Eskimos @ Stamps

Zontar

2 minutes ago, J5V said:

Remember Lankford? Nichols couldn't find him with an H bomb yet Streveler hits him in stride, first pass, for a long TD strike. For me that shows the difference a QB can make in a nutshell. Watch how much better the receivers are when they get passes they can actually catch.

I think just about every qb would have a hard time finding Lankford, but I digress. I get your point, though. 

5 minutes ago, Mike said:

I’m less about stats and more about the eye test. Streveler passes the eye test. Nichols does not. 

13th in league in rushing..6th in TD passes and 10th in rushing TD's...all with starting only 3 games of which were basically only after 3 weeks of "Intro to Canadian Ball 101" and limited spot duty...how he can't do any better and most likely make things happen out there that most QB's in this league can only dream off seems pretty unlikely...time for his shot...because as it stands our QB position isn't getting it done

2 minutes ago, Booch said:

13th in league in rushing..6th in TD passes and 10th in rushing TD's...all with starting only 3 games of which were basically only after 3 weeks of "Intro to Canadian Ball 101" and limited spot duty...how he can't do any better and most likely make things happen out there that most QB's in this league can only dream off seems pretty unlikely...time for his shot...because as it stands our QB position isn't getting it done

Do you remember me saying he was never going to get it done lol.

34 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I think just about every qb would have a hard time finding Lankford, but I digress. I get your point, though. 

and I get yours. Receivers need to play better. I liked some of what I saw from Tompkins, Adams, and Wolitarsky last game.

29 minutes ago, Brandon said:

It just seemed like everyone stepped it up when he was on the field...

Ya he was fired up and the whole team was too.  Seems small but you even see the little celebrations he has with the rest of the guys on offence after the TD’s the last two weeks.  This team and offence in particular is in a malaise and Streveler just always brings it and from what we’ve seen brings it out of other guys too.

His passing stats probably won’t be pretty, like 55% completion 200 yards something like that (basically Nichols numbers), but he won’t turn it over and he’ll rush for probably at least 8 avg when he runs designed or not.  Plus open up space for Harris because the LBs actually have to honour the read option since if he gets one step around the edge he’s gone for 30.

Edited by JuranBoldenRules

Similar to pulling the goalie it's not all about the one position, it's also a good swift kick in the ass for the rest of the players to get their acts together. 

Nichols has been let down by the receivers a lot lately,yeah he's made some dumb dumb throws too, but really needs more help, perhaps Dressler is too much his crutch, but either way the receivers need to be better. Hell the first INT on labour day the receiver tipped it up for the DB to get it easily, if he doesn't tip it at least the db would have likely had to at least dive to make the pick.

19 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Similar to pulling the goalie it's not all about the one position, it's also a good swift kick in the ass for the rest of the players to get their acts together. 

Nichols has been let down by the receivers a lot lately,yeah he's made some dumb dumb throws too, but really needs more help, perhaps Dressler is too much his crutch, but either way the receivers need to be better. Hell the first INT on labour day the receiver tipped it up for the DB to get it easily, if he doesn't tip it at least the db would have likely had to at least dive to make the pick.

That tip for the first interception was a bad throw by Nichols.  It's all ready been discussed somewhere on this board.

7 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

yes it was a bad throw, but if he lets it go rather than tipping it up the DB at least had to put in some effort to get the pick. You can't let the receiver off the hook, he compounded the problem. 

Coming over the middle trying to catch a high pass with one hand. Hey, what possibly could go wrong? 

48 minutes ago, NorthernSkunk said:

Lmao.....it's his job to catch the ball....he was trying to catch the ball...... it got tipped. Maybe next time matt can throw it into his numbers instead of making the reciever climb another ladder....

Catch it or knock it down, you don't go batting it up into the air. That's on the receiver. Never mind that all across the CFL other teams have receivers that make tough catches for their qbs, you think Reilly and BLM hit everyone perfectly? Hell no, those guys help their qbs and as much as Nichols is having a tough go right now when was the last time we saw his receivers really help the guy out? 

2 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Catch it or knock it down, you don't go batting it up into the air. That's on the receiver. Never mind that all across the CFL other teams have receivers that make tough catches for their qbs, you think Reilly and BLM hit everyone perfectly? Hell no, those guys help their qbs and as much as Nichols is having a tough go right now when was the last time we saw his receivers really help the guy out? 

Ok fine, but ^^ is a lousy example. 

6 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Streveler threw a nice TD to one of Nichols receivers last game......heck of a job he did keeping in bounds

1 minute ago, NorthernSkunk said:

Streveler threw a nice TD to one of Nichols receivers last game......heck of a job he did keeping in bounds

Best part about that throw was Streveler knew he couldn't get alot of mustard on it, so he threw it to a spot where only Adams had a play on the ball. Worst case it would've been an incomplete pass.