Zach Collaros

Brandon

League VP Kevin McDonald has said a number of times that the league will be implementing a trade freeze from approximately a week before the draft until the draft day itself. The formal dates are yet to be established.

So it will basically be that once you set your protected list you can't make trades, not an all out moratorium on player movement between the trade deadline and expansion draft as some have suggested.

League VP Kevin McDonald has said a number of times that the league will be implementing a trade freeze from approximately a week before the draft until the draft day itself. The formal dates are yet to be established.

So it will basically be that once you set your protected list you can't make trades, not an all out moratorium on player movement between the trade deadline and expansion draft as some have suggested.

I believe it would be no transactions period. It wouldn't be setting your roster if you were still allowed to add or release players.

So, apparently EVERY team can develop a competent quarterback prospect now except for Winnipeg.  Thanks Mack.

How long until someone starts a DeMarco thread...

If I was Walters, I would be talking to Taman about Drew Willy right now...  as in, offer Henoc for Drew Willy and a pick - Sask needs some serious help up the middle.  I think he might go for it - Taman wants a Grey Cup ring.

So, apparently EVERY team can develop a competent quarterback prospect now except for Winnipeg.  Thanks Mack.

If I was Walters, I would be talking to Taman about Drew Willy right now...  as in, offer Henoc for Drew Willy and a pick - Sask needs some serious help up the middle.  I think he might go for it - Taman wants a Grey Cup ring.

Well glad Walters is going to do things his way, with all the facts and discussions, and considerations...a little premature to be trading Muamba for Willy at this point, and now you are basically starting the Willy thread instead of this thread, which is Collaros.

Umm...NO!  You don't even know Willy's potential and you want to trade one of our best defensive players for him?  Are you out of your mind?

Plus, why would you want any QB right now?  Not only is the season over for us, you'd be launching him into a suicide mission with our Oline and potentially getting him hurt.  Getting someone good right now is just wasting time unless he's somehow on the open market and all the other GM's just happened to have missed him.

Best to just wait till the offseason, see who our new HC and GM will be (if any changes are made) and start fresh.

Not sure what's so earth-shattering about this idea...  never said trade Muamba straight up - I just think that if we were looking at dangling Muamba for something, Sask is super desperate for an MLB right now... we could get a QB prospect AND a pick for Muamba - or maybe Willy and Watman... who knows - Taman can't protect all his Canadians.

I hope we get Collaros after the season, but the window to negotiate is so short that I am not too sure.  Ottawa will pick him if he's still in T.O.

I haven't seen enough of Drew Willy to formulate an opinion on how good he is. In the time I've seen him, he looked okay. But he has a very good team around him with a solid OL plenty of weapons so how would he do here?? Trading Muamba to sask for him. Don't know about that as I'm not convinced.

Ask Saskatchewan fans how solid their OL is.

Of all the "Rabble Rabble" from fans about these so-called "next generation" QBs, Willy is without a doubt the guy I want, assuming that BLM is a non-issue due to Calgary paying him huge money to stay...

Really?  Over Colleros?  What exactly has Drew Willy shown you in the 3 or 4 games he's played in over the last 2 years that you'd have that much confidence in signing him?

I'm not saying he wouldn't be good.  I'm sure he's some talent.  But we've barely seen the guy play.

i keep shaking my head whenever i see someone suggest that Ray won't be our QB next season...

I don't think it's that far-fetched man... Ray is fantastic and all, but has taken a lot of hits over his career, and has been hurt regularly of late.  Collaros is a young up-and-comer who has shown proficiency at a young, relatively undeveloped age, in Toronto's system. 

The fact that I'm a Bomber fan and that I think I'd rather have Collaros; should tell you what you'd need to know.

And that is... that we have no OL... and Ray would be injured even more often here.  Oh, and yes, that I think the upside potential in Collaros may not trump Ray; but he likely will have greater longevity.

Of all the "Rabble Rabble" from fans about these so-called "next generation" QBs, Willy is without a doubt the guy I want, assuming that BLM is a non-issue due to Calgary paying him huge money to stay...

Really?  Over Colleros?  What exactly has Drew Willy shown you in the 3 or 4 games he's played in over the last 2 years that you'd have that much confidence in signing him?

I'm not saying he wouldn't be good.  I'm sure he's some talent.  But we've barely seen the guy play.

Much more composed under pressure for one. Collaros is solid when he has time. When he doesn't, not so much. He gets REALLY bad happy feet, and his mechanics, and accuracy suffer because of it. Our offensive line issues aren't going to be fixed overnight either, so I'm with Noeller, I feel Willy would be the better fit. Collaros' issues are fixable of course, with him being a young passer, but I feel that Willy is more polished at this point. Of course, either would be big improvement over what we have now though.

I would take Ray over Collaros any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

AINEC. Seriously anyone taking any qb over Ray is an idiot let alone one who hasn't done anything in the league yet. 

I beg to disagree. Steven Jyles is one hell of a QB.  - Eric Tillman

To be clear, I'd be ELATED with Ricky Ray... but my elation with Collaros is pretty damn close.  Ray would be one hell of a 3-4 year starter.  We'd need to develop another guy under Ray to take over not only when he hangs 'em up, but also when he's injured.  Injuries to Ray have happened with greater frequency in recent years.  Winnipeg hasn't developed a QB since Khari Jones.  Short-term thinking scares me because we could be right where we are today in 3 years.  Or shorter.

Collaros has shown the good ability this year, and has greater long-term potential, and as Mike puts it, the quarterback "it" factor.  He has not shown to be injury-prone yet either, and is young.  Talent, youth, and upside... but he hasn't proven it over as long of a term.  Ray will likely be better in the short-term, but the Bombers are a complete rebuild.

Frankly, I see Collaros as the better move for the Bombers.

To be clear, I'd be ELATED with Ricky Ray... but my elation with Collaros is pretty damn close.  Ray would be one hell of a 3-4 year starter.  We'd need to develop another guy under Ray to take over not only when he hangs 'em up, but also when he's injured.  Injuries to Ray have happened with greater frequency in recent years.  Winnipeg hasn't developed a QB since Khari Jones.  Short-term thinking scares me because we could be right where we are today in 3 years.  Or shorter.

Collaros has shown the good ability this year, and has greater long-term potential, and as Mike puts it, the quarterback "it" factor.  He has not shown to be injury-prone yet either, and is young.  Talent, youth, and upside... but he hasn't proven it over as long of a term.  Ray will likely be better in the short-term, but the Bombers are a complete rebuild.

sounds a lot like the logic Eric Tillman was using.. how'd that work out? 

why do you care who your QB is in 5 years when you ought to be trying to win a Grey Cup next year??