers was the Bombers themselves.  That's exactly what happened yesterday.  They had a bad game as a team, especially on the O.  If they play even an average game, they win.  It sucks, but for 2 points, this is still the top team in the league.  We're going to be fine.  I took at the Bombers from 1958 to 1962.  Win 2 GC, lose 1, then win 2 more.  I'd be fine with that again.

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

You guys talk like converts are still 7 yards out. It's not as simple as it used to be, and it's not like he's the only one missing the odd one here and there. It's really insane to be this hung up on Liegghio. He was not the problem. 

Liegghio .was not THE problem, but he was part of the problem

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

you guys talk like converts are still 7 yards out. It's not as simple as it used to be, and it's not like he's the only one missing the odd one here and there. It's really insane to be this hung up on Liegghio. He was not the problem. 

For the record, I am not pinning the loss on Legghio

But he missed 8 converts this season. No other kicker missed more than 3, some missed only 1

8 hours ago, Noeller said:

I have 100% faith in Liegghio to continue to get better. His last kick was blocked..... you guys know that, right? The blockers ****** him on that one. This is a (nearly) 95% CIS kicker, who went from being VERY questionable last year to one of the best all-purpose kickers in the league this year. He's going to be even better next year. I have no doubts in that whatsoever. He did not cost us last night's game.

From what I've read from the comments on social media the kick was going to the left & he would have missed if it wasn't blocked. A number of people said the same thing. I can only go from what people saw.

13 minutes ago, Noeller said:

there's a quote from Liegghio himself saying he striped it and it was "going to go in" but a hand got through...... but who really knows. It shouldn't have come to that.

2 hours ago, 17to85 said:

The reality is we will never know what would have happened with that kick were it not blocked and anything is speculation.  I thought the kick looked low to my untrained eye, which is why it got blocked most likely, but we will never know for sure.

Exactly. All the talk from keyboard physicists is too much. There's no way for us to know where that kick was going from the split second between kick and block. 

I watched the replay a few times and I thought it looked low (which is a function of kicking longer FGs) and to the left... of course, I have no idea what would've happened... Leggs said he liked the kick and thought it would've been good without the block, but we'll never know...

But for people who want to blame the block on Leigghio... are they also blaming the Hallett block on Bede or all credit to Hallett?... it works both ways

We should've been tied ....even with the last td by the argos at the end...IF Leggs had made the convert on our first td earlier......Can't miss those in a Cup game when every point is crucial....Yeah Bede was no better but I don't give a rats ass on how good or bad he is....he's not our kicker......I'm not going to hang the loss on Leggs shoulders..that was a team effort (or lack there of)...I'm sure he'll work on his consistency over the off season....BUT a little competition in tc never hurt anyone,,,in fact that can be very motivating

9 minutes ago, Stickem said:

We should've been tied ....even with the last td by the argos at the end...IF Leggs had made the convert on our first td earlier......Can't miss those in a Cup game when every point is crucial....Yeah Bede was no better but I don't give a rats ass on how good or bad he is....he's not our kicker......I'm not going to hang the loss on Leggs shoulders..that was a team effort (or lack there of)...I'm sure he'll work on his consistency over the off season....BUT a little competition in tc never hurt anyone,,,in fact that can be very motivating

Seems that the Bomber org. Top down to coaches was perfectly willing to have legghio have the whole kicking gig after Castillo left. If the org can produces“systems” you’d think they were satisfied with him but instead have miscalculated how effective Leggs was going to be this year. They did probably save a few bucks by having him as the Exclusive kicker. Being a MASTERFUL specialized player takes years of pro experience which we had with Medlock and Castillo, but our current guy ain’t there, yet. 

Our O put up under 20 points... grant punt return and ppl still putting this on the kicker? Lol 

Just need 1 person to blame I guess but in my opinion,  Collaros had one of his worst games as a bomber. When you are outplayed by MBT, you deserve to lose. Zach knows it too and he will be back hungry AF 

Edited by Goalie