2021 (??) CFL Season

Noeller

2 hours ago, Noeller said:

As with Fajardo, I'm extremely skeptical that Vernon Adams just suddenly figured out how to be a QB in this league.... I need more proof.

Adams was an overnight sensation that took 4 years to make it. Once qbs can read defenses & get comfortbale with coverages the sky's the limit.

I am not really sold on Fajardo, he had a ton of receivers making him look pretty good last year on poorly thrown 50/50 balls and his spin o rama got figured out towards the end of last year. He is a competent QB but he rode his early season success for the most part last year. If the Riders lose Shaq to FA or NFL it will be tough for Faj this year. That guy saved him from about a dozen interceptions.

19 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

I am not really sold on Fajardo, he had a ton of receivers making him look pretty good last year on poorly thrown 50/50 balls and his spin o rama got figured out towards the end of last year. He is a competent QB but he rode his early season success for the most part last year. If the Riders lose Shaq to FA or NFL it will be tough for Faj this year. That guy saved him from about a dozen interceptions.

Starting 17 games and playing in all 18 that season, he played pretty well and put up good numbers; competent is a perfect descriptor. One competent/good season does not a career make, though. And his MOP nomination seemed to inflate not only his own head but his fervent green supporters in the rectangle province.

IIRC, he was the only starting QB to not sustain an injury in 2019. All that said, I'm not sold on the guy. And nobody looking at him objectively should be, either.

I don't think you guys are looking at Farjardo objectively at all. He was supposed to be their backup QB. He managed to get them into 1st place in the West. He threw for more than 4300 yards, 18 TD's to 8 picks.  That's an objectively great job for a first year starter. Does that make him a top QB? Not in my mind, but if he does it again next year, he's got to be in that conversation.

OMG, CFL talk... Bombers Discussion!!!!

tenor.gif?itemid=13868146.

Thank you, Thank you,Thank you,Thank you,Thank you,Thank you,Thank you,Thank you,Thank you,Thank you,Thank you,Thank you,Thank you,Thank you,Thank you,Thank you,Thank you,Thank you,Thank you,Thank you,Thank you,Thank you,Thank you,Thank you,Thank you,Thank you,Thank you,Thank you,Thank you,Thank you,Thank you,Thank you,Thank you,Thank you,Thank you,Thank you,Thank you,Thank you,Thank you,Thank you,Thank you,Thank you,Thank you,Thank you,Thank you,Thank you,Thank you,Thank you,Thank you,Thank you,Thank you,Thank you,Thank you,Thank you,Thank you,Thank you,Thank you,Thank you,Thank you,Thank you,Thank you,Thank you,Thank you,Thank you,Thank you,Thank you,Thank you,Thank you,Thank you,Thank you,Thank you,Thank you,Thank you,Thank you,Thank you,Thank you,Thank you,Thank you,Thank you,Thank you,Thank you,Thank you,Thank you,Thank you,Thank you,Thank you,Thank you,Thank you,Thank you,Thank you,Thank you,Thank you,Thank you,Thank you,Thank you,Thank you,Thank you,Thank you,Thank you,Thank you,Thank you,Thank you,Thank you,Thank you,Thank you,Thank you,Thank you,Thank you,Thank you,Thank you,Thank you,Thank you,Thank you,Thank you,Thank you,Thank you,Thank you,

I'll post this here.. not sure if anyone remembers him.. Tobias Dorzon or Blowdy (how it's pronounced not spelled) Dorzon.. former RB with WBB.. 

Well he's a famous chef now and I just saw him on Food Network's Guys Grocery Games and the dude won 20000. 

Quite the story there. Look up Tobias Dorzon on Google. 

Just now, Goalie said:

Edited by Goalie

3 hours ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Starting 17 games and playing in all 18 that season, he played pretty well and put up good numbers; competent is a perfect descriptor. One competent/good season does not a career make, though. And his MOP nomination seemed to inflate not only his own head but his fervent green supporters in the rectangle province.

IIRC, he was the only starting QB to not sustain an injury in 2019. All that said, I'm not sold on the guy. And nobody looking at him objectively should be, either.

Summed it up well. I think its all about how and if he adapts as a player. In order to maintain a level of performance you have to get better each year. If he comes back un improved he will be a career backup / fringe starter. If he turns the corner and develops he has a chance to be a starter for a good while in the league. 

The offense was heavily tailored to create success. Teams are going to play him and the riders offense differently. He does have tremendous athleticism, youth, and 4 years of being in the cfl. And hes a scrappy competitor. 

2 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Summed it up well. I think its all about how and if he adapts as a player. In order to maintain a level of performance you have to get better each year. If he comes back un improved he will be a career backup / fringe starter. If he turns the corner and develops he has a chance to be a starter for a good while in the league. 

The offense was heavily tailored to create success. Teams are going to play him and the riders offense differently. He does have tremendous athleticism, youth, and 4 years of being in the cfl. And hes a scrappy competitor. 

Well said. I don't think anyone should take away from his accomplishments in his first season as a starter. To suggest he performed well isn't some insult, either. He played well and did his job competently, which is to say in an efficient and capable way. What isn't objective about that opinion is beyond me. He's got the tools to be a starter in the CFL and his 2019 performance indicates that. But to label that great or outstanding is something with which I don't agree.

Furthermore, I question if he's in the MOP discussion if even one other starting QB in the West Division stays healthy for the balance of the 2019 season (Trevor Harris, for example). Or if the tainted test with Harris doesn't happen (there's a high likelihood he's MOP if that doesn't take place). This is merely me speaking hypothetically, to be clear. Circumstances outside of his performance helped his case and he was nominated seemingly by default (not dissimilar from Homer's brief career as an astronaut).

Homer Simpson Wtf GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

And FWIW, I felt Fajardo's teammate William Powell got snubbed. He was outstanding as the team's starting tailback (1,200+ combined yards, 14 total TDs, and very solid blocking) and arguably the second best in the league presently. I can't help but wonder how Fajardo would've fared without him, which is really no different than what Harris had done for Nichols during his tenure here (it's worth pointing out when considering the criticism Nichols received as the starting QB for the Bombers). 

10 hours ago, Eternal optimist said:

I think a much better question would be how well (or poor) will Nichols do in Toronto...

I expect Nichols will be sidelined due to injury by game 5.

6 hours ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Fajardo's O-line was barely good enough in 2019 and hasn't gotten any younger. Fajardo had better practice his sprinting and falling,