Bomber News: 2019 Off Season

Rich
Message added by Rich

For minor off-season Bomber news.  Any significant stories or news that is likely to generate significant discussion may have its own thread created.  General CFL news can be found here.

32 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

Interesting read indeed...

The question going into camp this year once again comes down to the ratio, which, from the Bombers’ perspective, is a good problem to have. Head Coach Mike O’Shea could start a Canadian in as many as nine positions going into the season, which should lead to plenty of competition for starting jobs throughout the month of May.”

HUGE SIGNING.....Matthews..Demski..Woli..Adams and whomever wins the 5th spot looks pretty darn good to me to compliment Harris outta the backfield...If we were so start the season  now with that crew we are looking good..Woli and Adams will flourish now with Matthews taking a lot of attention

The only question mark (for me) on the depth chart ... 

WIL - Wilson or Temple have the inside track.... but give me Ackie, please !!!

C, RG, 5th WR and field-side CB - are question mark but we have the horses for those spots, it's just a matter of who is going to win it.

4 minutes ago, M.O.A.B. said:

C, RG, 5th WR and field-side CB - are question mark but we have the horses for those spots, it's just a matter of who is going to win it.

Now if we can land Ackie, basicallty can allow us to use him in lue of an import as a DI for his position, getting us another American as a DI on offence...dedicated returner/back-up receiver 

2 minutes ago, M.O.A.B. said:

Yeah..   I think this team is gonna be just fine.  We will have enough talent around those positions to ease the players in.  5th and field-side corner are fairly well protected positions.  Not huge volume is sent to weakside / 5th WR. I say we look at going with a Canadian at WR5 and let all the kids battle it out for fieldside corner. 

Center.. We the offensive line didn't look out of place when Speller started and its either going to be a more experienced version of him or a better player in Couture. Playing Simonise at WR5 means that if need be we can start Foketi who i don't think is a drop off from Chung or if Gray or our 4th overall pick are ready we go with one of them and let them grow.

2 minutes ago, Booch said:

Now if we can land Ackie, basicallty can allow us to use him in lue of an import as a DI for his position, getting us another American as a DI on offence...dedicated returner/back-up receiver 

I think we get a dedicated returner even without Ackie but that would be a plus.  DI's LB, K, Roh, Returner.