O'Shea - Walters - Verbal Agreement

Ridermania

17 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

The guy has done a helluva job this season. 

When you listen to all the 1 on 1 interviews throughout the year, and especially now, in Grey Cup week, you realize how the players feel about their leader. They believe, they trust, and they have been instilled with a sense of importance and respect. This is no accident. They love their Coach.

Jefferson, Bighill, Nichols, Andrews, Bailey, Wolitarsky, Demski, Medlock. The list goes on and on. They want to win this for the man, and the city he represents, because that's what O’Shea believes in. 
Fully. Completely.

And this is no accident. What we were told right from the start is that they were building this team with character..with men of character. 
And this is where we are now. The Grey Cup.

I hope the boys win the Cup, for their Coach , for their city, and for themselves.

First couple of years i was not sold on MOS at all. But now despite being a bit stubborn( what coach isn't) and maybe too loyal it is hard to miss the respect MOS has and the great job he has done this year. Win or lose the Grey Cup we need to keep MOS here.

I was sold on Osh pretty much from Day 1. You can just tell he's a man. He knows how **** needs to be. Once Walters was able to turn over the roster completely, yiu started to see the results. But as far as Osh as a coach... If you were looking honestly, you knew from Day 1.

this is another one of those times that fall under 'winning fixes everything', lol.,.. Osh is a great 'players coach' but not a great football coach... how quickly we forgot all of the dumb coaching moves he has made, especially in big games... 2016 playoffs? 2017 playoffs? field goal and fake punt anyone?  and there have been many 'in game' gaffs along the way... his use of challenges, or not using them... you know them, you've witnesses them... and lets stop and think for just a moment, what would all have been saying  about not pulling Streveler if ZC came out in the next game and on the 1st play he suffers another concussion... which was a very real possibility...  or he just failed miserably... slightly less probable but possible, nobody could know for sure... there would have been a mob in the street with pitch forks and torches looking for him...

maybe being a good leader of men is enough as he does seem to be that, but he's not a great football mind... like I said, winning fixes everything...

47 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I was sold on Osh pretty much from Day 1. You can just tell he's a man. He knows how **** needs to be. Once Walters was able to turn over the roster completely, yiu started to see the results. But as far as Osh as a coach... If you were looking honestly, you knew from Day 1.

I was a big fan at first but that soured as he started doing some bizarre stuff and I began to question his intelligence. I said he was too green and that he had a lot to learn and it might take 10 years for him to get the needed experience. Well, it took 6 years and here he is in the championship game. Well done, MOS. I was a little off.

Just now, 66 Chevelle said:

just checked with the judges... they are willing accept almost any definition of the word 'great' as long as it is used to describe 'better than good to very good'...  

What I mean is, he is not likely to ever be a genius Xs and Os guy but he has improved and he may be a great player's coach that understands nuances of football and the men that play the game possibly better than any other coach in the league. 

For example, there was a moment this year, after a game with Ssk, when O'Shea had to be restrained from going after Craig Dickenson when one of the Riders concussed Chad Rempel. That moment sticks out for me because in an instant there was no doubt in any Bomber players' minds that O'Shea had the back of his players. That kind of thing is what can meld a group of individuals into a team. There were other things that happened too but that one really stuck out for me. I'd go through a brick wall for a coach that I knew had my back like that.

If Oshea can bring us a cup this year with the fact we lost our primary quarterback, our backup got surpassed by a later pickup, we've had a revolving door in our secondary (that is now kicking ass), and all the players want to play for us, sign him an extension.

Hell... 2 wins knocking off the top dogs and we are on the right track. 

I'm not trying to convince any of you to change your mind on how you feel about Osh, I'm just stating how I feel about the deal... I stated publicly on this forum before that last two playoff games that I wanted Osh, Lapo, and Hall, all 3, gone for next year... 2 playoff wins haven't changed my mind... if nothing else, I'm consistent, lol...

I did qualify that statement by saying that if I had to keep one and only one of them it would be Osh... but again, that is only if I had too...

for me, once again it's just my opinion, a 'great' head coach wouldn't have this inconsistency that we've experience in performance, both offense and defense, that we regularly have and have had... something doesn't translate from the chalk board to the playing field... those inconsistencies cost us 1st place in the West this year and home field advantage... did it work out anyway?  it did... but it's not the hill I want to climb year in and year out...

you won't win them all, but I'm not happy with giving away games either... Osh is a 'good' coach, a great player's coach, and seems to be a real good guy...  but he isn't a 'great' coach... a great coach also has the ability to influence and lead his coordinators as well... that to me is where he fails... coordinator failure is on the head coach and when you see it happening regularly it signals a problem in my eyes...

IMO, Walters is the main reason we're going to play in the cup this year. Collaros has been THE difference maker on offence and for the first time in recent memory, we upgraded our team throughout the year instead of standing pat. I'm specifically pointing to the changes in the DB's from the mid point of the season until the end of the season. Without those changes we are watching instead of playing in the cup.