Week 5 Takeaways

50 minutes ago, USABomberfan said:

I believe he simply clicked the link here and just let it open without clicking the categories

https://www.cfl.ca/stats/?season=2019

Does defending Skunkie’s stance make you feel ... I don’t know? “Icky” ?

I agree with you and was going to take up the cause but I didn’t an extra beverage first and by then had seen you were on it. 

@speedflex27 you lose any and all credibility when you have to resort to name calling. There really is no need to that. 

Edited by GCJenks
Tagged wrong screen name.

13 minutes ago, Eternal optimist said:

So, they're currently 2 games back of us, but play us three times,

Interesting because, Calgary, on a short week, gets to play Toronto this week and hope to get things going then. Then Ottawa. Between August 3 and Sept. 7, the Stamps will play the Edmonton Eskimos three times, travel to Winnipeg for a game against the Winnipeg Blue Bombers and host a surprising Montreal Alouettes team.

11 minutes ago, GCJenks said:

I agree with you and was going to take up the cause but I didn’t an extra beverage first and by then had seen you were on it. 

@speedflex27 you lose any and all credibility when you have to resort to name calling. There really is no need to that. 

Obviously he's not as high on Nichols as I am, but he's a reasonable enough guy that I can engage in discussions about that subject.

2 hours ago, GCJenks said:

Well, I'm certainly not the only one here who name calls. When Skunk makes a statement that makes little or no sense & continues to do so then should I or anyone else just say, "Thanks for your input?"

2 hours ago, Mr Dee said:

Interesting because, Calgary, on a short week, gets to play Toronto this week and hope to get things going then. Then Ottawa. Between August 3 and Sept. 7, the Stamps will play the Edmonton Eskimos three times, travel to Winnipeg for a game against the Winnipeg Blue Bombers and host a surprising Montreal Alouettes team.

Tough schedule? Absolutely. My point still stands though... the Stamps still control their own destiny when it comes to catch us, however, this is mostly by virtue of the fact the 2019 season is still so young.

38 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Well, I'm certainly not the only one here who name calls. When Skunk makes a statement that makes little or no sense & continues to do so then should I or anyone else just say, "Thanks for your input?"

Make your argument for the contrary in a civil meaningful way. If can’t accept that agree to disagree.

i present as an example the recent Premiers Conference. The Prime Minister of  Quebec doesn’t agree that an oil pipeline through his province would be good for all of Canada. Manitoba Premier Pallister didn’t resort to calling him a moron, idiot or any of the other things he simply stated “We agrees to disagree on that one.”

That about how it should work, like debating for drinks. Start a discussion and the first person that swears buys the next round. 

Think of it as if your boss has a real “good “ idea (at least in his mind). Do you raise your hand in the meeting and say You’re an.idiot, your idea is stupid. It is okay to think that but if you want to keep your job you find another softer more gentle way of getting your message across. 

Tone can add a lot to the validity of your message. 

15 minutes ago, GCJenks said:

Make your argument for the contrary in a civil meaningful way. If can’t accept that agree to disagree.

i present as an example the recent Premiers Conference. The Prime Minister of  Quebec doesn’t agree that an oil pipeline through his province would be good for all of Canada. Manitoba Premier Pallister didn’t resort to calling him a moron, idiot or any of the other things he simply stated “We agrees to disagree on that one.”

That about how it should work, like debating for drinks. Start a discussion and the first person that swears buys the next round. 

Think of it as if your boss has a real “good “ idea (at least in his mind). Do you raise your hand in the meeting and say You’re an.idiot, your idea is stupid. It is okay to think that but if you want to keep your job you find another softer more gentle way of getting your message across. 

Tone can add a lot to the validity of your message. 

I'm just going to leave this alone.

Things of beauty in a football game:

Lucky Whitehead’s weaving his way through numerous Argo defenders with his vision and speed on route to an improbable TD.

Lucky’s ability to change direction at full speed is incredible

Andrew Harris and his 52 yard romp..

Those TD passes that Matt Nichols threw to Darwin Adams and Nic Demski. On the money.

Nichols led the Bombers with an efficient passing performance, completing 18 of 24 passes for 209 yards and three scores. Mr Efficiency.

Charles Nelson - 7 punt returns for 126 yards

6 pass knockdowns

A tough goal line stand

That defensive line- led by Jeffcoat- quite the performance.

Having Stanley Bryant - the guy is stellar. Not given enough credit.

The interception by Winston Rose 🌹 Nahh keep testing me 😏 he says

This offence is going to be ridiculous when Matthews is back...  Lawler was a bit of a weak link

Whitehead, Demski and Adams all could end up as 1000 yard receivers...

Really want to see Woli targeted more - and moved to the inside...  still think Petermann could step in as our boundary WR

cant wait for them to incorporate some quick hitting slants over the middle with him just inside the second level...if there is only one guy trailing him and we flush out the zone with motion out of the back field and receivers running deep routes he gets that ball in space....good bye

20 minutes ago, Booch said:

cant wait for them to incorporate some quick hitting slants over the middle with him just inside the second level...if there is only one guy trailing him and we flush out the zone with motion out of the back field and receivers running deep routes he gets that ball in space....good bye

Like Milt in his prime...

44 minutes ago, Booch said:

Like the one he housed against the Riders in the preseason.

2 hours ago, Noeller said:

Whitehead slowing down almost to a complete stop at about the 10 yard line, and then going 0-60 to get to the endzone was something very very special to watch...

He made the 3 Argos nearby think he's going inside. When 2 of them were fooled and turn their back, Whitehead continue on wideout and ran it home.

On Nelson's punt return, if Jefferson made another block, it should have gone to the house as well. Little detail. 

Edited by M.O.A.B.

Just now, M.O.A.B. said:

He made the 3 argos nearby think he's going inside. 2 of them were fooled and turn their back, then Whitehead continue on wideout and made it home.

On Nelsons punt return, if Jefferson made another block, it should have gone to the house as well. Little detail. 

After Nelson's return, I felt like Whitehead would have scored on it.......just that little bit more speed. Nelson was gassed and got caught. 

2 minutes ago, M.O.A.B. said:

He made the 3 Argos nearby think he's going inside. When 2 of them were fooled and turn their back, Whitehead continue on wideout and ran it home.

On Nelson's punt return, if Jefferson made another block, it should have gone to the house as well. Little detail. 

That little detail (and 4 yards) cost a TSN viewer $1 million.