Week 9 - The Champs at The Larks - GDT

JCon

So what team gives us the loss? 

Last night was a turnover fest by Zach and still won going away with it. 

Do we lose at all?  If we are 17 0 do u rest Zach and company game 18? Or do u go for 18 and 0 cuz 3 byes prob 4 in reality cuz Western Final runs through IG Field 

Edited by Goalie

9 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

There has never been a team miss the playoffs with 9 wins to my knowledge so for all intents and purposes we've already locked up a playoff spot.... how bout that? First week in August and playoffs secured. 

Only one team has gone 9-9 and missed the playoffs - the 2018 Edmonton Eskimos. Mathematically, the Bombers could still finish 5th in the West this year, but the number of game scenarios that would have to line up to make that happen are so many that it is basically a fait accompli that they are in. 

2 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Only one team has gone 9-9 and missed the playoffs - the 2018 Edmonton Eskimos. Mathematically, the Bombers could still finish 5th in the West this year, but the number of game scenarios that would have to line up to make that happen are so many that it is basically a fait accompli that they are in. 

So there was one. How about that. Figure 8 wins is pretty rare missing even so there's really an almost 0 chance of winnipeg not making playoffs. I'm going to call it clinched. 

13 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Do we lose at all?  If we are 17 0 do u rest Zach and company game 18? Or do u go for 18 and 0 cuz 3 byes prob 4 in reality cuz Western Final runs through IG Field 

I think that once we have 1st place locked up mathematically, they start resting guys and that's when we could lose... that being said, you can't rest everyone so some starters will still be playing, and Dru Brown has shown that he can play a pretty good game so time will tell.

1 minute ago, 17to85 said:

The horn is more a TSN problem than an Als problem IMO. In person you're probably only pissing off the people in your immediate vicinity. The way the TSN mics picked it up though made the TV experience ****. 

Outside of muting the crowd, which would really truly suck, I’m not sure what they could do? 

Do we allow air horns at IGF? 

14 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

Do we allow air horns at IGF? 

Per the Bomber website:

Prohibited items include:

• No outside food with the exception of a single serving snack;
  • No outside beverages;
  • No outside alcohol, illegal drugs, weapons (or items deemed hazardous by security), incendiary
  • devices. Anyone found with any of these items entering the facility will be subject to eviction from the game and/or arrest;
  • No flasks, ice bags, ice chests, coolers or picnic baskets;
  • No laser pointers, Frisbees, balls, boom boxes, rollerblades, roller skates, skate boards, bats, hockey sticks or poles of any kind;
  • No musical instruments, air horns, powered megaphones, boom boxes, pets, obscene/indecent signs or clothing;
  • Cameras with attachable lenses larger than 6” in length.

I guess that means Bomber fans will just have to use their voices to make noise. Think we can manage that?

Edited by TrueBlue4ever

5 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

The horn is more a TSN problem than an Als problem IMO. In person you're probably only pissing off the people in your immediate vicinity. The way the TSN mics picked it up though made the TV experience ****. 

Yeah if I was TSN I would not be happy for a couple of reasons: the horns of course - they were super disruptive to the broadcast and I can't imagine advertisers were particularly happy with the quality of the game experience, and two the PBP booth - sounds like there is little/no or inadequate cooling in the there. Rod and Duane did their best yesterday but you could tell they were having a really hard time.

Both items are very unprofessional and need to be addressed immediately.

Also, anyone get a shot of the two dudes with the air pumps/horns? I was grabbing a drink when they showed them on screen, and I'm very curious as to what the setup was.

50 minutes ago, Goalie said:

tenor.gif

Long season, anything can happen.  Bombers are doing ******* amazing, let's enjoy what is unfolding before us and not get too ahead of ourselves... 

9 minutes ago, Wanna-B-Fanboy said:

tenor.gif

Long season, anything can happen.  Bombers are doing ******* amazing, let's enjoy what is unfolding before us and not get too ahead of ourselves... 

True....but even if disaster strikes we already have our 8th best win total of the last 20 years secured with only 3 wins needed to tie for our best. Hard to believe we have done this in half a season.

43 minutes ago, Potential said:

Yeah if I was TSN I would not be happy for a couple of reasons: the horns of course - they were super disruptive to the broadcast and I can't imagine advertisers were particularly happy with the quality of the game experience, and two the PBP booth - sounds like there is little/no or inadequate cooling in the there. Rod and Duane did their best yesterday but you could tell they were having a really hard time.

You know it's too hot when Forde and Smith don't want to eat.

We've got back-to-back-to-back games against the Stamps-Riders-Riders. We're going to lose one of those, I'm certain. Doesn't matter what type of shenannigans are going on in Regina, those games are always up for grabs. 

And, BLM has beat us a thousand times, so I hear. 

7 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

KNeIbvQ.png

Guy has a mechanical horn.  Shouldn’t be allowed in any CFL stadium.

The number of comments about how this is a new thing is strange to me because every game in Montreal that I can remember has had those horns.  I just took a quick look back at an old youtube of a Montreal game from 2010 and I could hear it... not as incessantly as last night, but it's been around for a while... and by the looks of the couple, it's likely been them the whole time.

14 minutes ago, Sard said:

The number of comments about how this is a new thing is strange to me because every game in Montreal that I can remember has had those horns.  I just took a quick look back at an old youtube of a Montreal game from 2010 and I could hear it... not as incessantly as last night, but it's been around for a while... and by the looks of the couple, it's likely been them the whole time.

Agreed, TSN should go and fix the issue with their broadcast and figure away to muffle those horns- those fans shouldn't have to silenced.