GDT: Edmonton @ Winnipeg June 27, 2019

Rich

1 minute ago, Goalie said:

Once again Fans have an infatuation with a QB who is proven to not be good enough

And it's tough to say that even though Matt had some success...but some isn't good enough after all of his time with the club....We lose this game tonight if it wasn't for our D

Ill take the unknown exciting young guy over Nichols. Lets keep in mind Football is entertainment here... Nichols just isn't good enough tho.. 200 consistently in the CFL.. Over 400k.. How can u justify that in a cap world

I can't reason with the irrational.

1 minute ago, B-F-F-C said:

trust me if Streveler proved he can be the #1.   I'd be the first one to call for him to start.   But you're all dreaming that he's better than Nichols.  

Listening to many of you.  You'd think we're talking about a QB who's won more than 1 game. 

You cant win games if you aren't starting.. Guy was a rookie btw last year so not sure about what u are getting at here. 

Streveler brings the fire.. The psssion.. The ability to fight off tackles and run and lay the SmackDown. Your mates see that.. They are pumped. U see a guy giving up... U do too. 

16 minutes ago, B-F-F-C said:

Lets see...our QB is 2-0 and I believe we have the best redzone percentage in the league.  This is what you get with Nichols and you all know it.  But every time he has a sub par game.  The same posters come out and **** all over him. 

Would be nice if we didn’t have entire quarters where we can’t even get a first down, significantly due to Nichols lack of pocket presence and ability to make throws.

This game is a laugher if we have an offense.  With the offense we had we were very fortunate to pull it out.

2 minutes ago, B-F-F-C said:

I can't reason with the irrational.

How is this irrational? Like using these words dont make it so. 

Nichols is a proven mediocre maybe avg but likely below average cfl starting QB.. Yeah he's won a few games but.. Many because of the D. 

1 minute ago, Stickem said:

Same may be said about your take

Come on! He's talking about putting in a 1-2 QB vs. a proven vet. Again he had a bad game but come on. I'm willing to have a discussion about QB'ing but in what world do you pull your starter and put in a unproven QB who hasn't shown that he can pass in a passing league.

Just now, Stickem said:

AND that was proven out again tonight   in spades

You know what.. Screw the stats.. Those are irrelevant.. Yup.. The thing that pisses me off about Nichols.. Hes a quitter. He quits on plays. He gets happy feet when he takes 1 hit or feels any sort of pressure.. But.. The quitting part.. The slide when Whitehead is wide open.. That is the problem. 

Just now, Mr. Perfect said:

It's like people forget that Matt Nichols is a B+ quarterback at best after 7 months without football. Amusing.

Wins/losses is not a quarterback stat. If you want to apply that logic, you can just as easily say Geoff Gray is 2-0 in his career as well.

Well...he is...

1 minute ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Would be nice if we didn’t have entire quarters where we can’t even get a first down, significantly due to Nichols lack of pocket presence and ability to make throws.

This game is a laugher if we have an offense.  With the offense we had we were very fortunate to pull it out.

This happens every game every year. Our offense disappears for a quarter to a half. QBs arent pitchers in baseball. They dont get records. Whats Fluties record? Damon allens? Moons? Its a team game. Winning doesnt excuse bad play. We let loffler walk in the off season because he wasnt good enough but what was the teams record in games he started? Irrelevant is what it was. That is a terrible excuse to accept mediocrity. How many grey cups did milt win?  Does that change his status?

8 minutes ago, B-F-F-C said:

trust me if Streveler proved he can be the #1.   I'd be the first one to call for him to start.   But you're all dreaming that he's better than Nichols.  

Listening to many of you.  You'd think we're talking about a QB who's won more than 1 game. 

He can be the no1 on a team that makes him the no1. Again win loss isnt a qb stat. its a team stat. He isnt ready to be the no1 qb on a team expected to be in the grey cup right now. He didnt show any progression in pre season. If he had taken a step forward you could argue it, but yeah cant just name streveler no1 and think we can contend. 

You know what.. Screw the stats.. Those are irrelevant.. Yup.. The thing that pisses me off about Nichols.. Hes a quitter. He quits on plays. He gets happy feet when he takes 1 hit or feels any sort of pressure.. But.. The quitting part.. The slide when Whitehead is wide open.. That is the problem. 

Take a step back man, they won. Nichols...nicholed. what else were you expecting?

1 minute ago, B-F-F-C said:

Come on! He's talking about putting in a 1-2 QB vs. a proven vet. Again he had a bad game but come on. I'm willing to have a discussion about QB'ing but in what world do you pull your starter and put in a unproven QB who hasn't shown that he can pass in a passing league.

Has Nichols shown he can do that recently? The passing thing?