Suckskatchewan @ Champs PGT

JCon

22 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I'm relatively outspoken about being a high-function depressive and anxious person. I'm on meds and in therapy for it, and manage life pretty well, all things considered. But I absolutely still battle anxiety every day, and no matter how confident I am in something (like us beating the ever loving piss out of The Gappers next weekend) there is ALWAYS that little voice in the back of my mind going bonkers about "What if.......??!!!!!" All this to say, I totally hear you........but I still think we win this game handily. We're just far, FAR better than every other team in the league. 

Noeller, I was not aware of your battle. Thank you for sharing, and I hope you are managing it all OK. Keep strong, and if you ever need anything or need an ear to listen, do not hesitate to ask. 

I think some anxiety here is completely normal, and healthy. We have all been scarred by past failures and disappointments, and as much as Rider bashing is a sport here, they have talent that can rise up and should be respected, if not feared. But I like the calm mentality that has pervaded this Bomber team. 1-0 is the goal each week, so I feel better that the 2001 overconfidence will not be as much of an issue. Quiet confidence, that is the mantra. Both Sask and Calgary played a “who wants to lose it more?” game Sunday, I would be stunned if the Bombers did not turn 4 turnovers into more than the 10 points Calgary could muster. Also think the LaPo “protect the ball” mantra will play to form with Collaros and Buck. Feeling good, confident, but not cocky. 

1 hour ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Noeller, I was not aware of your battle. Thank you for sharing, and I hope you are managing it all OK. Keep strong, and if you ever need anything or need an ear to listen, do not hesitate to ask. 

I think some anxiety here is completely normal, and healthy. We have all been scarred by past failures and disappointments, and as much as Rider bashing is a sport here, they have talent that can rise up and should be respected, if not feared. But I like the calm mentality that has pervaded this Bomber team. 1-0 is the goal each week, so I feel better that the 2001 overconfidence will not be as much of an issue. Quiet confidence, that is the mantra. Both Sask and Calgary played a “who wants to lose it more?” game Sunday, I would be stunned if the Bombers did not turn 4 turnovers into more than the 10 points Calgary could muster. Also think the LaPo “protect the ball” mantra will play to form with Collaros and Buck. Feeling good, confident, but not cocky. 

especially that last line......Leave the cocky crap up to them....we'll just go out and win

Something a bit over looked perhaps is the cheap crap the riders were pulling to try and get the stamps to take undisciplined penalties. They got lemon ejected for it. It's definitely a thing with that team but I don't see oshea letting his team get suckered into that stuff so we probably get a sizeable penalty advantage.

4 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Something a bit over looked perhaps is the cheap crap the riders were pulling to try and get the stamps to take undisciplined penalties. They got lemon ejected for it. It's definitely a thing with that team but I don't see oshea letting his team get suckered into that stuff so we probably get a sizeable penalty advantage.

I'd bet the team is hyper aware of the Riders pulling that ****, and if they weren't, they are after watching that game. They'll be on the lookout for it. I'd forgotten that in the Banjo Bowl that was a big scrap in the endzone after a BB TD, and 2 of their guys got ejected, while Harris (who probably could/should have been tossed) was only assessed a penalty. So there's a lotta history there...

7 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Darvin will do what he did in the GC - bet he's in their heads already.

2 hours ago, Noeller said:

I'm relatively outspoken about being a high-function depressive and anxious person. I'm on meds and in therapy for it, and manage life pretty well, all things considered. But I absolutely still battle anxiety every day, and no matter how confident I am in something (like us beating the ever loving piss out of The Gappers next weekend) there is ALWAYS that little voice in the back of my mind going bonkers about "What if.......??!!!!!" All this to say, I totally hear you........but I still think we win this game handily. We're just far, FAR better than every other team in the league. 

Much respect to you talking about your battle Noeller. I’m a daily fighter too in regards to mental health, really appreciate you being open about it. Makes others like myself more comfortable to share as well.

2 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

On paper and logically I am saying we win, no problem. My heart or maybe its natural pessimisim is worried.

Everytime an ounce of doubt creeps in I remember just how fantastic a group of leaders we have in our dressing room. They are a championship team that knows exactly what it takes to hoist the cup. If we had say just won our first playoff game in a zillion years then maybe I would fear we could not repeat the intensity needed but I know for sure we will be highly motivated and firing on all cylinders.

I think the Riders have a talented team but in the playoffs it comes down to whats in the players heart and in between their ears. Watching morons like Fajardo, Shaq Evans, Nick Marshall, and Ed Gainey lose composure on a regular basis I would say we have a massive advantage in that department. I mean really...Shaq Evans quit on his QB on Sunday...literally...Nick Marshall with a 15 yard roughing penalty has become a weekly occurrence,  Fajardo playing inconsistently from series to series, and Ed Gainey getting beat on a deep ball or two....these are weekly occurrences in Riderland this year and they occurred yesterday too. Do that against the Bombers and it will be a blowout. If Mitchell could hit the side of a barn this year the Riders would have gotten pasted yesterday. 

Edited by GCn20

5 minutes ago, greenrider55 said:

Much respect to you talking about your battle Noeller. I’m a daily fighter too in regards to mental health, really appreciate you being open about it. Makes others like myself more comfortable to share as well.

that's 100% my focus. We need to break down the walls....especially men. Not to drive this thread too far off the rails, but my lowest point resulted in suicidal thoughts so clear that I ended up in the psych ward of a hospital for a week. They got my meds and my mind straighter and I've been on a much better path for about a year and a half now. If I don't learn from that, and use it to help others, than it's all a complete waste. So we all have to talk about it as openly as we can. 

Alright, back to "**** the Riders"!! :)

1 minute ago, Noeller said:

that's 100% my focus. We need to break down the walls....especially men. Not to drive this thread too far off the rails, but my lowest point resulted in suicidal thoughts so clear that I ended up in the psych ward of a hospital for a week. They got my meds and my mind straighter and I've been on a much better path for about a year and a half now. If I don't learn from that, and use it to help others, than it's all a complete waste. So we all have to talk about it as openly as we can. 

Alright, back to "**** the Riders"!! :)

Glad that you are in a much better place, my Brother.

1 hour ago, Geebrr said:

I hesitate to say tickets look like they are flying because Ticketmaster will show something different on like Thursday.

But based on what is shown today a lot of the remaining tickets have been snatched up.

And TM just added another 4 full rows of seats to a section in the upper deck.

It would be great if the site was accurate. Particularly for people who may have bought seats higher up when lower was available.

What a ******* gong show this is 

9 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

Barker also said it takes a year to be right.

It happened in 2019 didn't it? 

I think that Bo is going the way of Travis Lulay, Khari and Matt Nichols.  Once those shoulders go, and these guys get over a certain age, they ain't never going back again to their former prime.