Jersey's / Errata

Noeller

2 hours ago, Noeller said:

I like the idea of having a jersey of a player representing different generations of Bombers. I have Pop, Walby, Dunigan, Khari, Milt, DB, Stoddard, Armstrong, Roberts... But it kinda ends with that generation. I really should have got a Nichols at some point (I'm sure I'll find one on eBay eventually) and now I need one of the current Gen... I was leaning toward Harris, but maybe Demski. The wife got Bighill, so he's covered. Still pondering... We shall see. 

And ya, it's a huge jersey fail doing any jersey that's not a standard name and number of a current or former player. Blanks are bad, your own name is bad, anything but a former or current player name and number is bad. 

Gosh, so many rules in the “how to be a fan”  handbook, it’s hard to keep track of them all. What about former players in a current form of the jersey that they never actually wore?

4 hours ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Gosh, so many rules in the “how to be a fan”  handbook, it’s hard to keep track of them all. What about former players in a current form of the jersey that they never actually wore?

I did this with my Odell Willis jersey, got it for Christmas the year they went to the cup (2011) he then got a DUI and signed elsewhere the immesiate next season.

Had it restitched to a player that'd never get traded - Kenny Ploen.

11 minutes ago, sweep the leg said:

Retro jerseys. 

It just seems limiting. 

But no gatekeeping here - you do you.

As a similar - but very different - arbitrary rule, I never buy jerseys of people I never saw play or who isn't currently playing. I want the jersey I wear to represent the present. So I can see my fandom as I watched.

My last jersey was Harris, who is a few months younger than me, so I guess my current jerseys would have ended with my Cory Watson jersey.

10 hours ago, Noeller said:

I like the idea of having a jersey of a player representing different generations of Bombers. I have Pop, Walby, Dunigan, Khari, Milt, DB, Stoddard, Armstrong, Roberts... But it kinda ends with that generation. I really should have got a Nichols at some point (I'm sure I'll find one on eBay eventually) and now I need one of the current Gen... I was leaning toward Harris, but maybe Demski. The wife got Bighill, so he's covered. Still pondering... We shall see. 

And ya, it's a huge jersey fail doing any jersey that's not a standard name and number of a current or former player. Blanks are bad, your own name is bad, anything but a former or current player name and number is bad. 

Definitely going with Alexander now that he's locked up.

22 hours ago, Noeller said:

Yeah, I've definitely been re-thinking who my next jersey will be.....

Uptown sports in Portage place mall is family owned by my cousin's, if you're looking for a jersey or anyone else here it would definitely help out a smaller sports store. Just call for prices! They've also got autographed pictures,cards,other sports (obviously) give em a call.

Edited by Nolby

23 minutes ago, Nolby said:

Uptown sports in Portage place mall is family owned by my cousin's, if you're looking for a jersey or anyone else here it would definitely help out a smaller sports store. Just call for prices! They've also got autographed pictures,cards,other sports (obviously) give em a call.

I have bought many items from them. Great people, extremely helpful, and their jersey customization is cheaper than other places and all quality pro-stitch accurate to the era. Love that store!

8 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

I have bought many items from them. Great people, extremely helpful, and their jersey customization is cheaper than other places and all quality pro-stitch accurate to the era. Love that store!

They're both from Saskatchewan,love their team and travel home for many home games,fun talking football with them. I get no money or deals by promoting,just trying to help em out,can say Nolan suggested the store if you want.

1 minute ago, Noeller said:

Definitely love supporting local but when it comes to Bombers stuff I try to only buy directly from the team. This league and this team needs the money. 

Agreed for Bomber gear but I will to to a place like this for stuff the team doesn't sell, like autographed memorabilia.

1 minute ago, Nolby said:

They're both from Saskatchewan,love their team and travel home for many home games,fun talking football with them. I get no money or deals by promoting,just trying to help em out,can say Nolan suggested the store if you want.

They're RIDERS fans????? 

Oi. 

4 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

Agreed for Bomber gear but I will to to a place like this for stuff the team doesn't sell, like autographed memorabilia.

Me as well. Most of my purchases from Uptown are Team Canada hockey jerseys and other stuff (glassware, mini helmets) not sold in the Bomber Store. I agree money back to the club is important, but these guys deserve a shout out too. 

Since we are on the topic of jerseys and errata, does anyone have inside info on when the new Grey Cup rings are being unveiled. And is it time we got an individual banner for each championship instead of lumping all the wins under one banner? Just a small pet peeve. 

Edited by TrueBlue4ever

8 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Since we are on the topic of jerseys and errata, does anyone have inside info on when the new Grey Cup rings are being unveiled. And is it time we got an individual banner for each championship instead of lumping all the wins under one banner? Just a small pet peeve. 

Were going to need a bigger stadium then lol.