Regular Season Bomber News

Mr Dee

Just now, JCon said:

No love for Lefors or Bishop? 2009 was lit! 

Sad thing is bishop was the best of a bunch of bad back ups forced to start.  I think its too easy to point the finger at QBs though. Especially when most played  behind awful ols and lacked weapons / systems. 

3 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Sad thing is bishop was the best of a bunch of bad back ups forced to start.  I think its too easy to point the finger at QBs though. Especially when most played  behind awful ols and lacked weapons / systems. 

1 minute ago, Floyd said:

Lefors maybe but Bishop is sadly not even in our top ten deadbeats ha

He was fun to watch. Gunslinger. 

1 hour ago, JCon said:

He was fun to watch. Gunslinger. 

Its amazing to watch any athlete with such an overpowering singular tool. But especially an incredible arm. Probably my favorite of our bad/not good players.

I remember him with the argos nearly being sacked in the endzone, but throwing the ball off one leg falling back onto his butt (not a 45 degree angle but close in my memory) and it flying 70ish yards in a perfect spiral. I think he was just trying to throw it away too. 

Easily the greatest all around athlete ive ever seen play qb. He wasnt the fastest qb by any means, but he was still fleet a foot. (more straight line speed then quicks imo) Phyiscal strength on par with any qb, including the 270-300 lbs biguns that ran through college and pro football a few years back, and could jump like mad. I wonder if Kerry joseph was similar at a younger age. Though he was a better runner and not as insanely strong. (still preternaturally strong for a qb, and athlete of that size.) 

He lacked most all the refined QB skills and tools. Too much to ever over come and be even a second tier starter in the cfl. But fun to watch. A quicker version of him would be my perfect QB3. 

17 hours ago, Rod Black said:

Kerwin Bell, and he could get all time gold medal blooper award. 

IncompatibleMilkyAmberpenshell-size_rest

Love it. Juran Bolden, #21 who was all "GTFO here".

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2017/08/best-sports-gifs-kerwin-bell-spike-ball-crotch-valdosta-state-coach-colts-dolphins-florida-video

“My competitiveness and the way I played the game  got the best of me at that moment,” Bell remembered in an interview with For The Win this week. “I was just sort of playing around and talking trash. But it didn’t turn out quite the way I expected it.”

Instead, Bell nailed himself in the groin and Bolden gave him a push, with the QB landing on another opponent. Bell’s only thought at that moment?

“I was upset that I got a flag,” he said. “I actually got hit with the ball and by Juran. They got me for taunting or whatever it was for.”

Back then, there was no YouTube or Twitter to make the clip instantaneously go viral. But there was TSN, which Bell said ran the highlight “night and day for a week.”

“I realized that it was something that was going to last the rest of my life,” he said."

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy