Labour Day Classic GAMEDAY THREAD

Atomic

24 minutes ago, AB BomberFan said:

To be fair, Collaros wasn't much of a starter anyways so Fajardo really isn't their second string qb, 

But according to Bomber fans on this site, neither was Nichols much of a starter when he was playing.  There are threads after every game this season to prove that (or at least a season long Nichols complaint thread that died ONLY after he got hurt).

I would understand fans criticizing the Riders defense, considering the Bombers offense owned the 2nd half statistically despite missing key players on that side.. but does the Riders offense suck??   Or did the Bombers #1 ranked defense, that they rely on to win EVERY game, make them look bad?   Either the Riders crappy offense made the Bombers defense look good or the Bombers great defense made a good offence struggle. You cant claim both.

We have seen this story too often.  The defense plays a good game only to blow it when the team really needs them to hold the opposing offense to zero points on their final drive.  We saw some good late game stops by the D in the preceding weeks but this was an all too familiar tale.  Fajardo was 4-4 on the final drive for 34 yards...not sure why people here say all he did was hand off the ball to get in field goal range.

I get frustrated with our coordinators too, but there appears to be an assumption by many here that whoever we replace them with will be better by utilizing the talent to its full potential.  That is a pretty big assumption.  Who is exactly out there that will call a better game than Lapo or Hall?  Someone we don't know about from the US?  Someone in the CFL?  

20 minutes ago, Jdub33 said:

But according to Bomber fans on this site, neither was Nichols much of a starter when he was playing.  There are threads after every game this season to prove that (or at least a season long Nichols complaint thread that died ONLY after he got hurt).

I would understand fans criticizing the Riders defense, considering the Bombers offense owned the 2nd half statistically despite missing key players on that side.. but does the Riders offense suck??   Or did the Bombers #1 ranked defense, that they rely on to win EVERY game, make them look bad?   Either the Riders crappy offense made the Bombers defense look good or the Bombers great defense made a good offence struggle. You cant claim both.

giphy.gif?cid=790b76115fbfebdd617be8b6a9

35 minutes ago, Jdub33 said:

GTFO here with that logic. 

J/K -is it the same posters making the same claims? Or are you lumping the whole of MBB together? if it's the latter- then you get nothing but a shambling, non-coherent, constant stream of conflicting sentiments. Proceed at your own peril. 

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

4 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

giphy.gif?cid=790b76115fbfebdd617be8b6a9

My apologies for bringing common sense and objectivity into the discussion. 

You are absolutely right. You lost this game because your #1 defense crapped the bed against a terrible offense and the bombers missing star players on offense meant they couldnt bail the defense out against a team with a defense as terrible as the rest of the team.  

4 minutes ago, Jdub33 said:

My apologies for bringing common sense and objectivity into the discussion. 

You are absolutely right. You lost this game because your #1 defense crapped the bed against a terrible offense and the bombers missing star players on offense meant they couldnt bail the defense out against a team with a defense as terrible as the rest of the team.  

I think that gif was supposed to be in jest. 

2 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

You should take that to riderfans- they need some of that over there. 

When I used to heavily participate in these forums years ago (not this name), it was always on other forums. I was banned from the rider site back in the ridergirl days. Reinstated after that, posted for a year maybe.

My posts here over the last few weeks (all right now except for 1  a couple weeks ago) are all Ive posted in years. And I didnt really post here then either.

But  Im a rare breed in that the bombers have been my 2nd favorite team my entire life.

15 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

We will see what happens when they come here.

I dont hold out much hope for the Riders. YOU are one of few here that *would by the name I used to use* remember me from when I used to be on these sites a long time ago. Not from this one. Ourbombers sporatically, but back in the day on the stamps and esks sites

Edited by Jdub33
Wrong wording - I never posted anywhere under this name

1 minute ago, Jdub33 said:

When I used to heavily participate in these forums years ago (not this name), it was always on other forums. I was banned from the rider site back in the ridergirl days. Reinstated after that, posted for a year maybe.

My posts here over the last few weeks (all right now except for 1  a couple weeks ago) are all Ive posted in years. And I didnt really post here then either.

But  Im a rare breed in that the bombers have been my 2nd favorite team my entire life.

Me too, when we were in the east I felt that the riders were my second fav team- but rf.com and the fact we moved back west- has strained that considerably. 

Just now, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Me too, when we were in the east I felt that the riders were my second fav team- but rf.com and the fact we moved back west- has strained that considerably. 

Even when I was an every day active participant on team forums, I didnt post on ourbombers. It was generally only after games between the two or a comment here or there that was always met with me being a rider troll. So I stuck at esksfans and gostampsgo where if I commented after a game, it might seem like trolling, but I had reputation behind me. 

Yeah we were close, despite a lot of adversity......the men played hard, encouraging signs for next week, yadayadayada....
First quarter (when you need to go out and set the tone) and the last couple minutes were a joke.   The lack of imagination on O first downs was tedious.

Moral victories......well, they stink.  That really stung. 

16 hours ago, Goalie said:

Augustine was ok.. He did what he had 2.. 12 for 98 is solid.. Its his blitz pickup and non With the ball duties that need improvements tho. Solid tho. 

Thought he played quite well. His first start and it's the LDC. Yikes. I think people need to remember we played with 3 o'line and a RB that are essentially rookies. Our back-up qb.as well. Next week will be very different.

15 hours ago, bustamente said:

Bighill can't cover backs anymore and apparently he has become Sam Hurl in terms of being blocked out the play or making a tackle, his drop of in play is a head scratcher.

I bet he's getting lots of therapy on that hammy....those injuries take forever to heal.

15 hours ago, bustamente said:

We got a good player in Augustine, he has a few things to work on but I really like what i say from him today, Jefferson is in a league of his own no matter what the boys at TSN say, whether he gets to the qb pressure him tips balls runs down runners the guy is an absolute beast. The O line was a mess to today but Lapo could of helped them out by rolling out Streveler, he is not a straight back pocket passer.

Absolutely what I was thinking. We roll out Streveler and that keeps their dline honest.