Jersey's / Errata

Noeller

3 minutes ago, JCon said:

Ask me who my favorite non-Blue Bomber is now! ;)

I hope Andrew gets back to the GC but I hope it's still the same outcome. Go Bombers! No one is bigger than the club. 

Yeah, I've definitely been re-thinking who my next jersey will be.....

I hope Andrew steam rolls over everybody except us....especially the RIders though.

3 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

Hard to choose players in this day and age with all the 1 year contracts.

Can't go wrong going vintage...my 85 still looks as great as the day I bought it. My Poplawski 71 is a little beat up but comes out of the closet once in a while too. The way I figure it is current players need to see that Bomber legends are never forgotten, it may inspire them to be life long Bombers knowing that their jersey might still be in the stands decades after they retire because that is the kind of fans we are.

Edited by GCn20

7 minutes ago, JCon said:

Ask me who my favorite non-Blue Bomber is now! ;)

I hope Andrew gets back to the GC but I hope it's still the same outcome. Go Bombers! No one is bigger than the club. 

Agreed.  A week ago, I had two hopes for Harris - move into the Bombers top 5 all-time yards list & move into the CFL top 5 all-time rushing leaders.  Obviously he won't be doing the former but I'll still be pulling for him to do the latter.

I hope we'll see 33 jerseys in the stands years from now.  He may not have exited gracefully, but no one can deny his accomplishments while he wore the blue and gold.  Even though he's a bit salty right now, I wouldn't mind if at the end of the season, right after we pound the Argos into the dirt at IGF West, he signs a 1 day and retires a Bomber.

18 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Yeah, I've definitely been re-thinking who my next jersey will be.....

Ahh the eternal struggle!  I'm in the same boat since picking a name for a jersey is always tough for me.  In the past I would usually end up going with a past Bomber great but after back to back cups it's hard not to go with a current player (went with Willie J last time).

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e478zsw6ae5dbi37q36p9

2 hours ago, GCn20 said:

I hope Andrew steam rolls over everybody except us....especially the RIders though.

Can't go wrong going vintage...my 85 still looks as great as the day I bought it. My Poplawski 71 is a little beat up but comes out of the closet once in a while too. The way I figure it is current players need to see that Bomber legends are never forgotten, it may inspire them to be life long Bombers knowing that their jersey might still be in the stands decades after they retire because that is the kind of fans we are.

Just gotta give you a :1311_thumbsup_tone2:on a Joe Pop jersey. One of my favourite players back in the day.

2 hours ago, bigg jay said:

Ahh the eternal struggle!  I'm in the same boat since picking a name for a jersey is always tough for me.  In the past I would usually end up going with a past Bomber great but after back to back cups it's hard not to go with a current player (went with Willie J last time).

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e478zsw6ae5dbi37q36p9

People, people. There is only one clear choice here…….

3-ED0321-D-84-F7-4-B27-B9-F5-E53-AC080-D

6 minutes ago, sweep the leg said:

Agreed. I've always worn a Bob Cameron jersey.

I like getting current players. They serve as kind of a history of my fandom.

I’m going to get a Blue jersey this year. I was pretty settled on Brandon Alexander, but then we found out he’s hurt. So now I’m trying to talk myself into/out of a Brady jersey.

16 minutes ago, Dodge and Burn said:

I could talk OB stories and people all day...hmmm could be a good ongoing thread

Side note. I hate how our favourite site here has determined to us that only 2 threads is acceptable.

Andrew Harris bashing the bombers falls into a one of 2 topics. 

I get that we want to keep it focused but I feel we lose discussion because people don't keep up page by page and want to chime in on certain things and not others. Big stories should have their own thread.

How many times this month has trapper reiterated the same story we've been discussing for pages, days later. LOL

I know this was discussed in the past but maybe we could rehash the topic?

Ps lyle bauer is still trying to ruin the bombers 

Edited by CodyT

10 minutes ago, CodyT said:

Side note. I hate how our favourite site here has determined to us that only 2 threads is acceptable.

Andrew Harris bashing the bombers falls into a one of 2 topics. 

I get that we want to keep it focused but I feel we lose discussion because people don't keep up page by page and want to chime in on certain things and not others. Big stories should have their own thread.

How many times this month has trapper reiterated the same story we've been discussing for pages, days later. LOL

I know this was discussed in the past but maybe we could rehash the topic?

Ps lyle bauer is still trying to ruin the bombers 

I agree with this.

24 minutes ago, sweep the leg said:

I dont wear jerseys of anybody younger than me. Maybe that's weird, but it's just my thing.

And no offense to Trueblue, but I would never wear a jersey like that either. To each their own, I suppose...

So you’re  never going to buy another player jersey? Seems odd.

I like the idea of having a jersey of a player representing different generations of Bombers. I have Pop, Walby, Dunigan, Khari, Milt, DB, Stoddard, Armstrong, Roberts... But it kinda ends with that generation. I really should have got a Nichols at some point (I'm sure I'll find one on eBay eventually) and now I need one of the current Gen... I was leaning toward Harris, but maybe Demski. The wife got Bighill, so he's covered. Still pondering... We shall see. 

And ya, it's a huge jersey fail doing any jersey that's not a standard name and number of a current or former player. Blanks are bad, your own name is bad, anything but a former or current player name and number is bad. 

2 hours ago, sweep the leg said:

I dont wear jerseys of anybody younger than me. Maybe that's weird, but it's just my thing.

And no offense to Trueblue, but I would never wear a jersey like that either. To each their own, I suppose...

I'm the same way. I don't wear names of players younger than me, either. 

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

I like the idea of having a jersey of a player representing different generations of Bombers. I have Pop, Walby, Dunigan, Khari, Milt, DB, Stoddard, Armstrong, Roberts... But it kinda ends with that generation. I really should have got a Nichols at some point (I'm sure I'll find one on eBay eventually) and now I need one of the current Gen... I was leaning toward Harris, but maybe Demski. The wife got Bighill, so he's covered. Still pondering... We shall see. 

And ya, it's a huge jersey fail doing any jersey that's not a standard name and number of a current or former player. Blanks are bad, your own name is bad, anything but a former or current player name and number is bad. 

I may get a Raimey 27 or Minnick 54.