Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mr Dee

Regular Season Bomber News

Recommended Posts

Guest J5V
8 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Coming into this thread half way thru trying to follow the discussion. It's hard to be leaf.

That's because you have a chip on your shoulder.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest J5V
9 minutes ago, Tracker said:

Keep following- you'll twig onto it.

He's more likely to join a splinter group.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That ‘fella’ did ok in his first game:

Kerfalla Exumé, who was making his Canadian Football League debut, finished with a game-high five special teams tackles. 

🏈 significance of his five special teams tackle effort?

The Bombers record for most special teams tackles in a game is seven, set by Brendan Rogers in 1994. That’s also tied for the CFL record, shared by Rogers and five other players.

Two other players – Wade Miller and Derrrick Doggett – each had six in a game.

And CFL stats guru Steve Daniel said he cannot find any other instance where a player had five special teams tackles in his first game.

https://www.bluebombers.com/2019/06/21/rookie-db-kerfalla-exume-making-splash-special-teams/

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2019-06-18 at 9:56 AM, Mr Dee said:

Although looked upon as problematic back then, it sure looks good now..

The Winnipeg Blue Bombers have acquired non-import offensive tackle Patrick Neufeld and a 4th round pick in the 2015 CFL Draft from the Saskatchewan Roughriders in exchange for import defensive end Alex Hall and a 2nd round pick in the 2014 CFL Draft.

I completely disagree with this... when the Bombers made this trade (October 6, 2013) we were 2-12. Hall was on the last year of his contract and the 'Riders overpaid for him because they were gearing up for a GC run...the pick ended up being for Jesse Briggs, who's turned into a consistent special teams guy. That's not to say we swindled the Riders, it was simply a trade of short-term assets for longer-term assets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Eternal optimist said:

I completely disagree with this... when the Bombers made this trade (October 6, 2013) we were 2-12. Hall was on the last year of his contract and the 'Riders overpaid for him because they were gearing up for a GC run...the pick ended up being for Jesse Briggs, who's turned into a consistent special teams guy. That's not to say we swindled the Riders, it was simply a trade of short-term assets for longer-term assets.

Lots of people thought Neufeld was washed up when the trade was made because he had some injury problems in SSK.  A fair number of people thought we gave up a second round draft pick and were going to get a guy who might play a quarter of the season before he got injured.  2013 he only played 3 games all season.

 

Which to be fair from 2014-2016 he missed 50% of the games (probably due to injury).  It's only been the last two years that he's managed to stay healthy

Edited by BomberfanMKS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Eternal optimist said:

I completely disagree with this... when the Bombers made this trade (October 6, 2013) we were 2-12. Hall was on the last year of his contract and the 'Riders overpaid for him because they were gearing up for a GC run...the pick ended up being for Jesse Briggs, who's turned into a consistent special teams guy. That's not to say we swindled the Riders, it was simply a trade of short-term assets for longer-term assets.

Although Alex Hall was leading the league in sacks at the time he was traded in 2013, he had plans to go to the NFL after the season ended, which he did after  helping Sask. win a G.C..  He was cut by the  Carolina Panthers in 2014 and returned to the Riders for the 2015 season but didn't last very long.   Over the last two years Neufeld  has pushed the trade in the Bombers  favour, but it took a  heckuva long time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Eternal optimist said:

I completely disagree with this... when the Bombers made this trade (October 6, 2013) we were 2-12. Hall was on the last year of his contract and the 'Riders overpaid for him because they were gearing up for a GC run...the pick ended up being for Jesse Briggs, who's turned into a consistent special teams guy. That's not to say we swindled the Riders, it was simply a trade of short-term assets for longer-term assets.

The pick we acquired in that trade turned into Christophe Normand not Jesse Briggs. Regardless he was a good player for us for three years and still a CFLer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Atomic said:

The pick we acquired in that trade turned into Christophe Normand not Jesse Briggs. Regardless he was a good player for us for three years and still a CFLer.

You are correct sir, I had the wrong year (2014) and round (2nd, which is what SSK had - not what WPG got). Thank you for correcting me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2019-06-21 at 3:46 PM, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Although Alex Hall was leading the league in sacks at the time he was traded in 2013, he had plans to go to the NFL after the season ended, which he did after  helping Sask. win a G.C..  He was cut by the  Carolina Panthers in 2014 and returned to the Riders for the 2015 season but didn't last very long.   Over the last two years Neufeld  has pushed the trade in the Bombers  favour, but it took a  heckuva long time.

All this talk makes me think of how desperate we were for any OL help back then and how seemlessly we moved to 3 new starters this season...  Walters has really done a great job with Cdn content.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Matt.hews! #fort.hews

 
CFL Headlines (@CFL_Headlines) Tweeted:
“I’m ready to go back out there full speed.” | Matthews itching for game time: It was near the conclusion of the Winnipeg Blue Bombers first official day back to work after their bye week when Chris Matthews flashed all his skill… https://t.co/PbVDWkGWI9 via @EdTaitWFC #ForTheW https://t.co/0LW8JWV2Yr
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"“They fly around, they’re very physical, they like to celebrate a lot after plays,” began Harris when asked for a take on the Eskimos. "

 

Hilarious because I noticed the same thing. They are super yappy and looooove patting themselves on their back for doing their job.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Geebrr said:

"“They fly around, they’re very physical, they like to celebrate a lot after plays,” began Harris when asked for a take on the Eskimos. "

 

Hilarious because I noticed the same thing. They are super yappy and looooove patting themselves on their back for doing their job.

 

Dave was saying the same thing to me... Really love themselves. Has to come from Maas.... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...