Burke

Adrenaline_x

Doesnt Marcel call the plays?

Thought did rummage around in my head at one point this weekend. I'm having a tough time thinking MB called for a knee. If he did, I'm sure Burke would have tossed him under the bus in the post-game.

I'm still waiting for Burke to be fired. Hopefully today.

Yes, out of the playoffs. Team going nowhere. The Friday meltdown on the field, taking a knee & then throwing Demond Washington under the bus. Enough is  enough. Get rid of the guy. Season is done.

So here's another thing that should be brought up... I know everyone is loving Walters right now but don't we raise an eyebrow having to use a guy like Ford at rb right now when Garrett would in my mind anyway be a better option for the team as a full time starter? Seems that maybe they were too quick to cut the guy. 

Cant fire him today.  Who replaces him, MB?

And then who keeps the D from completely sinking to the bottom of the ocean?

MB for the rest of the year. At least he won't toss decent players under the bus. I'm tired of Burke pointing fingers, especially when he points out guys who have been working hard and doing a good job.

The D is what the D is.

So here's another thing that should be brought up... I know everyone is loving Walters right now but don't we raise an eyebrow having to use a guy like Ford at rb right now when Garrett would in my mind anyway be a better option for the team as a full time starter? Seems that maybe they were too quick to cut the guy. 

I still think Walters need to be AGM for a couple more years. We need to do a search for a GM, the it should have already been started.

Walters is looking good because Mack was asleep at the wheel...  Walters found import tackles and signed some castoffs - but all GMs (except Mack) do that... I would agree that the jury is still out - i.e. Bo Smith, Levi Brown, etc...

However, I do think that Walters ends up as our full-time GM - there is such a tiny window to sign Collaros or anyone before the Ottawa draft... if he gets that done, how do you fire/demote him after that?  

If he doesn't get it done, is there really time to get a new GM in place before free agency?  If Higgins or someone is available, they would have to be in here by mid-December at the latest.  

We saw it last night where BC was able to strech the field and get a walk off FG for the win.  All we needed was one or two quick passes and step out of bounds and maybe a strong run up the gut for FG range.  I know SD missed earlier in the game but i'm sure he could have at least kicked it through the back of the end zone.  Whats the harm in throwing to the outdise near the sideline?  It's likely not going to get picked off.  Absoutly brutal call by who ever made the call. 

I still think Walters need to be AGM for a couple more years. We need to do a search for a GM, the it should have already been started.

I agree.  I'm not totally sold on the guy either.  I mean, yay for bringing players in, but that doesn't make you a good GM.  It just means you're actually doing some work.

Walters is looking good because Mack was asleep at the wheel...  Walters found import tackles and signed some castoffs - but all GMs (except Mack) do that... I would agree that the jury is still out - i.e. Bo Smith, Levi Brown, etc...

However, I do think that Walters ends up as our full-time GM - there is such a tiny window to sign Collaros or anyone before the Ottawa draft... if he gets that done, how do you fire/demote him after that?  

If he doesn't get it done, is there really time to get a new GM in place before free agency?  If Higgins or someone is available, they would have to be in here by mid-December at the latest.  

Chances are Mack would have brought in the same tackles just because it's the scouting that finds players and we have the same scouts, other than that Kelly is the only guy Walters has brought in that has made an actual impact so far. People are freaking out cause the guy said the right things and brought in a couple bodies, but Mack brought in bodies when he needed them too, just tended to be from a different source. The amount of crap that Mack gets thrown at him is too damned high and because he made such a good scape goat Walters has a pretty easy job. Never mind that the biggest mistake is still there (Burke) and the team still has no life and still regularly gets out coached and continually shows no signs of life. 

Chances are Mack would have brought in the same tackles just because it's the scouting that finds players and we have the same scouts, other than that Kelly is the only guy Walters has brought in that has made an actual impact so far. People are freaking out cause the guy said the right things and brought in a couple bodies, but Mack brought in bodies when he needed them too, just tended to be from a different source. The amount of crap that Mack gets thrown at him is too damned high and because he made such a good scape goat Walters has a pretty easy job. Never mind that the biggest mistake is still there (Burke) and the team still has no life and still regularly gets out coached and continually shows no signs of life. 

Except Mack didn't bring in those guys.  He brought in Taormina, Boatman and Simmons... maybe as usual he was going off his 'gut' instead of listening to his scouts ...anyway, whatever.  Walters found us a new tackle prospect, Mack didn't.  The best player on our OL is a holdover from the Kelly days - that is sad.

As for Burke, everyone was pretty excited when he came here and everyone kind of knew he was the next HC after Lapo...  the biggest mistake Mack made was not Burke, it was cheaping out on Asst Coaches...  ignoring the OL...  not signing any substantial free agents... and... and... and...  maybe there is no one 'biggest' mistake.

Except Mack didn't bring in those guys.  He brought in Taormina, Boatman and Simmons... maybe as usual he was going off his 'gut' instead of listening to his scouts ...anyway, whatever.  Walters found us a new tackle prospect, Mack didn't.  The best player on our OL is a holdover from the Kelly days - that is sad.

As for Burke, everyone was pretty excited when he came here and everyone kind of knew he was the next HC after Lapo...  the biggest mistake Mack made was not Burke, it was cheaping out on Asst Coaches...  ignoring the OL...  not signing any substantial free agents... and... and... and...  maybe there is no one 'biggest' mistake.

Had to isolate this because a) he doesn't pick the assistants and B) we actually have/had a few of the higher paid assistants in the league.

Oh wait, you think Craig Dickenson works for free, right? And I suppose Gary Crowton came up here with a D1 resume as a hobby.

Had to isolate this because a) he doesn't pick the assistants and B) we actually have/had a few of the higher paid assistants in the league.

Oh wait, you think Craig Dickenson works for free, right? And I suppose Gary Crowton came up here with a D1 resume as a hobby.

You know I like Dickenson... great signing.  I liked the Burke signing too.  But aside from that, our staff should be pretty cheap - Creehan shouldn't have gotten a big raise after last season...?? 

Crowton... yes, I think he did come cheap - the dude was unemployed.  No one was calling.  No way he should have been getting top CFL dollars.

The entire staff under Lapo was rock bottom wages...  we still have no QB coach, just added an RB coach this year...  

How do we know that Mack didn't have influence with asst coaches... he seems to have pushed personnel decisions, prospects, playing time, etc...

Not really, Garrett didn't show enough in camp after his injury, we have another RB in camp now who looked good with the Vikes, and on film

yeah and Burke was a hell of a DC, but we did get a chance to look at what Burke was all about as a HC last season, there were lots of red flags, not looking at those red flags and deciding to look at all potential candidates in the offseason was a huge mistake, easily the biggest by far. Was easy to over look the Lapo hiring just because Mack was freshly back to the CFL, but striking out a second time on the head coaching hire is pretty damned unforgiving. Burke should have been the first person fired from this team, but GMs don't get the chance to fire a head coach in 2 consecutive seasons so Mack was first to go, doesn't mean Burke wasn't the biggest misstep he made.