Argonauts sign QB Nichols to three-year deal

Deiter Fan

12 hours ago, Floyd said:

Lapo and Nichols are Game Managers together...

Richie Hall was a bum until we had WillieJ and Bighill - maybe Lapo and Nichols win the lottery too

Ritchie Hall adapted. That's the big difference. Yes he got a talent upgrade, but he also made some changes. Hall was never a guy afraid of adjusting, he just really did get a bit passive at times, but was capable of adjusting. Lapo never changed.

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

Ritchie Hall adapted. That's the big difference. Yes he got a talent upgrade, but he also made some changes. Hall was never a guy afraid of adjusting, he just really did get a bit passive at times, but was capable of adjusting. Lapo never changed.

In one sense I am glad lapo never changed because we finally got the cup.

21 hours ago, 17to85 said:

the more time he gets with a qb the lower their numbers get. How many times to I have to explain these things to you people? 

You watch, Ottawa is going to be a team that barely loses most of their games cause that's the Lapo way

He's not a new entity in the CFL, He's been doing his thing since 2002. We've seen it time and time again. 

I 100% agree this is going to happen. Lapo loved to make every game come down to the last 3 minutes with a 50/50 chance at winning. Ottawa is going to win 6-7 games, lots of their losses are going to be under 5 points giving everyone feign hope. People will say it's the beginning of a turnaround, but it won't happen.

Although I'm also of the opinion Nichols couldn't navigate the pocket and had a popgun arm with no mobility and couldn't hit anyone in 10-15 yards.  

I'm playing both sides of the argument so I always come out on top.

Edited by Dr Zaius

7 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Coaches make names for themselves because they have the talent around them to execute their systems & win. Coaches that don't, lose. 

• 4 months later...
22 hours ago, Mark H. said:

I’d pay $$ to see a check down to Harris right now...

I have so many questions on this response....

1. When did we start Harris at LB in this scenario?
2. Is it still a check down if the pass from Nichols is intercepted by a former teammate?
3. Who are you paying in this scenario? The Argos, Nichols (bribing), the Bombers? Me?