NFL Coming to Winnipeg for Preseason Game

JCon

5 hours ago, Jesse said:

Holy @$$, discussing tickets prices and comparables is a perfectly valid topic on a discussion forum. It also has nothing to do with going or not going.

You don't have anything productive to add to this particular branch of the conversation?

Then. Don't. Comment.

No, it's like a non-Jets fan going onto a Jets forum to complain that tickets are too expensive and stating all the things they would rather do than go to a Jets game.  No one cares.

35 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

There's only 2 answers here. Go or Don't Go.  Do people want to hear continually why anyone doesn't want to go? People can spend THEIR MONEY anyway they want.

Using the same supposed 'logic' no one wants to hear continually why anyone wants to go. End of discussion before it begins.

37 minutes ago, Ripper said:

While we are making jokes, maybe I will bring my machete.  Depending where we have to stay in Winnipeg, I may need it.

Hahaha... if you stay near the stadium you should be good... Make sure to keep it on you if you're going downtown though...😂... 😭 

4 minutes ago, bearpants said:

Hahaha... if you stay near the stadium you should be good... Make sure to keep it on you if you're going downtown though...😂... 😭 

We were just in Winnipeg with daughter in hockey tournament last weekend.  Had a good stay at the Hampton in polo park

3 minutes ago, WBBFanWest said:

It's one thing to carry a machete, quite another to know how to wield it effectively.  Good luck.

True.  Can't say I ever had much need to know how to use one. Living in the vast jungles of SE Sask.  I'd have to drive a hour just to find a tree to practice on. The fuel would be expensive and I would be supporting Trudeau's BS carbon tax.  Then he would have more money to funnel in the state owned propaganda machine CBC to help him get re-elected. I see what you are trying to do.  I'll have to keep a eye on you from now on. 

12 hours ago, Atomic said:

No, it's like a non-Jets fan going onto a Jets forum to complain that tickets are too expensive and stating all the things they would rather do than go to a Jets game.  No one cares.

I'm a non-Bomber fan? Uh, no.  I have been posting here since the beginning and on the old forum as well.  I think it is fair game to criticize the promoter of this event for what little thought he put into the pricing of this event.

Yesterday, Friesen provided an update saying around 5,000 seats were sold (or at least grayed out on ticketmaster...apparently the club seats on the east side of the building were set aside so not sure if those were all sold)  Now I would say maybe around 7,000 seats are sold, not suprisingly almost all in the 3 cheapest sections.

The promoter and his company are from Saskatoon so on a positive note if this thing goes south, we can blame Saskatchewan!

According to Ticketmaster site, tons of seats left. Only 5 available sections have sold out - the 4 cheapest ($75) end sections, and one of the 8 of the next cheapest ($140) sections. I’m no sales and marketing expert, but I don’t usually see seats sell from the worst locations to the best. 

1 hour ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

According to Ticketmaster site, tons of seats left. Only 5 available sections have sold out - the 4 cheapest ($75) end sections, and one of the 8 of the next cheapest ($140) sections. I’m no sales and marketing expert, but I don’t usually see seats sell from the worst locations to the best. 

Most expensive and least expensive are always the first to go.  106-109 (mid lower bowl east side) are all sold out at $400 each.

5 hours ago, Atomic said:

Must have been a glitch, there are still plenty

Must have been a glitch as it showed no tickets left when I checked.  There was a message saying this event had no tickets left. That it sold out quickly.  Today there are thousands left. Go figure. 

On 2019-06-07 at 1:48 PM, Ripper said:

True.  Can't say I ever had much need to know how to use one. Living in the vast jungles of SE Sask.  I'd have to drive a hour just to find a tree to practice on. The fuel would be expensive and I would be supporting Trudeau's BS carbon tax.  Then he would have more money to funnel in the state owned propaganda machine CBC to help him get re-elected. I see what you are trying to do.  I'll have to keep a eye on you from now on. 

Shocking given your team, but lots would agree with you. 

On 2019-06-07 at 1:13 PM, Ripper said:

We were just in Winnipeg with daughter in hockey tournament last weekend.  Had a good stay at the Hampton in polo park

People from Sask always insist on staying at Polo and I don't get why lol

Yeah there's good shopping there, but it's not like it's close to cool restaurants or sight seeing.

Like why not stay near the forks for a similar price?

Edited by Dr Zaius