Covid-19

JCon

• 2 weeks later...

thankful for no super-negative reaction so far, but my arm is crazy sore. Have heard of that reaction, but never had it in the past. Apparently if you tense up your arm too tight while they're injecting you, it can happen. So maybe...? But if that's the worst of it, I'll gladly take it to be protected through this craziness. 

3 hours ago, Noeller said:

thankful for no super-negative reaction so far, but my arm is crazy sore. Have heard of that reaction, but never had it in the past. Apparently if you tense up your arm too tight while they're injecting you, it can happen. So maybe...? But if that's the worst of it, I'll gladly take it to be protected through this craziness. 

Interesting. If there really is a link between tensing your arm and getting soreness, you would think they would tell you. Or maybe they do?

Pretty much the only reaction I've had is some arm soreness. Felt like someone gave me a charley horse. Might have felt a slight fever the day after and a headache.

Guess I need to learn my lesson and not flex like Arnold whenever I roll up my sleeve.

On 2023-10-17 at 5:51 PM, WildPath said:

Interesting. If there really is a link between tensing your arm and getting soreness, you would think they would tell you. Or maybe they do?

Pretty much the only reaction I've had is some arm soreness. Felt like someone gave me a charley horse. Might have felt a slight fever the day after and a headache.

Guess I need to learn my lesson and not flex like Arnold whenever I roll up my sleeve.

I wanted 2 shots in the same arm. That may or may not have been a good decision. I got my shots 2 days ago but my right arm was extremely sore yesterday. Today, all fine. No soreness or feeling sick. Good to go. 

• 3 weeks later...

It's good to see the clinics are busy. We were at our closest small towns clinic set up in the hall. They said it had been busy the whole time. Some of the workers said they were in Sanford the day before and were so busy they ran out of shots. I was a bit worried the public was getting " vaccination tired " but apparently not.

37 minutes ago, BaconNBigBlue said:

Booked for my next Covid booster towards the end of November.  I normally get a sore arm so I'm hoping the same thing again this time.  When I got my shingles vaccine, I was crazy sick for almost 2 days.  The hardest hit I've been from any vaccine I've received in my life.

the first or 2nd shot?

Since I got my flu & Covid shots in the middle of October, I've been to the Doobie Bros concert at the Saddledome, Then flew to & from Seattle in two crowded planes.  Dealt with big crowds at the Seattle airport & went to the Seahawks-Browns game last Sunday at Lumen Field. So far, so good. I'd have been hesitant to do most of those things without being vaccinated. I try to wash my hands with hand sanitizer as much as I can. 

22 hours ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

the first or 2nd shot?

This will be my third booster.

21 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Since I got my flu & Covid shots in the middle of October, I've been to the Doobie Bros concert at the Saddledome, Then flew to & from Seattle in two crowded planes.  Dealt with big crowds at the Seattle airport & went to the Seahawks-Browns game last Sunday at Lumen Field. So far, so good. I'd have been hesitant to do most of those things without being vaccinated. I try to wash my hands with hand sanitizer as much as I can. 

We went on back to back cruises end of Sept early Oct.  Used hand sanitizer as often as possible.  Washed our hands before going to the buffets.  Also brought disposable gloves to use at the buffet so we didn't have to touch the tongs with who knows what may be on them.  Worked out well and no issues.