Zach Collaros

Brandon

RT @garylawless: League source tells me #Bombers inquired about Bo Levi Mitchell in the last 10 days and were politely told no thanks.

Strike 2.......

good for them though. if they aren't asking, then they aren't doing their job.

As I said, they've asked more than once & turned down everytime. Being in Calgary I know it's never going to happen. So the Bombers gotta move on.

Now if the Bombers want Tate then ask away.... Please.

actually, i think they should. 

Tate and Hall backing up Collaros (who you should make a big money offer to) would take you from the worst QB situation to one of the better ones. having a designated QB coach with those three should go without saying...

Tate and Hall backing up Collaros (who you should make a big money offer to) would take you from the worst QB situation to one of the better ones. having a designated QB coach with those three should go without saying...

Tate is signed to starters money already though, isn't he?   Not sure the Bombers could afford to make the offer to Collaros if they traded for Tate.  I'd rather have Collaros then live through Buck 2.0. 

Tate is signed to starters money already though, isn't he?   Not sure the Bombers could afford to make the offer to Collaros if they traded for Tate.  I'd rather have Collaros then live through Buck 2.0. 

marginal starters money really...

and the SMS is going up, so it ought not matter.

and i'm still unsure that Tate is Pierce 2.0... i think that the kid has been unlucky and will come good.... but having him behind a guy like Collaros and studying with a good OC and QBC would be ideal (like he has in Huf and Dave ****... QBs make good QB mentors)

A nice thought but just not realistic from a financial standpoint to pay both Collaros and Tate. I agree though that Max Hall would make an ideal backup to either of those 2 as your starter.

A nice thought but just not realistic from a financial standpoint to pay both Collaros and Tate. I agree though that Max Hall would make an ideal backup to either of those 2 as your starter.

like i said above... under the new SMS, i bet you could easily have both.

FFS, we pay Ray $400k... and have 4 other QBs besides!

RT @garylawless: League source tells me #Bombers inquired about Bo Levi Mitchell in the last 10 days and were politely told no thanks.

Strike 2.......

Bo's not going anywhere. Are the Bombers that dense?? Clue in, Walters. The Stamps are going to protect him. Same with some of the fanbase here. He's not leaving Calgary.

Better to ask and be told No than not to ask at all...that would be dumb! Doesn't matter how many times! things change constantly!

I think Mitchell is the better fit in Calgary. Tate is a talented guy but he'd never co-exist with BLM & would be a distraction with his unhappiness. Glenn is an easy going guy & doesn't make waves. I think at the end of the day, the Stamps protect Mitchell & if none of their qbs are taken by Ottawa then trade Drew Tate. Just my gut feeling.

Strike 2.......

Bo's not going anywhere. Are the Bombers that dense?? Clue in, Walters. The Stamps are going to protect him. Same with some of the fanbase here. He's not leaving Calgary.

Better to ask and be told No than not to ask at all...that would be dumb!

Check my posts here since I posted that a few minutes ago....

Strike 2.......

Better to ask and be told No than not to ask at all...that would be dumb!

Check my posts here since I posted that a few minutes ago....

Why? what would I learn about your original post, that we haven't all learned already?

I believe we can make deals between the end of November and the expansion draft, so offer Toronto something for Collaros and then show him the $$$.

Two weeks to get a deal done...  starting to look like we don't have much choice other than to annoint Walters as GM if we want a shot at a QB!

You'd think Toronto would rather low him to a western team than an eastern one, maybe that will work in our favour?

Also at what point do they start to think about protecting Collaros and letting Ray go?

I'd be considering it big time.  Ray has missed a lot of games over the last two seasons and he probably has more trade value.  Big SMS hit too.

I still feel like Ottawa takes him in the expansion draft and tries to lock him up before free agency.

Winnipeg might have to pay to get that opportunity.

You don't think they take a combo of Willy and Glenn?

At most Ottawa will draft 1 QB.  They need/want to stock up NI's in the draft, and drafting a QB gives that team the opportunity to protect more NI's.  Collaros, Willy, Glenn are all free agents anyways.

I still feel like Ottawa takes him in the expansion draft and tries to lock him up before free agency.

Winnipeg might have to pay to get that opportunity.

You don't think they take a combo of Willy and Glenn?

At most Ottawa will draft 1 QB.  They need/want to stock up NI's in the draft, and drafting a QB gives that team the opportunity to protect more NI's.  Collaros, Willy, Glenn are all free agents anyways.

And of those three, if you were the GM...which one would you set your sites on talent wise only?. except in Glenn's case I guess age would have to be a factor