Week 4 Non champ games

Nolby

32 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I've said it once and I'll say it again. It's bullshit for BC to be as bad as they were last year and then *apparently* this good this year. It makes no sense. **** the Lions so much. 

It really isn't. BC has game planned very well for Rourkes skill set. Quick passes getting the ball out fast and his accuracy has been solid. Once the D pinches up, their speed guys get deep. Add in a really solid run game and the OL simply doesn't have to do much. The O just has too many weapons, opposition defenses have to play neae perfect.

The BC defense does enough to win as well.

Rourke is 100% the real deal. He's beatable and shown some weakness tonight. But he faced some big time adversity today and overcame it. Right now, this is the BC/WPG division.

4 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

At least Lapo can say they are losing close.

Very much reminds me of the 2010 Bombers.

Man that Ottawa center was bad...I'd almost go as so far to say those snaps may have cost them the game...messed up Masoli and timing on at least 4 occasions...could have been difference.

Rourke battled for sure...but film is piling up...pressured he makes bad decisions...typical for a 2nd year guy...and he needs to learn to self preserve running...he's not a running back and is gonna get killed. Like any QB they should take advantage of busts and he did about 5 times against T.O and again tonight...if he doesn't get that then he performs the quick short pass game as bread and butter...but teams will start to feast and bottle that up and then we will see what he has.

And again...a typical Lapo called game...good enough to just lose..

So based on points against after 3 games and TD's allowed...I guess WPG is top defense now? And they just getting rolling...next week's game will be interesting and I sure entertaining...hope the BC fans show up

Frustrating game but good. Ott is good but just not good enough to pull out wins. I feel like Lapo gets canned and some one else walks into a team that becomes very good very quickly. Maybe with bob dyce at the helm. 

bc still seems like an over achiever to me. I look forward to seeing how they deal with real adversity. They won’t get games like they’ve played this year vs us. It’s going to be an ugly gutter bar brawl. The uglier the game the better for us. 

rourke is good. Not going to anoint him as great now or this year. At this point he’s a more mobile version of what we saw from early Dane evans. A mix of Dane and fajardo. Dangerous and lofty potential. But we’ve seen lots of Casey printers flash and then fizzle. 

1 hour ago, wpgallday1960 said:

Poor Lapo. He’s going to be pulling his hair out. Again.

Dude is already on the same level as Homer,he's only got 2 spaghetti strands left

1 hour ago, Booch said:

Man that Ottawa center was bad...I'd almost go as so far to say those snaps may have cost them the game...messed up Masoli and timing on at least 4 occasions...could have been difference.

Rourke battled for sure...but film is piling up...pressured he makes bad decisions...typical for a 2nd year guy...and he needs to learn to self preserve running...he's not a running back and is gonna get killed. Like any QB they should take advantage of busts and he did about 5 times against T.O and again tonight...if he doesn't get that then he performs the quick short pass game as bread and butter...but teams will start to feast and bottle that up and then we will see what he has.

So based on points against after 3 games and TD's allowed...I guess WPG is top defense now? And they just getting rolling...next week's game will be interesting and I sure entertaining...hope the BC fans show up

I'd love to see Bighill or if BA was back just level Rourke after he takes off

1 hour ago, wbbfan said:

Frustrating game but good. Ott is good but just not good enough to pull out wins. I feel like Lapo gets canned and some one else walks into a team that becomes very good very quickly. Maybe with bob dyce at the helm. 

bc still seems like an over achiever to me. I look forward to seeing how they deal with real adversity. They won’t get games like they’ve played this year vs us. It’s going to be an ugly gutter bar brawl. The uglier the game the better for us. 

rourke is good. Not going to anoint him as great now or this year. At this point he’s a more mobile version of what we saw from early Dane evans. A mix of Dane and fajardo. Dangerous and lofty potential. But we’ve seen lots of Casey printers flash and then fizzle. 

Just a typical LaPo game. Seen it a million times. 

20 minutes ago, Nolby said:

Dude is already on the same level as Homer,he's only got 2 spaghetti strands left

I'd love to see Bighill or if BA was back just level Rourke after he takes off

If he runs the way he ran today he will be.

Edited by SpeedFlex27

2 hours ago, Booch said:

Many QBs get picked off on out routes.  Their the leading cause of pick sixes.

Yeah and why if u pressured and need to throw it away before the route has developed you don't try to force it ..as u saw the result..now was that a learning moment ...or like many many QBs before..and after ..a common mistake that continues..many in the heat of the game never correct it

11 hours ago, wbbfan said:

He's making games entertaining and that's all I want. I'll enjoy it while it lasts

Pretty much everything was against BC and they found a way to win. Rourke had his worst game of the year. Two picks and a fumble. Most of Ottawa's points came off those mistakes.

I'm very much looking forward to next week's game.

6 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

Pretty much everything was against BC and they found a way to win. Rourke had his worst game of the year. Two picks and a fumble. Most of Ottawa's points came off those mistakes.

I'm very much looking forward to next week's game.

I can't comment on the full game experience,  but from watching most of the 2nd half I noticed Masoli had numerous drive killing bad snaps and also two - three extremely questionable calls that were not made against the Lions that also would of benefited Ottawa greatly.    I wouldn't say based on what I saw that the Lions had everything stacked against them. 

Just now, Brandon said:

I can't comment on the full game experience,  but from watching most of the 2nd half I noticed Masoli had numerous drive killing bad snaps and also two - three extremely questionable calls that were not made against the Lions that also would of benefited Ottawa greatly.    I wouldn't say based on what I saw that the Lions had everything stacked against them. 

I was talking about the short week, the travel, no Burnham, Ottawa's week off to prepare, Powell back...

I thought the PI against the Lions in the end zone on 2 point conversion number 2 was a questionable call. Which 3 are you talking about?