Around the League: 2018 Season

Rich

7 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Als traded for OL Landon Smith when they also traded for Manziel. Today, the Als (Kavis Reed) cut him so as not to have to guarantee his salary. How does Reed even keep his job? What a joke. 

Who is Landon Smith?  Landon Rice was cut today...

15 hours ago, Booch said:

False...only thing Rice has over Foketti is Birth Certificate...If we made that move we would have weakened the O-line significantly

Tho I don't know what type of evaluation skill Bauming has I agree with him.

From my observations Foketti is pretty much at par with Hardrick, and I would go on record saying would be a starter on almost every team in the league if he hit open market...we havn't realized how lucky we have been the last 3 years having him stashed away and there is a reason he has ben on the 46 all of last year and this...he's being paid full salary for his insurance policy premiums lol

I'm not saying Bauming is wrong, I just don't trust his evaluation skills. 

But you make a lot of sense and there must be a reason they keep him around. 

1 hour ago, Booch said:

yeah...he would be that deep guy threat our offence is starving for..and his presence would exponentially allow Adams to light it up...we do have the extra first rounder and all

Then we would need to put in a qb that can throw deep with accuracy.

gotta do something...or see what Washington gives us...this team needs a game breaker receiver to help ail a lot of it's offensive issues....that and not have all receievers save for one all running routes on the same depth level...while still trying to throw to the backs in that level..congesting everything

It’s painfully obvious that we need “that” receiver to give us more room to maneuver. I’m disappointed that they do not at least look at Washington in this regard.

But then again, what makes me believe LaPo will use his weapons effectively?

Last game, at the beginning, they targeted different receivers and it resembled an offence. We used more receivers than Calgary. (Of course they didn’t need to) but my point is, with our offence, you have to take the pressure off Harris so he can do his thing. They just aren’t incorporating their weapons to do this.

Only 7 touches for Harris is ridiculous. 

Where LaPo’s mind go when we have to move the ball?

22 hours ago, Booch said:

gotta do something...or see what Washington gives us...this team needs a game breaker receiver to help ail a lot of it's offensive issues....that and not have all receievers save for one all running routes on the same depth level...while still trying to throw to the backs in that level..congesting everything

Thompkins was chosen ahead of Washington but to this point they have not made use of his talents in a significant way, from the pre-seaon games it looked like he was very well equipped to compete for balls and yet they have not done this.

Edited by Throw Long Bannatyne

Agreed...totally.. also they need to use..or try Washingtons skill set in conjunction with it..or release him if not going to use him.

would let Dressler heal up another game and get him "really" healthy and see what kind of things can be done with Tomkins and Washington in lineup..cant be less production than what we seen last 2 games