CFL Awards (Still Schenelys To Me)

My only questions are: Who will be the undeserving winners?

These are who I think will be chosen.  (Not necessarily my picks nor the most deserving choices)

Z. Collaros, S. Lawrence, B. Lokombo, S. Bryant, D. Dedmon, J. Williams, R. Dinwiddie.

Edited by Pete Catan's Ghost

I wouldn't be surprised to see Dinwiddie win for coach because of what he did with the team that he had.  O'sh maintained the culture and consistency that he had with the team from 2019.  I think it will depend on what the voters value more in their vote for Coach of the Year.

100% Biggie deserved to win as the representative of the most dominant defense in the league by a long shot.

Just now, Sard said:

I wouldn't be surprised to see Dinwiddie win for coach because of what he did with the team that he had.  O'sh maintained the culture and consistency that he had with the team from 2019.  I think it will depend on what the voters value more in their vote for Coach of the Year.

100% Biggie deserved to win as the representative of the most dominant defense in the league by a long shot.

If this was a thing, Osh would have won at least once in the past 5 years or so. It's not a thing.....Osh is gonna win unanimously. If Winwiddie had made it to the big game, then maybe he gets a vote or two, but this won't be close. 

Osh should win...should have already....but this yr should be a win based on the culmination of what he has done...he doesn't win it is a joke...same for Bryant...got soooooo screwed over in 2019...they should really hand him 2 trophies this yr....what a shame, but in the end he got the big trophy and all of Canada seen who was the best O-lineman in the Grey Cup

Zack and Biggie should win too...but I have a gut feeling Biggie gets screwed over....but he will make his statement on Sunday

18 minutes ago, Booch said:

Osh should win...should have already....but this yr should be a win based on the culmination of what he has done...he doesn't win it is a joke...same for Bryant...got soooooo screwed over in 2019...they should really hand him 2 trophies this yr....what a shame, but in the end he got the big trophy and all of Canada seen who was the best O-lineman in the Grey Cup

Zack and Biggie should win too...but I have a gut feeling Biggie gets screwed over....but he will make his statement on Sunday

Barfed in my mouth, but I put Lawrence ahead because he was runner-up in /19 and plays for the host site. No way do I think he is more deserving. 

Edited by Pete Catan's Ghost

there's absolutely no way Bighill doesn't win tonight. The national media knows (there's plenty of talking head buzz on the Twitters) how good this Bombers D is (record setting, "generationally" good) and he'll win as the representative of that defense. Marshall Ferguson, dyed-in-the-wool Can'ts fan, said "Bighill is the best linebacker in the league, full stop" earlier this week. That, to me, speaks to how the national media view Bighill and the Bombers D. Biggie unanimously tonight. 

4 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

MOS should win, because this is the first year he's had a dominant team. Before that he was the coach of a middle grade team, so no one outside of the 'Peg would vote for him.

I just wanted to share this again so everyone can laugh at it as much as I did......

When does the voting actually happen? I’m not sure Hamilton making the Cup would change things because the vote is supposed to be on regular season anyway. Having said that I’m glad Pete Ghost put up this thread, because I have dreaded Simoni winning but fear Biggie will get the Stanley Bryant 2019 treatment.

Zach is a lock given the chatter about him and the team success this year.

Biggie absolutely should win as he was the leader of the best defence the league has seen in maybe 60 years. And his biggest strength (being swept up in the “Winnipeg was so much better they should get all the awards” mentality) is also the biggest weakness (“the Bombers were a team defence, Simoni carried his squad more”) and their black and white stats were similar. I hate the fact that Lawrence’s dirty play gets glossed over so much, he should lose votes for that alone. 

Bryant either gets the redemption vote for being stiffed in 2019 and then embarrassing the voters with his and Van Zyel’s respective performances in the Grey Cup proving he got jobbed, or the voters pull another “he’s won, time to spread it around” attitude. 

I’m more confident than most that O’Shea wins this easily over Dinwiddie, even if playoffs don’t matter. This team was SO much better than the other 8 this year that his coaching and team building cannot be ignored, especially after last year’s win. And Dinwiddie’s most memorable coaching move was absolutely making a clusterf*ck of clock management against BC and fluking out a win because their kicker sucked.