Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Deiter Fan

Argonauts sign QB Nichols to three-year deal

Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, WBBFanWest said:

I'm guessing you didn't check the 2019-2020 off season thread before you posted this.

Nope. I did not. Nor would I have thought that this wasn't worth it's own thread.

If the mods wish they may certainly exercise their option to nuke it.

Edited by Deiter Fan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I dont even bother with those long threads. Im not on here every day... and i dont think its worth it to surf through trying to find the last post you read. Ive actually stopped coming here because of that new system... i realize no one cares... and i dont care that no one cares. But i thought it might help to inform that it may not be the best system for everyone... so thats why i shared

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, James said:

I dont even bother with those long threads. Im not on here every day... and i dont think its worth it to surf through trying to find the last post you read. Ive actually stopped coming here because of that new system... i realize no one cares... and i dont care that no one cares. But i thought it might help to inform that it may not be the best system for everyone... so thats why i shared

Unfortunately we are not going to find a system that appeals to everybody.  
 

If it helps, you can click on the icon next to a thread that has unread posts, and it will bring you directly to your first unread post.  The software will also add a line above the first unread post as an extra visual cue as to where you left off. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Rich said:

If it helps, you can click on the icon next to a thread that has unread posts, and it will bring you directly to your first unread post.  The software will also add a line above the first unread post as an extra visual cue as to where you left off. 

This is probably my favourite feature....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Rich said:

Unfortunately we are not going to find a system that appeals to everybody.  
 

If it helps, you can click on the icon next to a thread that has unread posts, and it will bring you directly to your first unread post.  The software will also add a line above the first unread post as an extra visual cue as to where you left off. 

I honestly just didnt know about this feature! This really solves my problem... thanks a lot!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did anybody catch Matt Nichols interview after from Toronto.....  it was sometime in February as I caught it on CJOB while driving back from HSC all of February ( wife had a second brain bleed ).... anyways he commented about not liking the " game manager " moniker he acquired while he was in Winnipeg.  I thought that was pretty interesting,  maybe he didn't like Lapos play calling either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, NorthernSkunk said:

Did anybody catch Matt Nichols interview after from Toronto.....  it was sometime in February as I caught it on CJOB while driving back from HSC all of February ( wife had a second brain bleed ).... anyways he commented about not liking the " game manager " moniker he acquired while he was in Winnipeg.  I thought that was pretty interesting,  maybe he didn't like Lapos play calling either.

well no ****... they had f***ing hats made to make fun of it. This isn't news. I think he was fine with the play calling. He just didn't feel the label was accurate, and it wasn't. I've been re-watching the first half of last season, and Nichols was really really good, and took some chances. Went deep a lot actually. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Noeller said:

well no ****... they had f***ing hats made to make fun of it. This isn't news. I think he was fine with the play calling. He just didn't feel the label was accurate, and it wasn't. I've been re-watching the first half of last season, and Nichols was really really good, and took some chances. Went deep a lot actually. 

People here used the term to justify his play,  I thought it was for real.  Oops my bad then.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Noeller said:

well no ****... they had f***ing hats made to make fun of it. This isn't news. I think he was fine with the play calling. He just didn't feel the label was accurate, and it wasn't. I've been re-watching the first half of last season, and Nichols was really really good, and took some chances. Went deep a lot actually. 

He went deep a few times a game....  but out side of that it was predominately dink and dunk.   The guy was absolutely useless on any midrange passes or throwing to receivers in stride.  Night and day difference when Collaros played at the end of the season hitting guys like Bailey at full speed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Brandon said:

He went deep a few times a game....  but out side of that it was predominately dink and dunk.   The guy was absolutely useless on any midrange passes or throwing to receivers in stride.  Night and day difference when Collaros played at the end of the season hitting guys like Bailey at full speed. 

#LapoProblems.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, 17to85 said:

#LapoProblems

He had guys open and running routes ... You can't blame Lapo for inaccurate passes and zero ability to escape a rush.

Nichols was good before his first injury with us...after it was night and day different in his ability to make plays.

How many times can you blame Lapo when Nichols struggles to make a 10 yard pass where the receiver has to dive or stop completely and turn around and scoop a ball.

If Lapo was so bad then how come with Zach the offense had no issues moving the ball and the new receivers suddenly came to life and were involved in the plays.

Same with two seasons ago when Strev played as a normal qb (meaning not doing gadget trick plays each time)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Brandon said:

He had guys open and running routes ... You can't blame Lapo for inaccurate passes and zero ability to escape a rush.

Nichols was good before his first injury with us...after it was night and day different in his ability to make plays.

How many times can you blame Lapo when Nichols struggles to make a 10 yard pass where the receiver has to dive or stop completely and turn around and scoop a ball.

If Lapo was so bad then how come with Zach the offense had no issues moving the ball and the new receivers suddenly came to life and were involved in the plays.

Same with two seasons ago when Strev played as a normal qb (meaning not doing gadget trick plays each time)

Image tagged in creepy condescending wonka - Imgflip

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Brandon said:

He had guys open and running routes ... You can't blame Lapo for inaccurate passes and zero ability to escape a rush.

Nichols was good before his first injury with us...after it was night and day different in his ability to make plays.

How many times can you blame Lapo when Nichols struggles to make a 10 yard pass where the receiver has to dive or stop completely and turn around and scoop a ball.

If Lapo was so bad then how come with Zach the offense had no issues moving the ball and the new receivers suddenly came to life and were involved in the plays.

Same with two seasons ago when Strev played as a normal qb (meaning not doing gadget trick plays each time)

the more time he gets with a qb the lower their numbers get. How many times to I have to explain these things to you people? 

You watch, Ottawa is going to be a team that barely loses most of their games cause that's the Lapo way. 

He's not a new entity in the CFL, He's been doing his thing since 2002. We've seen it time and time again. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, 17to85 said:

the more time he gets with a qb the lower their numbers get. How many times to I have to explain these things to you people? 

You watch, Ottawa is going to be a team that barely loses most of their games cause that's the Lapo way. 

He's not a new entity in the CFL, He's been doing his thing since 2002. We've seen it time and time again. 

I'm not denying that LaPo was way to conservative... but don't make it seem like Nichols was playing at an elite level.  The guy struggled massively at making any intermediate passes.    

Night and day different in how he played after his initial injury with us.  Watch the games man,  look at how many times our receivers had to dive or turn back and dig out passes that were under thrown.  That was WITH great protection with the best o-line in the league.    

Your hate for LaPo has blinded you from seeing how shitty Nichols has been the last few years.   I'm sure LaPo and Ottawa will suck balls this year if they play... but just imagine how shitty Nichols will be without a great o-line and the best rb in the league.  I'll be surprised if they keep him for the full season.   MBT as insane as he is,  he can at least throw a 20 yard pass and can at least escape some pressure without turtling.  Nichols is toast.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...