NFL Coming to Winnipeg for Preseason Game

JCon

3 minutes ago, MOBomberFan said:

Walk-up specials on the day of I'd expect.

They'd expect to sell 25,000 seats via walk-up? If they aren't in manic mode yet, they're delusional. They will need to cut the remaining tickets by at least 50-70% to even come close to getting a respectable crowd. 

7 minutes ago, nate007 said:

They'd expect to sell 25,000 seats via walk-up? If they aren't in manic mode yet, they're delusional. They will need to cut the remaining tickets by at least 50-70% to even come close to getting a respectable crowd. 

Greed and denial is a heady concoction. We may see prices drop in the next couple weeks... but I think the real deals will come the day of. Whoever is setting the prices is playing chicken with cheap bargain hunting Manitobans; who blinks first?

21 minutes ago, nate007 said:

Actually, if they are in manic mode, they probably are delusional.

1 hour ago, WBBFanWest said:

and a fan of indoor plumbing too I expect, so a double win for him!

For a short time in 2014 he was marketing a flush toilet he thought he invented. Sadly, he was informed that plumbing has existed since the Roman Empire.

2 hours ago, MOBomberFan said:

Greed and denial is a heady concoction. We may see prices drop in the next couple weeks... but I think the real deals will come the day of. Whoever is setting the prices is playing chicken with cheap bargain hunting Manitobans; who blinks first?

Their is no interest in this event at all from the casuals,   this wasn't like the heritage classic where even fringe hockey fans wanted in on the event.   The same even goes when we had the Womens Soccer games at the stadium,   I heard much more of a buzz of those games then from this NFL exhibition. 

If I were them I'd slash prices in half right now and try to salvage what they can.  

2 hours ago, Brandon said:

Their is no interest in this event at all from the casuals,   this wasn't like the heritage classic where even fringe hockey fans wanted in on the event.   The same even goes when we had the Womens Soccer games at the stadium,   I heard much more of a buzz of those games then from this NFL exhibition. 

If I were them I'd slash prices in half right now and try to salvage what they can.  

The bombers havent been pulling the numbers i would expect for a 5-1 top of the league squad. A bunch of people talked about how this would be a for sure sell out and I just dont see it. Its pre season NFL. Thats as dull as football gets. 

12 minutes ago, Mark H. said:

I did not watch any NFL at all last season - don't miss it.  The most overrated league on the planet. 

I still watch some but its tough. The over exposure of the players on social media makes it hard. Especially combined with antics ranging from extremely douchey to awfully criminal (like tyreek hill) 

I still feel like the guys who play in the cfl are largely cut from a different cloth. A lot of these guys play because they want to play football.

Id much rather watch college or even Junior college etc. 

3 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Do you have an nfl team? I never adopted one and it certainly contributed to the death of my nfl interest. 

Been a 49er fan since I watched them as a kid on CBC back in the 60's.  Loved their uniforms right from the start. My son lives in Seattle & he's involved with football coaching down there so the Seahawks as well.

3 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Been a 49er fan since I watched them as a kid on CBC back in the 60's.  Loved their uniforms right from the start. My son lives in Seattle & he's involved with football coaching down there so the Seahawks as well.

ive been a big bill walsh fan since I read his first book, the winning edge. And The score takes care of it self amped it up. I loved their offense, but never got attached to the team.

5 hours ago, wbbfan said:

The bombers havent been pulling the numbers i would expect for a 5-1 top of the league squad. A bunch of people talked about how this would be a for sure sell out and I just dont see it. Its pre season NFL. Thats as dull as football gets. 

Anyone recall how many people Toronto drew for those exhibition  Buffalo Bills games? 

9 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

ive been a big bill walsh fan since I read his first book, the winning edge. And The score takes care of it self amped it up. I loved their offense, but never got attached to the team.

I go waaaaay back to the John Brodie & Gene Washington era starting in the mid 60's. Now Brodie didn't look like your prototypical qb but what a great player he was. Should have gone to the Super Bowl in 1971 but the Cowboys had a huge second half comeback to beat the Niners that day.