Around The NHL 2022-23

On 3/2/2023 at 10:22 AM, FrostyWinnipeg said:

What’s crazy about the Weber contract is that there’s 3 years left so NASH thought he’d be playing at 40.

All Nashville did was match the offer sheet from Philadelphia. As most teams have done in the past. So technically, 2 teams thought Weber would play that long.

Edited by MrFreakzilla
Edit

Just now, HardCoreBlue said:

Just give me a win tonight please.

With what's being going on as of late with our Jets on the outside looking in, it would soften things a bit if tomorrow with the stinky Oiler fans I'm surrounded by. 

I've got Jets socks on, and an Oilers tee... "I just hope everyone has fun".........

35 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Average close to 35pts a year(factoring in missing games aka Covid) plus he'd be the grittiest player on the team which is what we are lacking.

100k per point is about average.

Rutherford was drunk when he offered Tanev that contract. He's a solid third liner with a good motor but not at that AAV.

He's also never scored 35 points in a season, let alone averaged that amount over his career: https://www.hockey-reference.com/players/t/tanevbr01.html

And grittiest? Adam Lowry would like a word.

2 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Rutherford was drunk when he offered Tanev that contract. He's a solid third liner with a good motor but not at that AAV.

He's also never scored 35 points in a season, let alone averaged that amount over his career: https://www.hockey-reference.com/players/t/tanevbr01.html

And grittiest? Adam Lowry would like a word.

You're just trying to confuse the argument with facts. 

1 hour ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Guess you missed the "factoring"

2 hours ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Average close to 35pts a year(factoring in missing games aka Covid)

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

7 hours ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Guess you missed the "factoring"

It's irrelevant. Your only "argument" is based on someone else's PPG average projected over a full 82-game season*, which is something Tanev has never done (80 is his career high).

What good is cherry-picking data to bolster your claim he's a player the Jets miss right now? 

* rendering it a useless point (which said poster excels at making)

1 hour ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Jordan Binnington is a clown. 

That’s it. That’s the post. 

Didn’t see any highlights last night, so I wasn’t sure what you were referring to, so I looked it up…. What a complete asshat.  Does anybody like this guy?  Even his own teammates??