Burke

Adrenaline_x

Why not develop Pencer? He wasn't that bad last game. Morley and Sorenson got away with more than one bad game.

Morley's gotten away with a bad career...

Morley was a stud coming out of college drafted by the Stamps in 2003. Then he went to the NFL, failed at Green bay, came back & was never the same player. It's liuke the NFL sucked half of the talent out of him when he was down there. That seems to happen to a lot of players when they try & don't make it in the NFL. They come back to the CFL & are nowhere near the players they were when they left.

Did Burke just take another shot at Joey Elliott in his presser today...  wow.  I wonder what he did to piss Burke off.

What a bunch of fluff questions - whoever said that Winnipeg media is tough on coaches...

If I had Max Hall, Jason Boltus and Justin Goltz as my Quarterbacks I wouldn't be taking shots at anyone.

Did Burke just take another shot at Joey Elliott in his presser today...  wow.  I wonder what he did to piss Burke off.

What a bunch of fluff questions - whoever said that Winnipeg media is tough on coaches...

If I had Max Hall, Jason Boltus and Justin Goltz as my Quarterbacks I wouldn't be taking shots at anyone.

Hall may stick around for awhile. I'm okay with that. maybe he will become our starter, maybe a backup. I'm interested in seeing Levi Brown & what he can do.

You know what the saddest part is? We're all sitting here picking someone on the roster and wishing them to be successful, that's a crappy situation. Thanks Tim Burke! 

I'm a bit lost here.  Your posts have kind of drifted from calling the rest of us out for blaming Mack for 'everything' but now you just blame Burke for 'everything'...

Burke is terrible but the bombers haven't won since mid-2011...  two different HC, four OC, three DC, two ST - you're telling me that all of these guys were incapable of motivating the fine talent that Mack assembled?

Until we get a QB it doesn't matter how talented the rest of the roster is.

I don't blame Tim Burke for losing. I blame Tim Burke for losing in the most ridiculous, frustrating to watch, uninspiring, unintelligent and disheartening way possible on a regular basis.

Tell us how you really feel  :)

I don't blame Tim Burke for losing. I blame Tim Burke for losing in the most ridiculous, frustrating to watch, uninspiring, unintelligent and disheartening way possible on a regular basis.

Oh come on.  Lapo was just as frustratingly conservative as Burke...  our early 2011 season was more based on Lobo's performance as anything else.

The team's real problem is - no QB (thanks Buck), no development of the OL, random drafting, no depth (NI or import)

You know what the saddest part is? We're all sitting here picking someone on the roster and wishing them to be successful, that's a crappy situation. Thanks Tim Burke! 

I'm a bit lost here.  Your posts have kind of drifted from calling the rest of us out for blaming Mack for 'everything' but now you just blame Burke for 'everything'...

Burke is terrible but the bombers haven't won since mid-2011...  two different HC, four OC, three DC, two ST - you're telling me that all of these guys were incapable of motivating the fine talent that Mack assembled?

With Lapo the team at least competed. With Burke the team just rolls over and dies and that is just unacceptable. I don't think Lapo was all that as a head coach but he was 100 times better than Burke was. 

With Lapo the team at least competed. With Burke the team just rolls over and dies and that is just unacceptable. I don't think Lapo was all that as a head coach but he was 100 times better than Burke was. 

Agreed.  But this all leads back to Mack...  Lapo was struggling in 2012 (after Mack influenced him to cut Kent) and then it finally seems like we are turning the corner with a close game at BC and the next day he is turfed.

Anyway, whatever...  we suck.

Oh come on.  Lapo was just as frustratingly conservative as Burke...  our early 2011 season was more based on Lobo's performance as anything else.

The team's real problem is - no QB (thanks Buck), no development of the OL, random drafting, no depth (NI or import)

I don't know what you're talking about with no development of the OL ... we've had plenty of development. Greaves has developed into a starter, Swiston is right there if he could stay healthy and Pencer is making progress if Burke would ever let him work through the same struggles guys like Boatman and Morley have been allowed to work through. It's not a good OL by any means but we're well into the process of developing a handful of prospects.

Agreed.  But this all leads back to Mack...  Lapo was struggling in 2012 (after Mack influenced him to cut Kent) and then it finally seems like we are turning the corner with a close game at BC and the next day he is turfed.

Anyway, whatever...  we suck.

and I absolutely hated the timing of when Lapo got fired and said as much at the time. It of course all leads back to the GM but everyone is focussed on the players when in reality it should be the failure at the coaching level that people are most vocal about cause that's where the failure was the biggest and most notable.

I don't know what you're talking about with no development of the OL ... we've had plenty of development. Greaves has developed into a starter, Swiston is right there if he could stay healthy and Pencer is making progress if Burke would ever let him work through the same struggles guys like Boatman and Morley have been allowed to work through. It's not a good OL by any means but we're well into the process of developing a handful of prospects.

Maybe I should have used 'progression'... or maybe no plan.

Khan was average but we replace him with first Kowalczuk and Sorenson with no experience.  I know you like Sorenson but he is the worst Centre in the league.

Labatte leaves so we just insert Greaves - Greaves might be a starting but he is an average starter.

Agree with Swiston and Pencer... but that's my point, other teams let their young guys like Norman and Neufeld work through struggles - we have had two years of Taormina and Boatman... now 3 import OL.

We dumped Dunn without him getting any playing time yet still hang on to Kowalczuk...??  Sign Dewitt and then don't even take a look at him in camp?

Lots of OL available over the last few years, Mack just sat on his hands.

and I absolutely hated the timing of when Lapo got fired and said as much at the time. It of course all leads back to the GM but everyone is focussed on the players when in reality it should be the failure at the coaching level that people are most vocal about cause that's where the failure was the biggest and most notable.

Exactly.. And MACK was responsible for selecting them all on his own.

Exactly.. And MACK was responsible for selecting them all on his own.

Yeah and when have I ever said otherwise? If you'll recall I said last season after they canned Lapo that the next guy Mack hired for head coach would ultimately decide his fate as a GM right? 

I still lay a lot of most of this on Mack... but after tonight's game, there is just nothing I can say to excuse Burke's poor coaching.  This team is the worst I have seen in pretty much, ever.  Some good players but not many.

MB does not appear to be the answer, especially if he thought Boltus was a reasonable prospect.  Quinton Porter is a better QB than anyone we have - and that's bad.

Burke should be gone no matter what, at this point I really don't really care if it's done tomorrow or at the end of the season. Actually I'd rather not see any of the coaches back next year, with maybe the exception of Craig Dickenson. I'm not a big fan of Bellefueille, but I do appreciate him coming into a situation like this.

One thing that has really annoyed the crap out of me is how Burke is always talking to the defensive players and Creehan. He's the head coach and should either be involved in all facets of the game or take the Wally Buono approach, manage the coaches and players, and only get involved when you need to.