Covid-19

JCon

I had a bit of a wake up call over the weekend, when my anxiety and depression hit me SUPER hard and put a good scare into me, and I've decided that I'm not going to focus as much on the "negative". It's easy to say "I can't do this, I can't do that" because of COVID. So I'm choosing to focus on the things I will be able to do. Golf is going to be acceptable in a limited capacity. I'm fairly confident I'm going to be able to take my boat out and go fishing this summer. I'm going to spend more time in my backyard doing gardening and such. 

There's a ton of negative over all of us right now, and it's CRUCIAL for your own sanity to try and focus on every bit of positive you can find. 

47 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Welcome to the spring and summer of suck folks.

Are camp grounds closed for a period of time?  I wonder about beaches...for example will they actively prevent people from using Grand Beach.  If you're a cabin owner, can you go?  If they do re-open or allow gathering, beaches will see a lot of people with everything cancelled, I would think.

53 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I had a bit of a wake up call over the weekend, when my anxiety and depression hit me SUPER hard and put a good scare into me, and I've decided that I'm not going to focus as much on the "negative". It's easy to say "I can't do this, I can't do that" because of COVID. So I'm choosing to focus on the things I will be able to do. Golf is going to be acceptable in a limited capacity. I'm fairly confident I'm going to be able to take my boat out and go fishing this summer. I'm going to spend more time in my backyard doing gardening and such. 

There's a ton of negative over all of us right now, and it's CRUCIAL for your own sanity to try and focus on every bit of positive you can find. 

Honestly everyone needs to take this viewpoint. 

I am a pretty positive person, you can find enjoyable things in any situation, the key is to not let the weight of the negatives crush you. 

1 hour ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Are camp grounds closed for a period of time?  I wonder about beaches...for example will they actively prevent people from using Grand Beach.  If you're a cabin owner, can you go?  If they do re-open or allow gathering, beaches will see a lot of people with everything cancelled, I would think.

I don't know about MB, but in BC they are through the end of May.

I've got fathers day weekend booked and am just waiting to hear if it will be open or not.

24 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

CBC News Alerts - 
Canada's national coronavirus modelling forecast shows that  as of Monday morning, the median age for an infected person is 52, with a gender breakdown of 55% female and 45% male. Percentage of cases requiring hospitalization is 17.1%, with 5.5% of cases resulting in death.

The mortality rate for common influenza is 0.5 to 0.9%, and this is waaay higher, putting the lie to those who say its just another flu bug. 

2 hours ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

If they were smart they would book em for mid-late August.

I suspect they looked at it and found they couldn't get it done. Those travelling shows are booked for years in advance, if RRE could run in August a very good chance where ever they are normally booked can run too.