Around the League: 2019 Off Season

SpeedFlex27
Message added by Rich

For minor off-season non-Bomber CFL news.  Any significant stories or news that is likely to generate significant discussion may have its own thread created. General Bomber news can be found here.

22 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

I can see Harris going to Saskatchewan and getting paid as much maybe more then Rielly, and Mitchell.

He's not worth the same amount of money but teams are desperate so he should get a big payout.  Certainly an upgrade over what sask had last season.  

8 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Count me as someone who thinks he might be the most overrated QB in the league... 

Certainly inconsistent but when he’s on he’s on.  I would think he’s the #3 qb in the league, ironically behind Reilly and BLM. 

Yeah yeah, Matt Nichols is #4. Masoli #5. Although I guess from 3-5 it’s interchangeable at this moment. But if I had to have one of the three, hate to say it but it would be Harris 

Edited by CodyT

7 minutes ago, Zontar said:

Dont believe OTT will let Harris walk for a minute. He is average. Occaisonally above average. Stretches of disturbingly poor play. But team is far worse without him.

That one live mic game was hilarious.  Mile long snap counts, pep talks to his teammates on the sidelines - did absolutely nothing on the field.  

Prider "insiders" on FA QB negotiations....

"Look, I didn't want to say anything but we offering as much or more for Player X but he wanted to play in City X to be close to mum, girlfriend, sick grandma, fulfill dying wish of somebody etc..."

Or 

"Hey, we were offering competitive money but GM X blew his brains out and started offering insane numbers. Day should be commended for holding the line. Seriously, are the Riders the only team committed to fiscal sanity ? C'mon Ambrosie do something !"