Zach Collaros

Brandon

The absolute funniest part to me, is that the GM we fired was rumoured to be close to acquiring Collaros and now everyone is simultaneously jumping on the "we must get Collaros" bandwagon all the while still continually crapping on that GM nonstop. 

The funniest part to me is that he once again failed to get the QB he was after.  Coffee is for closers, and Mack didn't close when it really mattered.  Joe Mack is the Shelley Levene of general managers....

Glengarry%2BGlen%2BRoss%2BLemmon.jpg

To be clear, I'd be ELATED with Ricky Ray... but my elation with Collaros is pretty damn close.  Ray would be one hell of a 3-4 year starter.  We'd need to develop another guy under Ray to take over not only when he hangs 'em up, but also when he's injured.  Injuries to Ray have happened with greater frequency in recent years.  Winnipeg hasn't developed a QB since Khari Jones.  Short-term thinking scares me because we could be right where we are today in 3 years.  Or shorter.

Collaros has shown the good ability this year, and has greater long-term potential, and as Mike puts it, the quarterback "it" factor.  He has not shown to be injury-prone yet either, and is young.  Talent, youth, and upside... but he hasn't proven it over as long of a term.  Ray will likely be better in the short-term, but the Bombers are a complete rebuild.

Frankly, I see Collaros as the better move for the Bombers.

why do you care who your QB is in 5 years when you ought to be trying to win a Grey Cup next year??

Because this team isn't good enough to win a GC next year, and (if there is a God) will be adjusting to new coaches and schemes.

Why take on Ray's contract and the limitations it'll put on the rest of our roster; if we're more than Ray away from being a GC contender? 

I'm not saying Collaros is a better QB than Ray... I'm saying Collaros makes more sense for a rebuilding team that needs more than just a QB.

To be clear, I'd be ELATED with Ricky Ray... but my elation with Collaros is pretty damn close.  Ray would be one hell of a 3-4 year starter.  We'd need to develop another guy under Ray to take over not only when he hangs 'em up, but also when he's injured.  Injuries to Ray have happened with greater frequency in recent years.  Winnipeg hasn't developed a QB since Khari Jones.  Short-term thinking scares me because we could be right where we are today in 3 years.  Or shorter.

Collaros has shown the good ability this year, and has greater long-term potential, and as Mike puts it, the quarterback "it" factor.  He has not shown to be injury-prone yet either, and is young.  Talent, youth, and upside... but he hasn't proven it over as long of a term.  Ray will likely be better in the short-term, but the Bombers are a complete rebuild.

why do you care who your QB is in 5 years when you ought to be trying to win a Grey Cup next year??

Because this team isn't good enough to win a GC next year, and (if there is a God) will be adjusting to new coaches and schemes.

Why take on Ray's contract and the limitations it'll put on the rest of our roster; if we're more than Ray away from being a GC contender? 

I'm not saying Collaros is a better QB than Ray... I'm saying Collaros makes more sense for a rebuilding team that needs more than just a QB.

>implying that teams haven't turned around from **** to win the GC in recent years

>implying that teams with new HCs and systems haven't won GCs in recent years

>implying that teams with big contracts at QB haven't won GCs in recent years

The absolute funniest part to me, is that the GM we fired was rumoured to be close to acquiring Collaros and now everyone is simultaneously jumping on the "we must get Collaros" bandwagon all the while still continually crapping on that GM nonstop. 

The funniest part to me is that he once again failed to get the QB he was after.  Coffee is for closers, and Mack didn't close when it really mattered.  Joe Mack is the Shelley Levene of general managers....

that's so perfect a description that i'd swear i'd heard that same sentiment being expressed 2 years ago...

Hey I'm just saying you all walk around acting like he knows nothing about talent. Now whether he is willing to pay whatever it takes that's another matter entirely. All I've ever done is provided a counter balance to the massively over reacting opinions that get thrown out as facts around this place. 

Hey I'm just saying you all walk around acting like he knows nothing about talent. Now whether he is willing to pay whatever it takes that's another matter entirely. All I've ever done is provided a counter balance to the massively over reacting opinions that get thrown out as facts around this place. 

true... you always bravely and boldly go against the grain... you never ever piled on with the blinkered-masses during the 4 years of rampant Mack-love...

:rolleyes:

>implying that teams haven't turned around from **** to win the GC in recent years

Good points all of them.  I'm implying that there have not been a disaster of the Bombers' magnitude turn it all around into a GC in recent years.

I'd love to win a GC next year... and I'd love Ricky Ray too.  I just think we need more pieces than just Ray; and that his contract could well handcuff us from addressing those areas.  Why not spend the $400k between Collaros, Chris Best, and another piece?

And yes, I am implying that I'd like us to trade for/sign Chris Best as well. 

Good points all of them.  I'm implying that there have not been a disaster of the Bombers' magnitude turn it all around into a GC in recent years.

I'd love to win a GC next year... and I'd love Ricky Ray too.  I just think we need more pieces than just Ray; and that his contract could well handcuff us from addressing those areas.  Why not spend the $400k between Collaros, Chris Best, and another piece?

having a Ricky Ray would make a lot of other pieces look better too....

I haven't seen enough of Drew Willy to formulate an opinion on how good he is. In the time I've seen him, he looked okay. But he has a very good team around him with a solid OL plenty of weapons so how would he do here?? Trading Muamba to sask for him. Don't know about that as I'm not convinced.

Ask Saskatchewan fans how solid their OL is.

Injuries but when they come back they are among the CFL's best. Calgary the same thing. Lost Federkeill to a groin injury & Tsoumpas to a concussion & is out indefinetly... Both lines are dominant when healthy.

that's so perfect a description that i'd swear i'd heard that same sentiment being expressed 2 years ago...

What???  I thought I had thought of it all myself.... :D

coffee.jpg

see, it's still funny. You all hate the man so much and talk about him like he's a complete tool when it comes to players but you all have the same wishlist for players he did.

Might have shared the same wish list, but was not willing to pay the price, or anything really, to get those wish list players. Other gms are willing to pay up.

The 1999 Hamilton Ti-cats?

RT @garylawless: League source tells me #Bombers inquired about Bo Levi Mitchell in the last 10 days and were politely told no thanks.

Strike 2.......

Bo's not going anywhere. Are the Bombers that dense?? Clue in, Walters. The Stamps are going to protect him. Same with some of the fanbase here. He's not leaving Calgary.

Lol at iso .... Bad comment.

I was a huge imwt guy.... He just didn't get the key positions filled. Kept boatman yet Walters in a few weeks brought in 5 guys to replace him....

Did he get him?

I thought the deal fell through because Ray got hurt (not his current injury - the one he suffered in mid-July).

Of all the "Rabble Rabble" from fans about these so-called "next generation" QBs, Willy is without a doubt the guy I want, assuming that BLM is a non-issue due to Calgary paying him huge money to stay...

Mitchell signed an extension last year that keeps him under contract until after the 2014 season.

RT @garylawless: League source tells me #Bombers inquired about Bo Levi Mitchell in the last 10 days and were politely told no thanks.

Strike 2.......

Bo's not going anywhere. Are the Bombers that dense?? Clue in, Walters. The Stamps are going to protect him. Same with some of the fanbase here. He's not leaving Calgary.

Lol at iso .... Bad comment.

Bad in the sense of what? That the Bombers keep calling  about Mitchell? Not the first time I heard that rumour.